2010.07.24 - The Oregonian: Armchair detectives article

Thank you Kimster.

We both spoke with Kimberly Wilson. My conversation with Kimberly was wonderful.

By the questions she asked I could tell she is getting us. Understanding what we, as in Websleuths, is really trying to do.

As soon as the article comes out we will open this thread. I want to stress that if you have any questions about how I run Websleuths, about the decisions we make, ANYTHING, please ask. I have nothing to hide.

Take Care,
Tricia

Hi, Tricia,
This was a great article to read~very interesting, and I learned a few things! I am somewhat "new", one who has limited time to browse the forums/threads, and appreciate the organization of everything here.

After thoroughly enjoying reading and posting here this past month, the only suggestion I would kindly offer would be to have standardized warnings (kind of like emotion-free, pre-worded or possibly fill-in-the-blank "forms") for the moderators to utilize, so that members do not feel "shouted" at or "threatened" when a post is off-topic, etc. I, personally, would respect a calm, uniform response, and I think it would round out and fulfill the etiquette this forum is striving to achieve.

Thanks for allowing my input!
:)

Thanks for your input, Gardeness!

The "serious warning" posts are made after our informative posts are ignored. It is our last attempt to rein in the thread before TOs are issued. We do not like to give out TOs.

It would be really great if members would read and follow the two links I am providing below. WS wouldn't even need us anymore! :D Oh wait! We could just do media interviews instead. :dance:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107206"]*~* Welcome Members and Guests to Kyron's Forum *~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106878"]Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

good job ladies, mark me up as another who really appreciates this great place!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back