2010.06.22 ~ Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Klass is certainly calling it like it is. He just said that most of what TH is saying does not make a good timeline. That is why they are checking her time at SI island & have had her take another polygraph. Marc is sharp & has been involved in these cases since his daughter Polly was abducted from her home & murdered.
I agree those things he said were right on the money. It was when he first mentioned Kyron being grabbed by a stranger my eyes rolled and then Nancy theorized how improbable that would be for a stranger to be there during that tiny window of time to grab him. Then MK changed his tune real quick.

I've noticed a pattern to this with other media sources as well...just take a look at John Walsh's interview on the Today Show vs what actually was broadcast on AMW...I expected more.

There has been quite a bit of critique even from Criminal Profiler's of this case that it really seems like LE are deep into something they are not sure what to do with.

The backpedaling attempts are not believable either...when LE announces the results of TH's second Polygraph, passing it with flying colors...I'll buy she's not the focus...until then, she's "my" only POI.

Oh, I missed that somehow. LE said she passed the 2nd poly with flying colors? Do you have a link? Ta

Oh, I missed that somehow. LE said she passed the 2nd poly with flying colors? Do you have a link? Ta

No. She said "when" they announce it...(Which I just don't think is going to happen)

I agree that SM's behavior has been puzzling to me. I highly doubt that I would even be able to function in a situation like that; but, you never know till you are there yourself. I'm still not ready to attack her until I see some proof.

Wish you didn't see people's opinions as attacks on her. Everyone wants to figure out who did this to Kyron and why.

The intense interest in Terri Moulton Horman, here on the board, mirrors the intense interest in her by Law Enforcement.

It's not a witch hunt, it is calling it as we see it. Right now, she is the obvious choice and so far, has been unable to exonerate herself. That's why her name comes up on shows like Nancy Grace.

;)

I've noticed a pattern to this with other media sources as well...just take a look at John Walsh's interview on the Today Show vs what actually was broadcast on AMW...I expected more.

There has been quite a bit of critique even from Criminal Profiler's of this case that it really seems like LE are deep into something they are not sure what to do with.

The backpedaling attempts are not believable either...when LE announces the results of TH's second Polygraph, passing it with flying colors...I'll buy she's not the focus...until then, she's "my" only POI.

BBM. I really don't know why LE even bothers w/ giving LDT's. What is the purpose? They are not always accurate. It has been proven that sociopaths can pass them even though they are guilty, they are not admissible in court, and most importantly, they can give false results due to medications the person may be on or anxiety.

Myself, I suffer from high blood pressure, tachycardia, depression, and anxiety. If I were to take one I am about positive I would fail whether I was guilty or not. Once you fail a LDT you are marked for the rest of your life.

If SM were not suffering from depression and anxiety right now that would worry me. Therefore, I'm not sure the results will really matter. If she fails she could just be too upset that her child is missing. If she passes she could be an accomplished liar or sociopath. So, what is the benefit?

I think LE uses LD's more to see if the person is willing to take it. And they may have asked her to take a 2nd one, if they did, because they could not determine much from the first one and wanted to see if she was still willing to cooperate to that extent. It can't be used against her or cause her to be arrested.

Wish you didn't see people's opinions as attacks on her. Everyone wants to figure out who did this to Kyron and why.

The intense interest in Terri Moulton Horman, here on the board, mirrors the intense interest in her by Law Enforcement.

It's not a witch hunt, it is calling it as we see it. Right now, she is the obvious choice and so far, has been unable to exonerate herself. That's why her name comes up on shows like Nancy Grace.

;)

I completely understand that SM HAS to be looked at. That is a given. I have questions and doubts of my own about her behavior ... I'm just not ready to place a POI or murderer label on her until I see some proof. I guess, as a mother, the mere thought of my child disappearing is unbearable. In a way, I could see myself in SM's shoes. For my child to be gone for hours and no one even notice till he did not show up at the bus stop that afternoon followed by weeks of fruitless searches ... well, I would probably have to be committed somewhere for a complete mental breakdown.

I am a stay at home mom that works from home part time. I spend a lot of time on the computer and on FB. I spend a lot of time researching autism, supplements and therapies to help my autistic son, etc. Currently, I am spending a lot of time here on this site. I can just imagine the things that would be said about me ... same as the public is doing to SM. I highly doubt that I would be able to pass a LDT due to health issues, medications, and anxiety which would only add fuel to the fire for those that would think I was guilty.

Actually, this site has some really great moderators that have kept everyone in check. I do not see the vicious attacks here that I have read on other sites. Thank you to the mods that have such a difficult job of sifting through all of the things posted!!! :gomods:

What I have seen on other websites disturbs me. People should be able to discuss the SM and her behavior w/out the name calling and viciousness in their tones that I have seen. Could you imagine the toll all of this could take on SM's psyche if she were innocent? IF she had nothing to do w/ Kyron's disappearance, I am almost sure she blames herself for not walking him to his classroom door. Because Kyron disappeared on her watch.

I certainly did not mean what I said about any of the posters here on this site. I would just prefer to see some kind of proof released by LE stating SM was a POI BEFORE I cross that line and assume she is guilty. Does that make sense? I know ... :too much info:

Interesting, They just showed a shot of the school, panning in on that E door STEADFAST showed up that is within a few feet of where TH could have parked her car. The door was standing open, is red on the inside and am sure that is on the east side of the bldg.

I can't understand why Marc K is talking about a stranger taking him :waitasec: Nancy jumped on him and then he said it had to be either one of two things: TH is involved or some local pedo was lying in wait to nab him at that very minute. Hmmmmmm

Or any child apart and vulnerable that day.

I completely understand that SM HAS to be looked at. That is a given. I have questions and doubts of my own about her behavior ... I'm just not ready to place a POI or murderer label on her until I see some proof. I guess, as a mother, the mere thought of my child disappearing is unbearable. In a way, I could see myself in SM's shoes. For my child to be gone for hours and no one even notice till he did not show up at the bus stop that afternoon followed by weeks of fruitless searches ... well, I would probably have to be committed somewhere for a complete mental breakdown.

I am a stay at home mom that works from home part time. I spend a lot of time on the computer and on FB. I spend a lot of time researching autism, supplements and therapies to help my autistic son, etc. Currently, I am spending a lot of time here on this site. I can just imagine the things that would be said about me ... same as the public is doing to SM. I highly doubt that I would be able to pass a LDT due to health issues, medications, and anxiety which would only add fuel to the fire for those that would think I was guilty.

Actually, this site has some really great moderators that have kept everyone in check. I do not see the vicious attacks here that I have read on other sites. Thank you to the mods that have such a difficult job of sifting through all of the things posted!!! :gomods:

What I have seen on other websites disturbs me. People should be able to discuss the SM and her behavior w/out the name calling and viciousness in their tones that I have seen. Could you imagine the toll all of this could take on SM's psyche if she were innocent? IF she had nothing to do w/ Kyron's disappearance, I am almost sure she blames herself for not walking him to his classroom door. Because Kyron disappeared on her watch.

I certainly did not mean what I said about any of the posters here on this site. I would just prefer to see some kind of proof released by LE stating SM was a POI BEFORE I cross that line and assume she is guilty. Does that make sense? I know ... :too much info:

I'd probably fail a polygraph because I'd feel guilty as hell even if I didn't do anything. Just knowing I left him where he was taken.... add to that all the stuff being thrown online and in the press, knowing everyone was analyzing my every move (I blink too much!!!) and I'd be a nervous wreck. I don't show that on the outside, but inside I am all torn up.

I just haven't seen any facts that lead me to say with certainty that I think she did it. I've got my suspicions, and am on the fence at times, for sure, but I can't say she harmed kyron.

Currently, I am spending a lot of time here on this site. I can just imagine the things that would be said about me ... same as the public is doing to SM.

I've wondered before what would happen if I was being investigated for a crime. If LE took my computer and found out all the research I've done, just from participating on WS and wanting to find out more about something ... well, it wouldn't look pretty.

I agree that SM's behavior has been puzzling to me. I highly doubt that I would even be able to function in a situation like that; but, you never know till you are there yourself. I'm still not ready to attack her until I see some proof. Something concrete. I have seen too many cases where parents were wrongfully accused as well as wrongfully convicted. I can't imagine going through the hell of having your child go missing and then being attacked all over the www ... people that do not even know you saying you are guilty.

