2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

Now it's getting interesting! What do you want to bet HHJP is really really jiggling his chair.....

a meeting with who? BC was in New York , right? So defense , judge & MN?

"Casey Anthony’s defense, the prosecution and EquuSearch attorneys met in Perry’s office about a half-hour after Conway’s “Today” appearance, WESH’s Bob Kealing reported."
-from the above article, and answering my own question.

a meeting with who? BC was in New York , right? So defense , judge & MN?

In the article it says the meeting in Judge Perry's office was attended by Baez, the state attorneys and the attorney for TES. I so wish we could know what was said!

Brad also says he will continue to attend the hearings, the trial and continue to support the Anthony's throughout it all, until a conclusion is reached.
snipped

So he is going to continue doing all the crap he is currently doing but without the title and without billing them for it? Hmmm. Okay.

ETA the only change is that now he can't be held liable for any shenanigans. Interesting. Well, anyone wanna lay odds on who will be distancing themselves from the Baez Bullhockey next week?

I agree with rythme on this one. Rats are leaping off Baez's sinking ship left and right.

I hear what you're saying but I don't see it that way. I think he has become as emotionally attached to this case as, well, us, and is going to see it to the end.

Funny he waited until after the A's were on the Today Show before resigning. He could have done this when the motion was first released. jmo

A closed-door meeting in Judge Belvin Perry’s office followed Brad Conway’s announcement that he would no longer represent George and Cindy Anthony, WESH-Ch. 2 reported at noon today.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/category/jose-baez/

The article says Baez said he did not have time to talk to the reporters. He would not miss an opportunity to repeat to reporters that Brad sat in his office and Andrea is a witness to this alleged quid pro qou*, the docs for the waiver. If he didn't...he is in ut oh mode. No question. MOO

I am hoping that the judge gave them marching orders , a gag order would be divine.

*Quid pro quo (From the Latin meaning "something for something") indicates a more-or-less equal exchange or substitution of goods or services. ...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/08/casey-anthony-what-will-brad-conways-departure-mean.html

Casey Anthony’s defense, the prosecution and EquuSearch attorneys met in Perry’s office about a half-hour after Conway’s “Today” appearance, WESH’s Bob Kealing reported.

“We still have no idea what happened in that closed-door session,” Kealing said. But Jose Baez, Casey Anthony’s attorney, said he didn’t have time to respond to Conway’s resignation, Kealing reported.

What will Conway’s departure mean to the case? “Probably not much,” WKMG-Ch. 6’s Tony Pipitone said. “This is really a sideshow … It’s a dispute between attorneys that has claimed another attorney.”

The article says Baez said he did not have time to talk to the reporters. He would not miss an opportunity to repeat to reporters that Brad sat in his office and Andrea is a witness to this that it was quid pro qou*, the docs for the waiver. If he didn't...he is in ut oh mode. No question. MOO

*Quid pro quo (From the Latin meaning "something for something") indicates a more-or-less equal exchange or substitution of goods or services. ...

would have loved to seen his face when he got the call to the meeting ---- HHJP doesn't appear the kind of person to mess with---especially in trying legal cases of law----he has got to be fed up with the bickering that has been going on......he wants the trial to stay the course and jb keeps trying to get it to sway......

Maybe he has been thinking over how best to approach this , how best to resign, the possible legal ramifications to him and he wanted to publically clear himself and this was how he decided to achieve that and Today was the first open time slot on national news for him to do that.

I don't think he should be put on the "bad guy" list because of his possible bad timing.

Maybe he has been thinking over how best to approach this , how best to resign, the possible legal ramifications to him and he wanted to publically clear himself and this was how he decided to achieve that and Today was the first open time slot on national news for him to do that.

I don't think he should be put on the "bad guy" list because of his possible bad timing.

He's not on my "bad guy" list at all.

He's on my "One more attorney seeking fame and fortune by sticking his face on TV" list.

Just Another Manic Monday...

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

...In Anthony Land

Wonder why HHJP didn't request/wait for Brad C to also attend?:waitasec:

Again, I don't see that. His clients were in the public eye via the news. His clients felt that they had been vilified by the media so how else to change opinions than thru the media.

IMO public opinion has vilified him because of his association with the Anthony's. Now he has been linked to false information in a motion filed by Baez. Maybe, just maybe, he truly wants to clear his name.

Wonder why HHJP didn't request/wait for Brad C to also attend?:waitasec:

Because he isn't part of the State vs Casey Anthony - he doesn't represent the accused and is a sidebar to any of the proceedings. In other words, his only role may be as a witness. Just because he inserts himself into this case as the attorney of ICA's parents, he doesn't have a legal role in the case.

Again, I don't see that. His clients were in the public eye via the news. His clients felt that they had been vilified by the media so how else to change opinions than thru the media.

IMO public opinion has vilified him because of his association with the Anthony's. Now he has been linked to false information in a motion filed by Baez. Maybe, just maybe, he truly wants to clear his name.

But he said in his statement he will continue to support the Anthony's, will attend any hearings and the trial. Doesn't sound like disassociation to me!

Because he isn't part of the State vs Casey Anthony - he doesn't represent the accused and is a sidebar to any of the proceedings. In other words, his only role may be as a witness. Just because he inserts himself into this case as the attorney of ICA's parents, he doesn't have a legal role in the case.

Thank you kindly for explaining that, logicalgirl. There are so many acts in this circus it is difficult to keep track of who has center ring on any given day.

But he said in his statement he will continue to support the Anthony's, will attend any hearings and the trial. Doesn't sound like disassociation to me!

IMO He is as emotionally attached to this case as we are - more so because he actually knows these people.

BC at least lent the A's a hint of respectability..the quiet gentlemanly demeanor, the wheelchair..he elevated their image a titch. It seemed very much a sham relationship, however, because BC was not forceful and couldn't make CA understand that this case is not about HER and she is not the authority. BC could not get her to shut up and he was nearly as meek and impotent as GA in his relationship with CA. Why is it no one can get CA to put a cork in it?? CA loves being in control---Brad helped to sometimes "buffer" her from others. It will be most interesting to see how the A's handle themselves from here on out. We have a 50-50 change for some excellent upcoming theatrics.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back