2010.10.27 - Will JB Get the Money?

Will JB get approval for additional hours of investigative services?

• JB will get his 300 hours.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • JB will get some additional hours, but not the 300.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • JB will have to submit to an entire review before getting more.

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • JB will not get any additional hours.

Votes: 20 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope Judge Perry tosses him a quarter and tells him to call someone who can help him understand the law. :furious:

I think that Mr Baez is going to get most of the money he asks for. Maybe not the $150./night hotel rooms (LOL) but most everything else. The threat of appeal hangs over any DP trial so the defense has a hugh stick to wave at the courts. As HHJP has stated 'Death is different' MOO!

You know that line of "appeal" is really starting to annoy me...It will go to automatic appeal if she gets death penality---However, she would be in the big house for a bit...

I am so tired of the defense complaining about what all the SA have vs. them....at least with the SA it appears they DO HAVE A WORK PRODUCT and know the case---whereas jb?/& crew---neeed clif notes along with color charts---LDB is prepared for status hearngs----jb?????????

I have been amazed at how ill prepared jb is---along with cm--neither seem to know anything except how to blame the evil SA---If I hear one more time the line that they can't prove homicide due to no cause of death....:sick:--

However, looking forward to hearing today!!!!:dance: And hoping HHJP doesn't dissapoint:angel::Justice::praying:

If the Judge is going to continue to give the defense the money they keep asking for, time after time, why bother setting caps in the first place? The defendant has the right to fair trial.... but as the JAC said, that right is not "unfettered." There has to be an end somewhere. ALL defendants are entitled to the same due process. Death may be different.. but Casey Anthony is NOT special. She's just your average run-of-the-mill murderer who is letting the State pay for her defense. She is due the same fair defense every other indigent defendant receives.

JMO

ITA Snaz, KC is not special, but the media is all over this case. And Mr Baez is very familiar with using that media.

'It is not enough to have justice–it must be perceived to be done.'

The public must know that KC had every advantage during this trial. It cannot be said afterward that KC was convicted because she was poor.

I think it's very unfortunate for the taxpayers (who are footing the bill) that KC's lawyers feel their piggy bank is bottomless. Why should she receive a larger defense fund than anyone else currently awaiting trial? Beyond belief!

ITA! I also find the defense excuse that the state has unlimited funds for prosecuting their felon, obnoxious.
:banghead: Going to my happy place now to meditate on the concept that all accused baby killers should be treated equally. Serenity now. SERENITY NOW. Now breathe....................................ahhh. That's the ticket :)

Still boggles my little mind how much "pro-bono" costs!!!!!!!! that bill for Henry Lee....WOWSIE!!!! Guess that crate of oranges really must of been tastey......:furious:

the defense bothers me so much complaining about how much the SA have vs. them.....the playing field is fairly even...they are looking for truth whereas the defense are looking for ways out of the truth...I'd pay more for the truth than lies--I still want to know what story will come about Zanny--

They gave him a crate of naval oranges and he wants blood oranges. I hope they tell Dr Lee to take his invoice and stick it.

Am I the only one who heard HHJP say in a previous hearing that $150/night was reasonable?

I am sorry I do not have a link in hand. :slap:

IIRC, he had said that while nobody needs to stay at the <insert 4-star chain here>, it is certainly reasonable that a moderate room would be around $150. Anybody else remember something about HHJP discussing room rates?

I voted: JB will get some additional hours, but not the 300.

He'll probably get whatever he's asking for though. Blah. I feel so wrung out with this justice system, and the way Baez & CO are making a mockery of a tiny victim, KC's other victims (Amy, the Grunds) and the justice that is due Caylee. Not all Baez's fault though, he's just working the system in place. I hope this case disgusts enough citizens so that they call for a change, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back