2010.08.17 - Croslin says she heard Haleigh Cummings attack

:waitasec: Well this is old news, didn't Misty and Tommy tell this story to LE long time ago? The river was searched and the State even said on Tommy's sentencing date that he "DID NOT GIVE LE ANY CREDITABLE INFORMATION REGARDING THE HALEIGH CASE". That is why he got the book thrown at him IMO. Seems to me that maybe LE is ready to arrest a few people and Fields is starting damage control. JMO I don't buy any of this...it's old news.

Lawyer: Misty Knows Who Took Haleigh
Defense Attorney Says Cousin Took Haleigh In Black Bag

UPDATED: 4:56 pm EDT August 17, 2010

"Snip" http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Misty's attorney, Robert Fields, said she has told investigators what happened in that Putnam County mobile home the February 2009 night that the 5-year-old disappeared.

Fields said Misty told detectives the day after she was arrested on the drug charges in January that Joe Overstreet, and Hank Croslin Jr., came looking for a semi-automatic machine gun. Since the gun wasn't there, Overstreet took Haleigh as a substitute for the gun.

"According to Misty, Joe took Haleigh while Misty was laying in bed and covered herself up with a blanket," "They were there for like seven minutes, appeared to be on drugs and Misty says she saw Joe put Haleigh in a black bag and she heard Haleigh scream."

Putnam County investigators have interviewed Overstreet in Tennessee, where he currently lives. He has never been called a suspect or a person of interest in the Haleigh Cummings case.

"Investigators are still working this case diligently, and we believe we will find out what happened to Haleigh, but it's going to take time," Lt. Johnny Greenwood said Tuesday. "We don't know if the break in Haleigh's disappearance will come from behind bars or from the public."

"Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings," he added.

Tuesday marks the day Haleigh would have turned 7 years old. Her family planned a balloon release for Tuesday afternoon.

Misty faced drug trafficking charges in two counties.
She faces up to 25 years in prison in SJC charge, in addition to up to 200 years on the 7 counts in Putnam County.

Misty Croslin: Haleigh Cummings Was Attacked

Croslin: Haleigh Was Taken By Family Member Looking For Gun

UPATED: 5:39 pm EDT August 17, 2010

"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/news/24660020/detail.html

Fla. -- Misty Croslin has reportedly told investigators she heard Haleigh being attacked before she vanished.

Misty Croslin's attorney Robert Fields said Tuesday that she told investigators the attack came after a cousin came to the Satsuma mobile home looking for a gun belonging to Ronald Cummings.

Fields said "Haleigh was a substitute" for the missing gun.

PCSO said, "any information obtained in this case is not to be released" and that the "investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information."

PCSO has questioned Misty Croslin's credibility.

Crystal Sheffield, said on Tuesday she believes Croslin is the key to the investigation.

"I want her to look me in my eyes and see the hurt because I don't have my baby," Sheffield said. "She could have done something."

Haleigh would have turned 7 on Tuesday.

they have reported several times on the evening news. I just don't understand. Tommy was blamed, then Joe, then back to Tommy and Joe, now Tommy has placed himself at the dock and at the trailer and now Misty says it was Joe. What about Tommy? Nothing fits her, nothing is adding up. Today is her birthday and I have to say I said a tearful prayer for her mom and family. I feel so bad for her.

Croslin says she heard Haleigh Cummings attack

The Associated Press
Updated: 2:03 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2010
Posted: 12:24 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2010

Croslin told investigators she saw her cousin Joe Overstreet put the screaming child in a black bag, and she heard a van door open and close outside.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/st...ck-864037.html

just posting for what it's worth

posted on the other thread, just re posting

on my local fox channel there was an interview with Crystal

I'll try to find and post

They may not post the story for awhile, a few hrs. sometimes I will be zzzzzzzzz get up very early.

Here is the link to the channel I saw the interview with Crystal.

www.myfoxtampabay.com

I wonder why her lawyer would say this to the media?

Exactly, why would he? PCSO said, "any information obtained in this case is not to be released" and that the "investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information."PCSO has questioned Misty Croslin's credibility.
So, I highly doubt that Fields would go against PCSO wishes and release any creditable information regarding Haleigh's case. IMO, this is just damage control for what's to come...I pray some arrest are in the air and IMO Ron will be one of the POI. But that is JMO...

Misty Croslin: Haleigh Cummings Was Attacked

Croslin: Haleigh Was Taken By Family Member Looking For Gun

UPATED: 5:39 pm EDT August 17, 2010

"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/news/24660020/detail.html

MADJGNLAW, just wanted to sneak this in here. I know your not the only one who dedicates so much emotion and time in to finding Haleigh but honest to Pete you keep this forum active everyday with new threads and info. I wanted to personally thank you for that!!!

So THANK YOU!!!!

This all has such an orchestrated, manipulative feel, & I don't appreciate LE's tactics. Haleigh's birthday, clearing Ronald, Misty back in the spotlight. If LE knows that Misty killed Haleigh, then get her for that...but all of this obvious manipulation to sway the public & the judge, just leaves me feeling dirty. Locking Misty up on drug charges, & then throwing away the key, is not justice. Don't just save the suspect label, for her BIG DAY, (like they did Tommy), Say it now, & show some proof.

This is the media release from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office:

Date: August 17, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for an official comment regarding a statement made earlier today by Attorney Robert Fields. For those outlets not aware, Attorney Fields is legal counsel for Misty Croslin.

Attorney Fields made a statement to media outlets that after Misty Croslin’s arrest, she informed investigators what happened the night Haleigh Cummings went missing, and what happened to Haleigh Cummings.

Since the onset of this investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been asked to comment on information obtained during the investigation. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has always taken the firm stance that any information obtained in this case is not to be released, and any investigative strategies will not be discussed. The Haleigh Cummings investigation is far too important to be jeopardized by releasing this type of sensitive information.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office will not be participating in any formal interviews or providing statements regarding this morning’s events at this time. The main concern of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is finding Haleigh Cummings and returning her home to her family.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

TJ Hart
Director of News and Programming
News/Talk 97.3 The SKY WSKY HD1

In other words, no comment. :banghead:

This article give a bit more details of Misty's account for what happen the night Haleigh vanished.

Misty Croslin attorney: She heard Haleigh Cummings being attacked before she vanished
Posted: August 17, 2010 http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...she-heard-haleigh-cummings-being-attacked-she
"Snip" By Dana Treen
ST. AUGUSTINE — Misty Croslin cowered beneath a sheet and heard the screams of Haleigh Cummings being attacked the night the 5-year-old disappeared, Croslin's attorney said this morning.

Misty said she heard the attack then heard a van door outside open and close.

The five- to six-minute attack happened after Joe Overstreet came to the mobile home looking for Ronald's machine gun.

The gun wasn't there, "Haleigh was a substitute,".

Croslin hid beneath the sheet holding 3-year-old Cummings Jr.

At one point, Misty saw Overstreet either covering Haleigh with something or putting her in a black bag, Fields said.

Fields said it is not clear if Croslin Jr. was at the mobile home when Haleigh was attacked. He had been there earlier in the night.

Croslin Jr. has said he was at the mobile home that night. He and his sister are telling investigators similar stories, Fields said.

Croslin Jr. has said he delayed telling his part of the story because he feared for the welfare of his family.

Investigators questioned Overstreet that February and again this year, he has never been charged or named a suspect.

Today, Shawn Sirgo, his attorney in Tennessee, said Overstreet was nowhere near the mobile home and was with another relative when they learned Haleigh was gone.

Today marks Haleigh's seventh birthday. A balloon release @ 2 p.m. at Memorial Bridge in Palatka.

This all has such an orchestrated, manipulative feel, & I don't appreciate LE's tactics. Haleigh's birthday, clearing Ronald, Misty back in the spotlight. If LE knows that Misty killed Haleigh, then get her for that...but all of this obvious manipulation to sway the public & the judge, just leaves me feeling dirty. Locking Misty up on drug charges, & then throwing away the key, is not justice. Don't just save the suspect label, for her BIG DAY, (like they did Tommy), Say it now, & show some proof.

Also, LisaC released today.

Boy do I so agree with you.I can only be grateful that Haleigh is still in the news unlike so many other cases.

Hmmmmmmmm...so Joe has an alibi, any guesses on who it is? My guess is Timmy.
Did they sneak out to go to a bar after Chelsea went to bed and damaged the van driving home under the influence? Maybe I am wrong about suspecting Timmy being involved.
But then again, the info. came from Joe's lawyer and defense lawyers always do damage control and Sirgo did not mention this information in April when all eyes were on Joe.

IIRC.. A LDT revealed Misty was not afraid of Jo, however it did reveal she was afraid of someone...I suspect that someone is Ronald Cumings or someone in his family...JMO

Did Misty sincerely have a LDT that proved she was not afraid of Joe Overstreet? Could you link me to those results because the test results I researched revealed nothing like that. TIA

I don't know that I believe that Joe O killed Haleigh. I have my doubts about that now after these many months, my innermost thinking is that Misty and Tommy could be responsible for Haleigh's death and called in her brother Timmy for help. Joe might have been along for the ride ....who knows, I think LE knows and patience is a virtue.

Whats so sad and funny, is that, ok, she hid, Joe left and took Haleigh. So then, why was the back door bricked open and Ron insisted it had to have been bump locked or whatever he imagined?

Whats so sad and funny, is that, ok, she hid, Joe left and took Haleigh. So then, why was the back door bricked open and Ron insisted it had to have been bump locked or whatever he imagined?

MC claiming she heard the house door opening and closing several times. Perhaps, she bricked back door later:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=163441&catid=3

Fields said that Overstreet then headed for Haleigh, while Croslin and Ronald Jr. hid under a sheet on a bed. They were able to hear Haleigh screaming, struggling and crying, he said.

Croslin told detectives Haleigh became quiet and she saw Overstreet put her in a bag, Fields said.

As she again hid under the covers, she said she heard the house door open and close several times,
then the sliding door on a van open and close.

Fields said Croslin remained under the covers until the van drove off.

Croslin told police her brother Tommy did nothing to Haleigh, and that everyone in the family is scared of Overstreet.

You would think that if JO had hurt and taken Haleigh...he would have also killed the adult witness there who saw it happen.

You would think that Haleigh's little brother would have mentioned "Haleigh was screaming and crying" in the things he said about that night.

I have some major PTSD issues. I have a cousin, like JO... and I disassociate, flashback or panic...just at the sound of his voice. But when I was 16 and the sound of his voice was suddenly accompanied by the screams of a younger cousin... I was unable to hide. I was forced into preventing that child from being hurt and it is amazing the strength and adrenaline you have in that circumstance.

In that situation I would have been convinced JO was going to kill me anyway because I was a witness. So I would have seen no reason to not do everything I could to protect Haleigh first.

I'd love to know whose, if any, DNA was pulled from that cinder block or fibers etc. Ron was unaware they were there, IIRC, so it couldn't be his ;) and I don't think Misty could lift one but I could be wrong about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back