2010.10.08 - Issues w~JVM to Cover the Haleigh case tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ♥ Mark Eiglarsh

Chels: i asked her; she heard i came on show; told her how bad hurt us; hurts yr family, we're t one takin the rap for u; asked her if ron had anything to do w/it--said cant talk over phone; she (M) said she wanted to take another lie detector, but police wont let her

I don't understand her attorney:waitasec: I have no legal training, but it seems to me he didn't really do anything to help her at all. So...if she wants to take a LDT because LE won't listen to her, can't he set one up for her? If what she is telling LE shows to be true on the new LDT, couldn't he use that to help her in court?

If the cops don't believe Misty than she should say it during a phone call so it gets out there. If the cops won't listen, media will!!

My big question is this (hope you all can help me answer it):
Why is TN so sure that Misty will never tell what happened to Haleigh? she is definitely sure.

Levi, what could he possibly have talked about? He would have had to say something more than "I wuz at werk".
As Art Harris reported on Jane's show a while back, he talked about the timeline, his conversations with Misty/Tommy and he talked about his relationship with all the individuals involved.

Anything he said cannot be used against him, but what investigators can do is go out and supplement that information from other sources.

They wanted Ronald to talk, because I believe he is a target in the investigation.

Levi, What was the argument about between Chels and Art Harris this evening?
She would not let AH speak, and I could not follow t convo at all.

Also - JVM's show didn't get to show all the stuff from the sentencing, because we went on the air right after the sentencing. The show was taped this afternoon. Tune into JVM Monday though - we're going to discuss it more.

Levi

As Art Harris reported on Jane's show a while back, he talked about the timeline, his conversations with Misty/Tommy and he talked about his relationship with all the individuals involved.

Anything he said cannot be used against him, but what investigators can do is go out and supplement that information from other sources.

They wanted Ronald to talk, because I believe he is a target in the investigation.

Levi, do you know if he talked about the gun incident that he says didn't happen but everyone else says did?

Levi, is it possible for an outside source to set up a LDT for Misty if she agrees. I don't understand why her atty didn't do that. If she is ready to tell the truth and LE won't listen, would LE have a good reason to not listen to her at this time, in your opinion. I agree that LE has some kind of plan, and I don't believe they are covering for Rc at all. Thanks,
btw great show. way to go!

Go Levi!!! Tell it! (but, I don't agree with you about LE)

Hi Amster. I'm on the fence about LE! I guess I am in denial that they could be covering for RC. I really don't want that to be true. Then on the other hand, so many things piling up that appear that way. :banghead: I just don't know.

Misty's rapist got 8 years,Ronald got 15 for 5 counts and she got 25 for 1 count? there's something horribly wrong with this picture.

Whatever happened to Misty at that age was horrible, but I do have to say this story has morphed considerably. This was not a stranger rape in the woods, this was an older boy (17 at the time he was charged) that was 12/13 year old Misty's "boyfriend", known to the parents of the year here and charges were pursued when he assaulted her.

That is the original version, and is in some of the early documents that were found regarding JM who is still in jail.

Oh man, I have to admit that I LOVED seeing Chelsea tearing AH a new one!!
She's not so 'dumb' after all, Art! (I know he's not on record saying she was, but I'm sure that's what he thinks. imo, moo, etc.) Moving on, I'd say that this case is a perfect example of just how flawed our American system of "justice" has become.... "Justice is blind," my azz... Misty did not deserve to get 25 years for her "drug" case, especially when it's abundantly clear that she is being punished for not coming forth w/what she knows about Haleigh. Perhaps that is "all well and good" for some people, but I was raised- and educated- to believe that one case could not 'overlap' into another, that that was somehow unconstitutional.
And oh, Ronald gets less time because he was savvy enough to get 'lawyered up'- screw Misty. In fact, I think 'screw Misty' is how her entire life has been so far. Do I think she knows more than she's telling? Yes. Do I think she's smart enough to play the system like Ronald- God, no. Do I think she knows exactly what happened? NO. And I'm not saying she shouldn't be held accountable at all- but 25 YEARS (for starters)- is ridiculous! People have been found 100% guilty of rape and murder (confessed!) and received less time. You get the amount of 'justice' that you can buy, oftentimes, in the good old US of A.

Since Ron was arrested, he has shown at least some remorse (and I'll try to find the link where he is saying he did the crime and he will do the time), and he is co-operating with police. Because of that, he was able to get his 2 worst charges dropped. That's the difference.

As far as Misty's rapist, IMO, 80 years wouldn't be enough, and I don't understand why sexual crimes against women and children are treated so lightly.
if Ron admitting to his crime is remorse, then they've all showed remorse, because everyone of them pled guilty. But as for him cooperating with police, I'm trying real hard to believe that, but where are the results. still no arrests, no trials, & it's looking like drug justice=Haleigh justice. If this doesn't go to trial, I think LE owes the public an explanation. because when people are arrested for so many crimes against society, that makes it our business, & when LE doesn't follow through, we have a right to know why.

My big question is this (hope you all can help me answer it):
Why is TN so sure that Misty will never tell what happened to Haleigh? she is definitely sure.

Hi Nonni....

Yes...I agree....TN seems absolutely sure of it....She seems positive as she says it...absolutely...sure Misty will not tell..

Why????....I am guessing...Misty believes THREATS OF REVENGE....what else would make sense????

TN and GMMS has already at Tommy's hearing...given Misty a warning...a reminder....finger pointing (like a gun) and aiming .. then.. (gunshots sounds) then the comment..you are done.....to Misty's family...(blowing their brains out) (killing them...their kids...)

Ron had cut the head off a rat..perhaps in her presence...and put it in Misty's family mailbox...as a threat...perhaps to show Misty he can easily take the life of a little animal...

To willingly remove the head of the rat ...to hack it/chop it off..(sorry) then stuff its body into her family's mailbox...That would in itself...give me nightmares..

It seems the Cummings family...are big on threats...to others...and can carry them out with no conscious...

IMO they enjoy threating...and it has probably worked for them..and perhaps it is working NOW...

TRULY SCARY FAMILY....

What else could it be.??....IMO Misty is very easy intimidated and scared of this family...(We do not know what they have told her they WOULD do..)

I would be TERRIFIED of ALL of them......moo

Whatever happened to Misty at that age was horrible, but I do have to say this story has morphed considerably. This was not a stranger rape in the woods, this was an older boy (17 at the time he was charged) that was 12/13 year old Misty's "boyfriend", known to the parents of the year here and charges were pursued when he assaulted her.

That is the original version, and is in some of the early documents that were found regarding JM who is still in jail.
rape is rape, I don't care how much the story has morphed. & just because her parents knew him, doesn't make it ok for him to have been with her. The next time I see CPS or some judge, bending over backwards to keep children with their sorry excuse for parents, I'm gonna think about this case. Misty should've been taken away at birth, & Haleigh shouldn't have been with Ron. MOO, but if CPS & the courts had done their jobs earlier, none of this would be going on. But, I'm sure they feel totally blameless, just like Misty's parents never faced neglect charges, & Ron hasn't faced neglect, or endangerment charges. He left his children in Misty's care! Nobody's ever to blame until there's a death, & then the whole shabang is pinned on the murderer. But, in this case, I guess it's a toss up between Tommy & Misty, so LE's sticking it to both of them.

Hi Nonni....

Yes...I agree....TN seems absolutely sure of it....She seems positive as she says it...absolutely...sure Misty will not tell..

Why????....I am guessing...Misty believes THREATS OF REVENGE....what else would make sense????

TN and GMMS has already at Tommy's hearing...given Misty a warning...a reminder....finger pointing (like a gun) and aiming .. then.. (gunshots sounds) then the comment..you are done.....to Misty's family...(blowing their brains out) (killing them...their kids...)

Ron had cut the head off a rat..perhaps in her presence...and put it in Misty's family mailbox...as a threat...perhaps to show Misty he can easily take the life of a little animal...

To willingly remove the head of the rat ...to hack it/chop it off..(sorry) then stuff its body into her family's mailbox...That would in itself...give me nightmares..

It seems the Cummings family...are big on threats...to others...and can carry them out with no conscious...

IMO they enjoy threating...and it has probably worked for them..and perhaps it is working NOW...

TRULY SCARY FAMILY....

What else could it be.??....IMO Misty is very easy intimidated and scared of this family...(We do not know what they have told her they WOULD do..)

maybe they know Misty was so stoned that she cant remember anything after GGMS left....anything is possible, did LE test her for drugs that night or morning, did they check Jr either? so many questions , who knows

I also think Art H acted like a journalistic bully, a mr know it all who's only interest is his own

Hi Nonni....

TRULY SCARY FAMILY....

With people who intimidate and threaten people into frightened submission you have to deal with them in a way that they will understand. Misty is a young, submissive, follower. She doesn't have what it would take to stand up against them. TN is probably right. They (the Cummings' family have her right where they want her).

I'm just numb.... 25 years for one count, in SJC... wait till she gets to PC where they know her! She'll get 240 years!

Oh man, I have to admit that I LOVED seeing Chelsea tearing AH a new one!!
She's not so 'dumb' after all, Art! (I know he's not on record saying she was, but I'm sure that's what he thinks. imo, moo, etc.) Moving on, I'd say that this case is a perfect example of just how flawed our American system of "justice" has become.... "Justice is blind," my azz... Misty did not deserve to get 25 years for her "drug" case, especially when it's abundantly clear that she is being punished for not coming forth w/what she knows about Haleigh. Perhaps that is "all well and good" for some people, but I was raised- and educated- to believe that one case could not 'overlap' into another, that that was somehow unconstitutional.
And oh, Ronald gets less time because he was savvy enough to get 'lawyered up'- screw Misty. In fact, I think 'screw Misty' is how her entire life has been so far. Do I think she knows more than she's telling? Yes. Do I think she's smart enough to play the system like Ronald- God, no. Do I think she knows exactly what happened? NO. And I'm not saying she shouldn't be held accountable at all- but 25 YEARS (for starters)- is ridiculous! People have been found 100% guilty of rape and murder (confessed!) and received less time. You get the amount of 'justice' that you can buy, oftentimes, in the good old US of A.

OMG, I started to post close to this post earlier, then I hit "delete" cuz I figured it was merely just MOO.
INJUSTICE to the max! I am saddened by this disgrace of justice that we all witnessed today.
just was wondering ... is the judge cruel or being helpful? Is she making it easier for misty to win an appeal? can misty even appeal? (have heard yes and no today, so it is unclear to me if she can appeal) Does the judge know that Misty will get the special program in Putnam County and want to ensure she is locked up for a long time, IDK?
BTW: almost all first time sex offenders only get deferred adjudication ... my point, this is Misty's first conviction. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona