2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

If she was running errands wouldn't the stores have some sort of camera system that could confirm her story? also if she said she drove a certain route couldn't LE check gas station videos and other store videos to see if her car drove by, I'm sure the cameras in the parking lots also scan a part of the road. So maybe LE couldn't confirm her wherabouts.

For sure - if she told LE she was "running errands" that day (as has been reported in the media), any store she entered would have either a camera image of her or a credit/debit record of her purchase (unless she paid with cash). Nevertheless, there would at least be a surveillance camera image of her entering & exiting any store whilst "running errands".

It's my opinion that she has no verifiable alibi of that day, which is why LE has been looking at her so closely.

Wow, just got back from the Canada Day fireworks and have lots to catch up on it seems.

""Kyron is still alive," Desiree said"

I sooooo hope Mom is right.

Thank you, so how do they know she lied? Just from the cell phone pings?

I'm not ready to elevate cell phone pings to that of DNA evidence. Sort of like polygraphs - affected by many variables. moo

We don't know she lied, we have been told that her story of where she was doesn't match where she really was... Meaning NOTHING to us...

Posting from her cell is a good option, posting from anywhere that has a computer - wi-fi access, or having someone else post and upload the picture from her account?

I'm sure the IT forensics of the FBI can figure out where facebook entries originate from. Right? moo

I think I have read that their were cameras on the in and out bridge on the island and that she was seen on the island so that is BETTER than cell phone pings. just sayin

A local told us that (don't remember which one) but also said to their knowledge it hadn't functioned in years.

If LE actually had proof that TH lied about her whereabouts with cell phone records that actually verified that, combined with 2 alleged failed poly's, LE would have her in custody, at the very least for obstruction. IMO, I think it's more likely the poly's were inconclusive - LE has suspicions and they're using the media to apply pressure hoping to extract a confession from her - but what if she isn't the real perp??

JMHO~

Hmmm, Not if there is more to the crime of his disappearance, like a second person involved. That issue would have to be as tight as the case against her IMO

We don't know she lied, we have been told that her story of where she was doesn't match where she really was... Meaning NOTHING to us...

Sorry - this thread is called...Terri lied about where she was that day and I thought there was some substance to it.

WOW Liz, When you think about it so many things will come into play. I hadn't even thought yet about her posting from her cell phone !!! Ta

If she were uploading pics from her cell, it would show up as a mobile upload....just sayin'

For sure - if she told LE she was "running errands" that day (as has been reported in the media), any store she entered would have either a camera image of her or a credit/debit record of her purchase (unless she paid with cash). Nevertheless, there would at least be a surveillance camera image of her entering & exiting any store whilst "running errands".

It's my opinion that she has no verifiable alibi of that day, which is why LE has been looking at her so closely.
Maybe her errands were just things she did or places she went like in visiting someone. I don't know, just saying it would make sense. Maybe she didn't go into any stores. We don't know yet.

I think I have read that their were cameras on the in and out bridge on the island and that she was seen on the island so that is BETTER than cell phone pings. just sayin

I'm not sure this is correct information - First off, the nature of the people who live on the island wouldn't go for it.

Secondly, it's not mentioned here http://www.katu.com/news/96341619.html or here http://sauvieisland.org/visitor-information/road-safety-conditions/ not that these articles make it definite, but I don't think the expense of it would be justified there.

It also doesn't mean that she wasn't seen and caught on a business camera.

Ok folks, KISS: KEEP IT STUPID SIMPLE

1. SM resented stepchild
2. planned for months how to get rid of him
3. maybe even had a few trial runs
4. take non-descript car to school extra early {check}
5. make sure a few people see you with stepson {check}
6. create confusion about dr. appt {check}
7. snap alibi pic {check}
8.leave shortly after 8am with stepson, few people around {check}
9.call school re: when to pick up science display, no questions about stepson being absent, all is well {check}
10.go to SI, complete the deed {check}
11.run some errands [check}
12.go home wash your cloths {check}
13.post alibi pic on FB {check}
14.meet school bus....WHAT no stepson
15.Fake grief: {Big Fail}
16.forgetting to turn off cellphone: {priceless}
17.hitting the gym and posting on facebook: {relief}

If she were uploading pics from her cell, it would show up as a mobile upload....just sayin'

Each phone is different so I can't say for sure. Plus I have an ipod touch that has wi-fi and I can upload from that, anywhere!

I have a hard time reconciling the Terry savvy enough to plan this abduction but not savvy enough to realize there were cameras filming her where she would eventually dispose of Kyron's body. Traffic cams are easy to spot. She was not new to this area, and it stands to reason that if she did plan this, she scoped out where she would dump his body.

If her cell phone pinged off the island and she said she wasn't there, if she was caught on a surveillance camera entering and exiting the island and she said she wasn't there, and if there is a plethora of other, overwhelming evidence against her, then she could at least be charged with obstruction of justice.

I'm leaning toward LE's case centering on the cell phone pings and maybe one or two other minor-ish inconsistencies, perhaps even her demeanor and actions subsequent Kyron missing.

A second polygraph test doesn't mean she was caught in a lie; perhaps she wasn't, LE was surprised, and she was brought in again for more specific questioning. Whether or not she did this, I don't believe LE has much evidence. I truly believe there is a lot of playing hunches and minor-ish inconsistencies in her story. IMHO, though, if there was a smoking gun or if she had been caught in case-breaking lies, LE would've arrested her on obstruction of justice.

Sorry - this thread is called...Terri lied about where she was that day and I thought there was some substance to it.

I don't have the exact quote Eyees, but think the poster is going on that statement about she wasn't where she said she was, or SS. She told the police she was somewhere doing X and they discovered she really wasn't there, right?

Each phone is different so I can't say for sure. Plus I have an ipod touch that has wi-fi and I can upload from that, anywhere!

you can upload from anywhere, but on fb it's labeled a mobile upload if it comes from your cell. At least that's my experience...

Yeah....it says it right on your FB page, so I don't know why this would come out now since everyone was looking at her FB page early on, and surely this would have been mentioned as suspicious.

you can upload from anywhere, but on fb it's labeled a mobile upload if it comes from your cell. At least that's my experience...

Maybe that depends on how you upload it? Via the FB photo uploader, or if you log on to the actual FB site? I don't know...

I know that she wrote on Facebook that she was going to the gym when her cell phone was at Sauvie Island. Why doesn't she come out and tell the world why she was at Sauvie Island or at the very least why her phone was there? This is such a sad case. If that was me and i had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance, I would be answering every question. Come forward and tell us what happened.

Oh...what day was 'going to the gym' on her face book? And what day was she supposed to be on SI? tia

In addition, a poster on another site checked all cell phone companies in the area and said that NONE showed up as having any towers at all on the island.
There are no cell towers on the island but that doesn't mean there is no cell phone coverage on the island. Here is a map of the closest towers. An inch is about 3 miles. The towers should have good range because the land is pretty flat in the area.

4754031076_0e3c136909_b.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$