2010.08.09 "Issues" w-JVM: Discussing the latest in the Haleigh Cummings case & Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know when LE took the van in for processing? Had the carpet been replaced?

If JO's prints weren't on the steering wheel, then he didn't drive. That leaves timmy. Of course LE is not going to tell us anything. Can't imagine them wearing leather gloves...

Did it sound to anyone else that JO did not bring a gun with him...only a knife? The biggest question I have is why did rc find it necessary to remove ALL his guns from the MH,including the one for protection. When did RC remove all of his weapons? He must have had a d#$m good idea that something was coming down and he had to protect the guns. Personally I think he removed them after Haleigh died because he didn't want LE to take them.

Whisperer, I can see where Ron would offer a weapon up for payment of a cleanup. Hide the weapon and promise to tell the location after the Mh is cleaned up then not coming through on the deal, instead getting the weapon himself and keeping it. I feel certain that Ron would not want LE to find his stash of weapons or drugs.

Anyone know when LE took the van in for processing? Had the carpet been replaced?

If JO's prints weren't on the steering wheel, then he didn't drive. That leaves timmy. Of course LE is not going to tell us anything. Can't imagine them wearing leather gloves...

Did it sound to anyone else that JO did not bring a gun with him...only a knife? The biggest question I have is why did rc find it necessary to remove ALL his guns from the MH,including the one for protection. When did RC remove all of his weapons? He must have had a d#$m good idea that something was coming down and he had to protect the guns. Personally I think he removed them after Haleigh died because he didn't want LE to take them.

Yep, as far as the van is concerned, it is unbelieveable that someone would let "Deer Blood" stay in a van and not clean it up. In the Florida heat maggots would be evident pretty fast. Of course, we don't know if any kind of blood was found, because we really don't know anything but the different versions of these fairytales being told by the players involved.:banghead:

I think that removing the guns was part of his and TN's cleanup because he didn't want DCS to know he kept all those guns around his children, for fear of losing Jr. Just my opinion.

Linda, do you know Misty? I believe you have very well summed up her behavior concerning Haleigh's fate. I too see the posibility that Misty doesn't know the complete story and whatever she's saying is just a guess. I can't buy that she was at the mobile home the entire evening. jmo

Nope, I don't know her. I used to do foster care for teen girls that were level III therapeutic, I've lived with a few for years that were just like her. I even keep in very close touch with two.

IMO If Misty knew what happened, she would have shouted it from the rooftops long ago to get out of her situation. If she alone killed the child, she would have slipped up by now. Not to mention the body would have been close by as Misty would have been on foot.

There is no real "loyalty" in that family.

Beam me up Scotty! Did I just hear somebody say when LE arrived Feb 10 that misty was dressed in street clothes?

I distinctly recall TN saying misty was dressed in bed clothes. According to TN, misty was wearing boxer shorts and a camisole-type top.

Thank you. Misty's IQ is nowhere near as low as many think and state--she has excellent adaptive skills, which one would NEVER associate with a low IQ. She may have some LD but check out the airport interview, the solo appearance on the morning program, the giddy engagement video and the 911 call about HER. She can adapt quite easily and that does not correlate to a low IQ. She is quite different, though, when responding to questions Haleigh's disappearance which, IMO either means she knows a LOT and it reflects upon her or someone she cares about or knows only what she was told OR she is in fear or ? MY :twocents:

She's a Jeckyll and Hyde for sure. She makes me want to believe in MPD.

BBM

I have always questioned the trip to GGMS house in the AM if true. Ron said that he had to drive to Welaka to get Haleigh's favorite outfit. Then it was said that she had spilled something on her shirt and that was the reason.
GGMS would know what Haleigh wore to school and she would of known what she had on when she came by at 7pm and the kids were eating outside in the dark and cold weather. Odd that she takes so much interest in their clothe but didn't mind that they were outside in the cold eating dinner.

I to wish that LE would at least give the public an idea on what they feel happen to Haleigh. Odd that LE didn't want the public or TES to search for Haleigh after the first few days. That stunk to high heavens then and still does. I wonder if this case will ever be solved, the players will never talk IMO because they fear if they do talk they will end up looked at differently and may end up serving time for the crime regardless of what part they took in the crime or knowledge they may have.

Madj, AMEN to everything you just said, especially LE not allowing TES to search stinking from the beginning! I think everyone in that town that knows what happened may not only be afraid they will be looked at differently, they may also be afraid LE will see them as interferring and may be intimidated to get involved. Not that LE is intentionally making them feel that way, they are just afraid to come forward. BBM:rolleyes:

Whisp, they DID "rule out" JO. I'm bumping a post I made last May with specific links that say he was ruled out among other things:

It's hard to get any more ruled out than that and I'm not aware of anything changing in his regard.

An investigation evolves and LEs opinion changes based on the ongoing investigation.

When Joe has been touted as the murderer of Haleigh in the recent months not one police officer stepped forward to set the record straight by saying they are not looking at him as a POI or a suspect.

And they aren't going to step forward either because IMO, due to how the case has changed he is right on their radar screen.

I think they are getting closer and closer to solving this case. The one who is known as "crazy" and capable of doing something like this will eventually be arrested for the murder of Haleigh imo.

Will they announce beforehand he is a suspect or a POI or anyone else who may be arrested along with him? No, imo, they wont. LE will come forward only when an arrest is made. I don't even think JO believes he is home free and has been ruled out. I think he and his lawyer are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think they are watching him like a hawk and that is why they were quickly at his home when they busted him for growing pot and having drug paraphernalia. Both the TN police and Florida investigators are in regular communication with each other about Joe Overstreet imo.

