2010.08.16 Misty Croslin Scheduled For Hearing On Drug Charges

Vinelink is showing her out of custody.

Offender Name: MISTY JANETTE CUMMINGS
Offender ID: SJSO10MNI002273 Date of Birth: 12/09/1991 Age: 18 Custody Status: Out of Custody Reason: Unknown Date: 08/16/2010 Race: White Gender: Female
:waitasec::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::waitasec: Say what?

:waitasec::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::waitasec: Say what?

lol, it shows the inmate out of custody of the jail they are being held at when they have a court appearance, Misty did not walk out of jail today a free woman!

lol, it shows the inmate out of custody of the jail they are being held at when they have a court appearance, Misty did not walk out of jail today a free woman!

Okay, me taking it too literal again! If she is with guards, is she not still in custody? LOL
Thank you, pass the coffee and the brain cells please!

Doesn't Misty still have to deal with St John's county?

(SNIPPED) http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=163192&catid=3

She is due in St. Johns County court Tuesday to face a similar charge, and there's a potential rub.

Under Florida law, youthful offender status can only be granted one time, so if Croslin is sentenced in Putnam County as a youthful offender, she cannot be given the same treatment in St. Johns County.

The drug trafficking charge against her there carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years if she is convicted.

I though trafficking charges rendered her inelligible for youthful offender? Isn't that what we learned through Hope's sentencing?

Well with all these pleas' and deals and yada yada yada...we still have not seen ANY movement with Haleigh so I am guessing they are ratting out other drug dealers and such. Looks like they are all going to just go away quietly......I don't think that's enough.

Are these court pictures from this morning...Misty's hair looks shorter

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=163192&catid=3

Wow, it really helps the client when their attorney tells the judge that there is a "landslide" of evidence against their client, ie., resulting in the client's plea.

"Her attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge this morning that a "landslide of evidence" against Croslin, including video of her with the drugs and several undercover officers as witnesses in the case, led to the no contest plea."

Well with all these pleas' and deals and yada yada yada...we still have not seen ANY movement with Haleigh so I am guessing they are ratting out other drug dealers and such. Looks like they are all going to just go away quietly......I don't think that's enough.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I wonder if Misty really thinks she'll only get six years, hopefully her attorney has been more honest with her. Maybe she has had time to come to terms with her probable sentence of 25 years. I doubt she will walk away with less than that.

I can only wonder if there are people in both the mens prison and womens prison waiting for these people to get there so "they" can find out what the truth is..It sure would help with their own crimes, or should I say get their time shortened..Some have speculated they we might find the "truth" after these druggies get to the "big house'...wHAt does anyone else think along these lines, please...TIA

Wow, it really helps the client when their attorney tells the judge that there is a "landslide" of evidence against their client, ie., resulting in the client's plea.

"Her attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge this morning that a "landslide of evidence" against Croslin, including video of her with the drugs and several undercover officers as witnesses in the case, led to the no contest plea."
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. It's unbelievable what some of these defense attorney's are saying, they couldn't help the state more if they tried. Knowing what sentences have already been handed down, what are they thinking ?

I know! I mean granted we are only seeing bits of it but from here it looks like all the lawyers have basically said "Here take em'", I don't get it.

Fields also said he will need about three hours to present his case at the sentencing hearing, where he will introduce more evidence and witnesses.

Now I want to see his defense. He's be awfully quiet and maybe he has the upper hand in all of this? :waitasec: And I still wonder about the mystery witness. :crazy: Could he be calling Ron to the stand and intimate that Ron got Misty addicted? Use Ron as the catalyst for Misty's situation? I am losing it I fear. :crazy:

I need more :coffee:

I can only wonder if there are people in both the mens prison and womens prison waiting for these people to get there so "they" can find out what the truth is..It sure would help with their own crimes, or should I say get their time shortened..Some have speculated they we might find the "truth" after these druggies get to the "big house'...wHAt does anyone else think along these lines, please...TIA

Never believe a jailhouse snitch.
That's MOO.

One of the comments said that Misty as well as the others will be placed in protective custody in the big house for a long time.....Does anyone, (Whisper) know if this is true...I was hoping someone in prison would get the truth out of Misty or TC or RC about where Haleigh is located and what happened to her....I feel this is going to be the only way we might find out what the truth is....Otherwise I doubt I live long enough to know what happened to poor little Haleigh.

I wonder if Misty really thinks she'll only get six years, hopefully her attorney has been more honest with her. Maybe she has had time to come to terms with her probable sentence of 25 years. I doubt she will walk away with less than that.

She cannot get less than 25 years in St. Johns unless her one charge there is dismissed or reduced. If she pleads on that charge as it is, it carries a 25-year minimum.

As for the other charges, they are all in Putnam County and that is where Fields hopes to have her sentenced as Youthful Offender. If that is granted by the court, she could be sentenced to something lower than the mandatory minimums in Putnam. Maybe even considerably lower.

Hope was not considered for Youthful Offender because she had a prior charge pending at the time she was arrested for trafficking. If she had not had that charge against her she might have been considered for Youthful Offender. Misty is eligible for Youthful Offender status in either Putnam County or St. Johns County. If it is granted in one of the counties, she would then not be eligible for it in the other county. So unless her St. Johns charge is reduced or dismissed she will likely be sentenced to 25 years on that charge.

What I am not sure of is whether the 25 years and the 6 years could be concurrent. I am betting they can, which would leave Misty having to serve at least 85% of 25 years minus time already served if she is convicted in St. Johns.

And yes, taffickers are eligible to be considered for Youthful Offender status in Florida but they can be considered for it only one time. I could not find any information on whether the number of charges Misty faces in Putnam would make her ineligible. Fields is asking for it, but it is not a given.

Fields also said he will need about three hours to present his case at the sentencing hearing, where he will introduce more evidence and witnesses.

Now I want to see his defense. He's be awfully quiet and maybe he has the upper hand in all of this? :waitasec: And I still wonder about the mystery witness. :crazy: Could he be calling Ron to the stand and intimate that Ron got Misty addicted? Use Ron as the catalyst for Misty's situation? I am losing it I fear. :crazy:

I need more :coffee:
You are not loosing it HH. I hope that someone will testify to Ron's involvement in Misty's addiction and problems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back