2010.08.16 Misty Croslin Scheduled For Hearing On Drug Charges

anyone know if TN and AS were there today? I have not seen it reported yet.....any WS members go today?? Thanks

She cannot get less than 25 years in St. Johns unless her one charge there is dismissed or reduced. If she pleads on that charge as it is, it carries a 25-year minimum.

As for the other charges, they are all in Putnam County and that is where Fields hopes to have her sentenced as Youthful Offender. If that is granted by the court, she could be sentenced to something lower than the mandatory minimums in Putnam. Maybe even considerably lower.

Hope was not considered for Youthful Offender because she had a prior charge pending at the time she was arrested for trafficking. If she had not had that charge against her she might have been considered for Youthful Offender. Misty is eligible for Youthful Offender status in either Putnam County or St. Johns County. If it is granted in one of the counties, she would then not be eligible for it in the other county. So unless her St. Johns charge is reduced or dismissed she will likely be sentenced to 25 years on that charge.

What I am not sure of is whether the 25 years and the 6 years could be concurrent. I am betting they can, which would leave Misty having to serve at least 85% of 25 years minus time already served if she is convicted in St. Johns.

And yes, taffickers are eligible to be considered for Youthful Offender status in Florida but they can be considered for it only one time. I could not find any information on whether the number of charges Misty faces in Putnam would make her ineligible. Fields is asking for it, but it is not a given.

BBM

IF...and this is a big 'if', Misty is going to give up any information in HaLeigh's case, IMO, the St Johns drug case is where she will do it. Although going for YO in Putnam is not a given, it makes more sense to do that in Putnam and then make a plea in St. Johns.

I don't hold out a lot (any) of hope that this is what will transpire...just a thought. :banghead:

I'm no attorney, but damn if I can see a justifiable reason for ANY attorney to say this to a judge PRIOR to the sentencing of his client:

Her attorney, Robert Fields, told the judge this morning that a "landslide of evidence" against Croslin, including video of her with the drugs and several undercover officers as witnesses in the case, led to the no contest plea.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=163192&catid=3

What happened to this?

Robert Fields, said recently that a plea deal was not being considered. "We're not in the business of giving up,"

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-06-04/misty-croslin-gets-deal-deadline

I've been around a long time and have never seen anything like the legal representation, or lack thereof, for the first three defendants in this drug case.

You are not loosing it HH. I hope that someone will testify to Ron's involvement in Misty's addiction and problems.

This scenario makes more sense as to Ron testifying. It would be FOR Misty, not against her therefore rendering her "silent" on Haleigh's case from now to infinity. Got it!

All we can do is hope the judge and jury sees right through it.

I'm no attorney, but damn if I can see a justifiable reason for ANY attorney to say this to a judge PRIOR to the sentencing of his client:

What happened to this?

I've been around a long time and have never seen anything like the legal representation, or lack thereof, for the first three defendants in this drug case.

It makes NO sense at all Papa.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/7920848.php

By TJH: Posted 11 AM Today

Ronald Cummings, Hope Sykes and Hank Croslin Jr. have already pleaded no contest to charges.

That's incorrect info. RC has not pleaded Nolo; he is expected to, but has not officially done so yet.

Also, the article doesn't even mention Donna's plea. Donna, Hope, Tommy, and now Misty have pleaded No Contest. But Ron had not pleaded Nolo yet unless he did so in secrecy and it is not part of his docket info (doubtful).

What happened to this?

Papa, these are people that are from areas not very well known nor are their names. This is an opportunity for the attorney to take advantage of their famous "15 minutes of fame" and that is all. It has very little to do with their client. The way I see it, it's another means of injustice to Haleigh.

What happened to this?

Isnt this the standard operating procedure for state sponsered attorneys...Really, all my life I have seen the "bad guys" get off with heavily paid defense lawyers...Never seen much get off without paying bookoos of money for their defense...That is why they get the big bucks, so Ive heard....But really, what else could he have said,,,the state did have a "landslide" of evidence. Just saying, Papa, I always enjoy your post..:angel:

Gosh I hate this. I'm here for Haleigh on Misty's plea date. It's hard even looking at the pictures for some reason.

I guess I want more for Haleigh than this substitute justice. I want truth for her. I want clarity and the peace that comes with truth and justice for all who love her.

This just all feels so...dirty or lazy or something. *sigh*

It's going to be hard for me to accept less than that for our little girl.

Where's Haleigh? Don't they care?

Isnt this the standard operating procedure for state sponsered attorneys...Really, all my life I have seen the "bad guys" get off with heavily paid defense lawyers...Never seen much get off without paying bookoos of money for their defense...That is why they get the big bucks, so Ive heard....But really, what else could he have said,,,the state did have a "landslide" of evidence. Just saying, Papa, I always enjoy your post..:angel:

I'm thinking he should have said nothing at all about the state's evidence, but I am no defense attorney.

THUD! I can't seem to pick myself up off the floor!

She cannot get less than 25 years in St. Johns unless her one charge there is dismissed or reduced. If she pleads on that charge as it is, it carries a 25-year minimum.

As for the other charges, they are all in Putnam County and that is where Fields hopes to have her sentenced as Youthful Offender. If that is granted by the court, she could be sentenced to something lower than the mandatory minimums in Putnam. Maybe even considerably lower.

Hope was not considered for Youthful Offender because she had a prior charge pending at the time she was arrested for trafficking. If she had not had that charge against her she might have been considered for Youthful Offender. Misty is eligible for Youthful Offender status in either Putnam County or St. Johns County. If it is granted in one of the counties, she would then not be eligible for it in the other county. So unless her St. Johns charge is reduced or dismissed she will likely be sentenced to 25 years on that charge.

What I am not sure of is whether the 25 years and the 6 years could be concurrent. I am betting they can, which would leave Misty having to serve at least 85% of 25 years minus time already served if she is convicted in St. Johns.

And yes, taffickers are eligible to be considered for Youthful Offender status in Florida but they can be considered for it only one time. I could not find any information on whether the number of charges Misty faces in Putnam would make her ineligible. Fields is asking for it, but it is not a given.

Obviously and hopefully, Mr. Fields plan of action is to work miracles on the sentencing end of Misty's charges. Three hours for a pre-sentencing hearing is a long time IMO.

Krkrjx, thank you for all of this good information. Would there have been no way to get all of the charges consolidated? I wonder if Mr. Fields plans to take the charge in St. John's County to trial? Wasn't that DB's big charge? It seems like Misty was only along for the ride on that one.

LOL yes, the state did have "a landslide of evidence" but it's unthinkable that a defense attorney would point that out in court.

This statement by Fields has to have been taken out of context, IMO. Something could have been said about the landslide of evidence by the other side, and Fields then repeated the phrase perhaps? If not, then I am once again :waitasec:.

So....who is RC going to testify against now? He is going to help convict who?

O/T: Brad Conway, George and Cindy Anthony's attorney quit. Cites Baez as the reason.

ahh MC cut her hair, IIRC mama said 'don't let them cut your hair"...........sorry mama. did MC ever listen to you??? LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back