IMO

An investigation evolves and LEs opinion changes based on the ongoing investigation.

When Joe has been touted as the murderer of Haleigh in the recent months not one police officer stepped forward to set the record straight by saying they are not looking at him as a POI or a suspect.

And they aren't going to step forward either because IMO, due to how the case has changed he is right on their radar screen.

I think they are getting closer and closer to solving this case. The one who is known as "crazy" and capable of doing something like this will eventually be arrested for the murder of Haleigh imo.

Will they announce beforehand he is a suspect or a POI or anyone else who may be arrested along with him? No, imo, they wont. LE will come forward only when an arrest is made. I don't even think JO believes he is home free and has been ruled out. I think he and his lawyer are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think they are watching him like a hawk and that is why they were quickly at his home when they busted him for growing pot and having drug paraphernalia. Both the TN police and Florida investigators are in regular communication with each other about Joe Overstreet imo.

IMO
The only reason Joe is known as 'crazy', is because his family has told us. But are they being truthful? IDK...but I'm dang sure not going on Tommy's, Misty's, or Ron's word. They might have a motive to lie. Now, GMawFlo is a different story. Has she always thought he was crazy or is this something new? Actually, on a personal level, I believe some of the accusations, but that doesn't mean he was there that night. & I'm sorry, but I think there are several crazies involved in this case. We've read & heard horrible stories about every single one of them. Remember when Ron was just a regular non-drug using dad, trying to support his family? Misty was the best gf Ron ever had & the kids adored her? & Haleigh begged them to get married? Ron had no problem with Joe, & there was no fight? & Tommy, just helping out his friend Ron, went to check on Misty? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Beam me up Scotty! Did I just hear somebody say when LE arrived Feb 10 that misty was dressed in street clothes?

I distinctly recall TN saying misty was dressed in bed clothes. According to TN, misty was wearing boxer shorts and a camisole-type top.

I remember that also. Misty said she got up and noticed the light on and door was open. I knew if she woke up and found the door open she would have mentioned it was cold in the house before she would have mentioned the light if she was wearing boxers and a t as TN described. I believe it was in the 40's that night. The heat would have been on and if the door was open and the heat was running LE could have gotten the info from the meter from the power company to see if the meter was running unusually fast around that time. IMO that's one way LE figured out Misty's story was just a story from the start of this mess.

well, it's possible that she woke up, right after the door was propped & Haleigh was taken, but since Misty's now going with the Joe story, I don't guess she's claiming to have been asleep. so what she had on isn't really relavent, except that TN told a contradictory story to this new one.

I think that removing the guns was part of his and TN's cleanup because he didn't want DCS to know he kept all those guns around his children, for fear of losing Jr. Just my opinion.

----------------
Hi Nonnie, I haven't followed this case as close as I should so I maybe wrong. Wasn't RC. on parole or probation? Are they allowed to have guns if they are? Not allowed where I live.tia.Nore

Maybe when they go to prison and can get some drugs, they will talk. I say sit em down now with a six pack of beer, a bottle of good whiskey, some smokes and they'll talk.

------------------
Whisperer a six pack?:Banane35: more like a 30pack :floorlaugh:

well, it's possible that she woke up, right after the door was propped & Haleigh was taken, but since Misty's now going with the Joe story, I don't guess she's claiming to have been asleep. so what she had on isn't really relavent, except that TN told a contradictory story to this new one.

Exactly!

I need to go back to the beginning......again.

The only reason Joe is known as 'crazy', is because his family has told us. But are they being truthful? IDK...but I'm dang sure not going on Tommy's, Misty's, or Ron's word. They might have a motive to lie. Now, GMawFlo is a different story. Has she always thought he was crazy or is this something new? Actually, on a personal level, I believe some of the accusations, but that doesn't mean he was there that night. & I'm sorry, but I think there are several crazies involved in this case. We've read & heard horrible stories about every single one of them. Remember when Ron was just a regular non-drug using dad, trying to support his family? Misty was the best gf Ron ever had & the kids adored her? & Haleigh begged them to get married? Ron had no problem with Joe, & there was no fight? & Tommy, just helping out his friend Ron, went to check on Misty? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Imo, it really doesn't matter what the family has said although I do think they know him well. It is very logical that the police has investigated Joe and I have no doubt they have uncovered some "crazy" things Joe has done that supports what his family has said. I also believe that Steve Brown did as well.

Why would his own kin have a reason to lie about him? Even Joe admitted that he has lost most of his family due to being accused of this so that tells me more than those who have spoken out against Joe believes he is capable of doing something crazy like this. The only one that seems to be supporting him is his mom and she said he stays home.

I don't think there was a "fist fight" but I do think heated words were exchanged because of Joe trying to steal Ron's gun.

I will continue to believe Joe Overstreet is the main perpetrator against Haleigh unless the DA says otherwise. I felt that from the start. It makes sense to me. No one had a bone to pick with Ron but Joe when Ron humiliated and "dressed him down" once and then outsmarted him again when he came there that night to do it all over again.

IMO, Haleigh woke up from the screaming and cussing when he couldn't find the gun, and I think like any little protective child, Haleigh told the man in black she was going to tell her daddy and he went ballistic.

IMO

I remember, long before all of this internet access, & the OJ case broke, it was The Enquirer, that I depended on for information. They had the scoops, the pictures, the inside details, etc...they really did some journalistic investigating. & when I say this, I'm not being the least bit facetious...I wish they'd go to Satsuma & do their thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname