2010.11.02 Elisa Baker's Letters (Discussion)

There is an interesting picture of her on this site, she is wearing a T shirt with a huge cross on the front. Unusual for someone who professes to be pagan. Maybe her lawyers are going for the insanity defense..in which case the letters make sense in laying the groundwork for the plea. Third or fourth pic down I think.

http://dedekeene.posterous.com/missing-child-hickorync-zahra-baker-not-seen :waitasec:

Three candle candelabras are often used in Neo-Pagan rituals, particularly for the New Moon. (Usually peaceful rituals, btw.) I suspect that and bad movies would be her inspiration.

The question is, is this woman really stupid enough to pour her heart out to someone that has recently befriended her? I am having a hard time believing this. How unethical is it of a newspaper to do this? Doesn't she have a lawyer to advise her against doing this?

Number 1 thing I notice: TOTAL ABSENCE OF CONCERN FOR ZAHRA!

Number 2 thing I notice: No explanation for what happened to Zahra, the circumstances surrounding the ransom note, the 911 call or any of the evidence!

Number 3 thing I notice: Absence of the concept of reality

Number 4 thing I notice: Narcissistic personality disorder

Number 5 thing I notice: No remorse, sadness, regret, guilt....most people experience these things during trauma in their family(even when they have done absolutely nothing to cause the trauma). This might indicative of a psychopathic disorder.

"Dark Love Always."

That signature says a lot about this ..this, person (being kind here) way more than I wanted to know. Verrry creepy...!! :yow:

The question is, is this woman really stupid enough to pour her heart out to someone that has recently befriended her?

RBBM

Yes. Yes she is.

This is a woman who at the age of 40 met a man online--not through a "match you up" type site but through a fantasy role-playing site. And she went to AU and married him. They came back here, and bad things happened.

I am having a hard time believing this. How unethical is it of a newspaper to do this? Doesn't she have a lawyer to advise her against doing this?

Not unethical for a newspaper, and her lawyer can advise away and she can choose to write to and do whatever.

:banghead:

I need more proof Ynotdivein. It could be her letters but I am not buying it. Are we spelling her name wrong or is she? Elesa or Elisa.

Also some parts of the letters don't make any sense. She wonders why she is on suicide watch yet goes on to say that she doesn't feel like living any more. Not her exact words but words to that effect.

Well, I think it comes down to whether you believe the site or not, since they claim the letters came securely from the prison. I think if the site did in fact get the letters from her in jail, they are actually from her. As to whether the site is being honest... Well, that is for each to decide, I guess.

As to the name issue, that is odd, but who knows? Maybe she thinks "e" is a darker letter than "i."

This poor woman has no idea who she is...her whole persona is a lie that even she can't figure out. Definitely an identity crisis of major proportions since she doesn't know if she's a goth, a vampire, or a fairy.

She brags about a loved one being named "Damien" but complains when people think she is a satan-worshipper. Duh.....the name "Damien" and satan are synonymous. And signing your letters with "Dark love always" doesn't lend itself to visions of little angels with halos and harps....

The question is, is this woman really stupid enough to pour her heart out to someone that has recently befriended her? I am having a hard time believing this. How unethical is it of a newspaper to do this? Doesn't she have a lawyer to advise her against doing this?

The way I read it, she's already trying to hook up with this guy for money. She mentions she can receive money orders from the post office only. :innocent:

And she goes on to say I am 42, been told I don’t look my age.

Yah lady, you look closer to 50!

I don't get it. Did she get an edumacation, or was she a high school drop out. Because, it seems, she's still acting like a high schooler in her letters.

MOO

Mel

Handwriting experts analyzed the letters who said the writings give some interesting insight into Elisa Baker's personality.

"First of all we're seeing an individual who is unreliable," said Thomas Thornburg. He has spent decades analyzing handwriting in a number of well documented court cases, and is closely following developments in the search for Zarha. He said the words that are showing up on several websites as Elisa Baker's demonstrates that she has issues understanding reality.

"She is constantly dealing with issues of anger and temper," he said.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=150073&catid=57

The way I read it, she's already trying to hook up with this guy for money. She mentions she can receive money orders from the post office only. :innocent:

And she goes on to say I am 42, been told I don’t look my age.

Yah lady, you look closer to 50!

I don't get it. Did she get an edumacation, or was she a high school drop out. Because, it seems, she's still acting like a high schooler in her letters.

MOO

Mel

Let's not insult highschool dropouts - I am assuming most of them actually do grow up (such as basically everyone in my family), at least far more than whoever wrote these pink poodle diary letters.

ETA: As a personal aside, I was a Goth myself many, many moons ago, but then when I was about 20 or so, I decided I was now much too old to carry that style without looking sad... Little did I realize that I apparently could have gone with it for another 20 years or more!

fwiw~She has used many different aliases from what we have learned (they are listed around here somewhere, but couldn't put my fingers right on them @ the moment ) with the spelling of her first name spelled the same as in 'the letters'...

I need more proof Ynotdivein. It could be her letters but I am not buying it. Are we spelling her name wrong or is she? Elesa or Elisa.

bbm~

I believe that the correct spelling is Elisa..but I've seen Elesa, Elisha to name a couple..along with a variety of last names as well..

Here is at least a partial list that Violet Foxglove has compiled..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5684990&postcount=216"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8[/ame]

Did anyone see NG tonight?? Reason I am asking, is she stated that there are more letters from EB. And in these letters EB writes that AB had nothing to do with Zahra's death. Did anyone else see/hear that tonight? I would post a link, but I really don't know how to link something I saw on HLN channel.

ETA: EB also wrote that if her kids hadn't called DSS on her, none of this would have happened. Can't wait to read these letters. I hope this isn't considered a rumor because I did see it on TV, even though it was NG!

In an earlier discussion a member of WS (I cannot recall) talked about taking a class in handwriting analysis. She had mentioned that there is often a pause before or after a word like kill that indicates guilt. I find that interesting. IMO there is a distinct pause before and after "kill" in the first letter. Also I notice that the word seems to be bold, almost as is she traced over it.

I wish I could remember who this was......

I remember seeing that post too and can't find it either! But I did find this article from yesterday about analysis of these letters. http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13433475

I thought it might be interesting to read about handwriting analysis that was not influenced by what we already know or believe about EB. This article says:
Should you meet someone with multiple slants within a sentence or even a word, be aware that you are dealing with someone whose mood changes readily. This type of person can be quite versatile and lively, although the wear on their emotional system from pulling back and then jumping forward can make their emotional control a little erratic.
http://www.zimbio.com/Writing+with+...s/articles/20/Slant+Body+Language+Handwriting

I think that does mirror what one analyst said about EB, a bit.

Regarding how she spells her name, I think her I's look like E's. I think she spells her name: "Elisa".
Her writing to me looks like that of a teen-aged girl, assuming these are her letters.

On Wednesday, Deal downplayed the significance of two letters a crime memorabilia website owner claims he received from Elisa Baker in jail.

The letters, which became public on Tuesday and have not been authenticated by police, say Zahra is dead and her husband did something "horrifying" to the girl after she died.

Deal said police decided not to send the letters to a handwriting expert so they could focus on the Caldwell County search.

He previously had said police planned to compare the letters with other samples of Elisa Baker's writing.

"It looks like we made the right choice," Deal said. "There are things more important" than the letters.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/04/1809922/bone-found-in-search-for-zahra.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back