I'm not completely convinced about the pings either. How accurate are they in this day and time? I know a couple of years ago I made a call that somehow bounced off the tower located in a town 45 minutes away. I KNEW for a fact I was not in that town that day, yet I still had to pay the long distance fee.
I read somewhere that LE usually uses a grid of pings from more than one tower to pinpoint location...and that your phone is constantly sending out signals, thus making it easier to tell what location you are in despite traffic (i.e., the tower might be busy, but if you are in one place for twenty minutes, you're going to hit on the closer tower more often than a tower further away). Also, I've read that pings show how strong/weak the signal is (i.e., the further away from a tower, the weaker the signal, the closer, the 'higher' the signal). To use pings as a location technique, LE uses triangulation...signals received by multiple towers if they are within range of a phone... so when a phone is pinging, it's hitting multiple towers, and LE can use the strength of the signals the phone is constantly sending out at each tower to pinpoint a range of where the phone is when its pinging.

That said, we don't know what kind of phone SM has. She could have a very fancy new phone with GPS capability, and then LE doesn't have to use 'old-fashioned' triangulation to pinpoint SM's location. IF the ping information is accurate. I'll say one thing, SOMETHING has LE focusing on Sauvie Island, and given the different agencies involved in the search (including the FBI), I'd be surprised if they were devoting so much time to that place based on half-baked theories or weak tech data.

Transcript not posted yet. However, video is posted.

[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/06/15/grace.horman.vanished.cnn[/ame]

LDT's are merely a tool that LE uses, among other things. Usually all family members are asked to take one, just to determine if any of them are reluctant, and depending on the results, it can tell LE a lot about that person.

And they CAN be used in court if both the prosecutor and the defense attorney agrees. The reason people think they can't be used in court is because 95% of the time the defense attornies will not agree to it, unless it shows that their client passed it.

commercial break should I sing for you? :nono:

Latisha is saying still searching.

SM FaceBook page she posted that she was going to the Gym but never put up a picture of Kyron for 6 days.

Cell phone pings,,,,,,,,, Marc can't hide from cell phone pings.....she was reportedly in the wrong place doesn't match.

Lillian Glass says FB is very telling..... not asking for help to find Kyron, but talking about the Gym shows state of mind.

BBN

My .02, the morning my special needs son decided to unlock window and climb out and go on an "adventure" while we were still sleeping (he was found by friends over 2 hours later, about a mile away on old rr bed just ambling along) one of the first things I did after calling 911 when I realized he was missing was to then post to FB by phone while running around looking. The FB post got neighbors out like crazy in minutes (we live in a small community). So unless TH isn't a regular FB user (and I haven't seen her FB so don't know) I can't imagine her not using it right away.

BBM. I really don't know why LE even bothers w/ giving LDT's. What is the purpose? If she fails she could just be too upset that her child is missing. If she passes she could be an accomplished liar or sociopath. So, what is the benefit?

SNipped for space

The poly is another way to put more pressure on her and I'm glad they're using it. Hopefully either she or KH will crack and spill the beans. And if I'm wrong about them then I will gladly say I was wrong and apologize.

I've wondered before what would happen if I was being investigated for a crime. If LE took my computer and found out all the research I've done, just from participating on WS and wanting to find out more about something ... well, it wouldn't look pretty.

Ditto

Completely OT here but I have had the same thoughts, LOL if anything bad every happened which I pray it doesn't and LE has to take my computer, OH my they would have a field day. I have researched everything from decomposition, to unsolved murders, to kidnapping for ransom, I have researched chloroform and asphyxiation, broken necks, parental abductions, pedaphiles, Oh my they would have thier work cut out for them. LOL, and as far as the polygraph goes I would probably fail one simply because I would be thinking about how guilty I look researching all this.

BBM. I really don't know why LE even bothers w/ giving LDT's. What is the purpose? They are not always accurate. It has been proven that sociopaths can pass them even though they are guilty, they are not admissible in court, and most importantly, they can give false results due to medications the person may be on or anxiety.

Myself, I suffer from high blood pressure, tachycardia, depression, and anxiety. If I were to take one I am about positive I would fail whether I was guilty or not. Once you fail a LDT you are marked for the rest of your life.

If SM were not suffering from depression and anxiety right now that would worry me. Therefore, I'm not sure the results will really matter. If she fails she could just be too upset that her child is missing. If she passes she could be an accomplished liar or sociopath. So, what is the benefit?

I'm sure that sometimes they are used as a ploy to get someone to confess. Not everyone understands just how polygraphs work. LE could administer one, tell the person that the poly "proves" they are lying as a way to get them to fess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500