2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

I believe these Grand Jury proceedings have everything to do with Kyron and not the MFH plot. LE has made it clear that Kyron is their #1 priority.
Having been around GJ activities for many years, I can almost guarantee you that nothing is going to leak out and compromise this investigation. What takes place in a GJ is secret and that secrecy is taken very, very seriously. Individuals who appear as witnesses are not even allowed to say a word about what took place. We can only hope and pray that this is a huge milestone for the search for Kyron!

By the way, you can bet your sweet patootie that Terri (no matter what city she is in right now) is under surveillance 24/7. She will be kept in their sights, especially now that a GJ is deliberating.

JMO!!
Prayers and hope for Kyron......always.

LOL...The "crazy cousin" was pretty honest and wise, in retrospect.

I'm hopeful for some movement for the first time in a very long time!

Could TH's attorney visit on Friday have been prep for testimony to the GJ?

I was thinking that, too.

So we believe DeDe betrayed Terri and told the truth?? When will we know?? This makes me REALLY happy.

We will never know. Unless of course she testifies in the murder trial. Then we'll know for sure if she flipped.

I just hope she was honest. And that LE can somehow find Kyron and give his family the closure they deserve.

I can't help being skeptical, especially in this case, lol---this sounds like more bullying and force from LE, IMO...DS refused to talk and they didn't "play games", they subpoenaed her...I could be wrong!

bbm; what I bolded I disagree with you. Subpoenas are normal in a GJ and legal procedure.

I further add that this GJ has been in the making... not some off the cuff thing. They have had the goods on this case for a while now. The DA will argue his case much like he is presenting it in court and the GJ will vote on handing down an indictment/indictments that the DA is arguing for. It is a check an balance of our legal system and in no way forceful and bullying imhoo

Watch booking today and tonight. If they come back with a true bill it will happen quickly.

Did they subpoena her because she refused to talk? Very interesting!

IMO, they subpoenaed her because they believe she has information pertinant to the investigation and because they have the right do so!! Grand Jury subpoenas are not "personal"......it's about obtaining sworn testimony relevent to an investigation. An investigation about a missing CHILD.

I hope and pray that DeDe did the right thing and told the truth :praying:

Justice for Kyron!

Will someone post the Multnomah County jail roster link again? I can't find it....

The DA must feel pretty confident that they have enough evidence to go to the Grand Jury..
Question is:
What do they have evidence of at this point? Have they found Kyron and waiting for the Press conference to say it, then show him off?
Did they find evidence that he is dead?
Or have they just found evidence that Kyron did leave the school with Terri and are indicting her on charges of kidnapping?

Where the hell is Kyron?

KGW just showed reporter trying to interview DeDe, she just continued walking, not answering but her atty was asked why she was called to testify and he said his understanding is that is was to "solicit information"..
Hope they put that clip online...

Above BBM

According to the ABA:

Why are grand jury proceedings secret?

Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provide that the prosecutor, grand jurors, and the grand jury stenographer are prohibited from disclosing what happened before the grand jury, unless ordered to do so in a judicial proceeding. Secrecy was originally designed to protect the grand jurors from improper pressures. The modern justifications are to prevent the escape of people whose indictment may be contemplated, to ensure that the grand jury is free to deliberate without outside pressure, to prevent subornation of perjury or witness tampering prior to a subsequent trial, to encourage people with information about a crime to speak freely, and to protect the innocent accused from disclosure of the fact that he or she was under investigation.

However,

Why can a grand jury witness talk about his or her testimony?

In the federal courts, the witness is not sworn to secrecy, and may disclose whatever he or she wishes to whomever he or she wishes. The witness exemption was adopted in part because it was thought that requiring witness secrecy was unrealistic and unenforceable, and in part to allow the witness to rebut rumors concerning his or her testimony. There is a basic revulsion in the United States about secret testimony.

Please note the above information is for FEDERAL Cases. Which wouldn't apply here. Unless LE or the FBI has an indication that Kyron was taken across state lines. In which case the Federal government would prosecute.

Otherwise a typical state grand jury would have convened.

I can't help being skeptical, especially in this case, lol---this sounds like more bullying and force from LE, IMO...DS refused to talk and they didn't "play games", they subpoenaed her...I could be wrong!

Completely untrue, in my opinion and experience. Like I mentioned before.....it's not personal....it's called an active investigation. I am sorry if you feel it's "bullying and force" from LE, but that is false, IMO.
Grand Jury subpoenas are incredibly common and prosecutors are in an information-seeking mode!!!

We will never know. Unless of course she testifies in the murder trial. Then we'll know for sure if she flipped.

I just hope she was honest. And that LE can somehow find Kyron and give his family the closure they deserve.

I just hope she doesn't pull a George Anthony and try to refute what she probably said after this to try and protect Terri. I would hate to see that happen.

I just hope she doesn't pull a George Anthony and try to refute what she probably said after this to try and protect Terri. I would hate to see that happen.

You and me both Aedrys. I just hope and :prayer: that she does the right thing. And realizes this is about a little 7 year old innocent child. I'm not aware of her personality but if she's anything like Lee we should expect her to lie and continue to protect her friend instead of a child. :(

I just hope she knows the exact location of Kyron so LE can give his parents closure.

Mine as well set the crock pot for dinner! Something huge is coming down in the next 24 hours!

It may take the grand jury several days. I didn't even know they had convened. But I'd be surprised if they don't hand down an indictment on Terri and maybe some of her friends. This case doesn't lack witnesses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back