2010.07.01 - The Oregonian and Willamette Week not invited to the presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimster, I apologize for any snarkiness, but this is getting people's danders up about the "other side." A lot of people have been pretty much laying into Terri for weeks now... it's time someone else got a little of that too!

From the beginning I was very strong in one direction. But after reading comments on local new stations and the "orchestrated mini presser" today; I am seriously confused. Which is very rare for me. I don't know what to think!

Yes. I imagine LE is scratching their head right about now, too. The behavior of this whole group is becoming quite odd.

We heard that TH was going to come out and speak. And then she didn't. So could this press conference today maybe be a way of getting her on record saying something. I am of the opinion now that maybe LE asked the family to make these very specific statements. I'm not sure this was so much the family, but rather a police tactic to get TH to react? Just a thought.... I mean the pointed statement asking her to cooperate. That tells me they are turning up the heat. LE that is.

Maybe if she has a temper they are trying to get her in a tough spot to see if she slips up. This did look orchestrated. But I'm thinking maybe not by the family. MOO

I'm not only back on the fence, I'm starting to lean in the other direction now.

That's how I've been getting my exercise lately... jumping back and forth over that fence.

Hmmm journalists not playing along with LE and the FBI profilers eh :nono:

What if they DID do that? What if they did only call the outlets they wanted to be there? Then Nancy reported it on her show and everyone knew about it. (Remember, it was not reported on any of the Oregon news outlets?)

It is totally possible that the other news outlets showed up because they heard about it after it was unintentionally "leaked" as if it was public. That's almost what it seems like to me. As if it was a frantic damage control situation after they all showed up. They thought they had it figured out, then all these other people showed up.

That's just my take on it though... I do not know what to think at this point.

BBM

Wow,that just hit me,isn't that what's happening to Terri?And you're exactly right,they could have just called the media outlets asked for the reporters they wanted,noone would ever have thought anything.But,now people are getting a different picture of what might have led up to this whole "situation" as Kaine puts it.

More Notes from the Strange Press Conference with Kyron Horman’s Family...

Scheduling:
Next week they will meet with media at 10am on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday

On Thursday they will do interviews starting at 4pm but nothing live. Everything taped as has to be held for air until Friday because Kyron went missing on a Friday.

These are examples of some more of these unusual rules, agendas and scheduling.

Hopefully Kyron will be found before next Tuesday and other further twice-weekly briefings, right?

And wouldn't it be better to get everything out ASAP rather than seemingly waiting to apparently honor the day of the week that Kyron went missing?

We heard that TH was going to come out and speak. And then she didn't. So could this press conference today maybe be a way of getting her on record saying something. I am of the opinion now that maybe LE asked the family to make these very specific statements. I'm not sure this was so much the family, but rather a police tactic to get TH to react? Just a thought.... I mean the pointed statement asking her to cooperate. That tells me they are turning up the heat. LE that is.

Maybe if she has a temper they are trying to get her in a tough spot to see if she slips up. This did look orchestrated. But I'm thinking maybe not by the family. MOO

That is very possible and many people are speculating on that. But what I think is causing everyone to scratch their heads is the press outlets being kicked out. Would the LE approve that or agree to that as a strategy? Very strange!?!

I believe LE is orchestrating something. It's just no longer clear to me who they are trying to rope in.

That is very possible and many people are speculating on that. But what I think is causing everyone to scratch their heads is the press outlets being kicked out. Would the LE approve that or agree to that as a strategy? Very strange!?!

It would be an interesting twist if TH held her own news conference and "implored" the other three to cooperate with the investigation as well.:angel:

Okay, is anyone else getting a bad taste in their mouth from this? What the heck? Why all this strategy? And does Law Enforcement have ANYTHING to do with today's press conference, or is it just the family?

Not a bad taste. I just don't understand it. Maybe it's not being used to dealing with the media, combined with this being an extremely difficult time, and they just made a mistake. I'm willing to see what happens going forward.

I have a hard time visualizing LE sitting them down and saying, "OK, here's what we want you to do....Hold and press conference. First, publicly humiliate and eject the reporters from the Oregonian and WW, then tell all the other reporters the rules about how it's going to be from now on, and then publicly throw TH under the bus."

Stranger things could happen, I guess. But that's a little out there. A lot out there, actually.

So nothing more until next Tuesday? Does that mean that that case is on hold until the country is done with the holiday weekend?

You can't schedule the investigation into a missing child, last I knew. Are they saying if he is not found by Tuesday, maybe they will give out another tidbit about Kyron? Why should the Hormans feel the need to have regular meetings with the press?

Why do I feel as though LE knows nothing more than they did on 6/4 except that now Terri is out of the loop?

I wish her lawyer would respond to this in some way, but notl sure what he could say that would be effective. He can't very well agree that Kyron is alive, or the opposite. All he could say is that his client is and has been fully cooperative already and that LE needs to be looking elsewhere and I am not sure I would disagree.

it seems to me that by specifically barring these media outlets, they've just released the hounds so to speak. i can't personally figure out the motivation myself but, it seems to me that thus far the media has been very cooperative and compassionate and actually haven't done much in the way of digging up a lot of dirt. i expect now we will likely see some inflammatory articles in the near future. moo

I don't know either, but I'm starting to be glad I don't live in Oregon.

It's just so weird to me... I guess I am just not used to "off the record". I don't know if it's good or bad. I am used to situations where LE has to go and make an arrest before they are ready because the media finds out about the case and intends to report on it... before the arrest is made! They just don't have the same type of working relationship I guess here? Or maybe it's just a select couple of media outlets...

I just know that what I'm seeing in Oregon is totally different than what I have seen in Utah or other states. It is definitely weird. Maybe it is just the different nature of the case itself a missing possibly murdered child....but even with those cases... the media was there every single step of the way with Ethan's case. There was no "we need you to not report on this while we go up Ogden Canyon and bring something down, we will give you the whole story if you'll wait"... We got a play by play of everything and they were just there and taping everything. Maybe it's the difference in confession and already having made an arrest vs this situation.... I don't know.

This whole situation is just foreign after something like that... :waitasec:

Nothing more till next Tues? maybe a deadline? Is that how long it takes to get back to Oregon from the eastern part of the USA?

I believe LE is orchestrating something. It's just no longer clear to me who they are trying to rope in.

That is an excellent question, so many fingers are being pointed at TH, maybe that's their plan, takes the heat off another perp/family member to let their guard down?

If this child is found alive, I will be very relieved and thrilled of course, but very shocked.

This case is not helping my health at all, which is not great. I can imagine what it is doing to Desiree, bless her heart. She is probably going on almost no sleep for a month. So she may well believe what she says, but I can't buy into any of the theories with Kyron being in Vermont sitting in resturants, etc. Yes, there will always be a case someone can quote where it happened. But I still think this will turn out out to be another tragic family matter, if we ever know.

(sorry wrong thread, just realized)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member