2010.11.02 Elisa Baker's Letters (Discussion)

Did anyone see NG tonight?? Reason I am asking, is she stated that there are more letters from EB. And in these letters EB writes that AB had nothing to do with Zahra's death. Did anyone else see/hear that tonight? I would post a link, but I really don't know how to link something I saw on HLN channel.

ETA: EB also wrote that if her kids hadn't called DSS on her, none of this would have happened. Can't wait to read these letters. I hope this isn't considered a rumor because I did see it on TV, even though it was NG!

I heard that on NG, too, Suthrnqt.

Let's not insult highschool dropouts - I am assuming most of them actually do grow up (such as basically everyone in my family), at least far more than whoever wrote these pink poodle diary letters.

ETA: As a personal aside, I was a Goth myself many, many moons ago, but then when I was about 20 or so, I decided I was now much too old to carry that style without looking sad... Little did I realize that I apparently could have gone with it for another 20 years or more!

Sorry - I didn't mean to offend or insult. It's just so odd to me that her letters read so childish. She could have a college education for all I know.

All the best,

Mel

It seems quite immature, the writing/doodles at the end(considering this woman is 42 yrs. old):

"Goths Rule", "Vampires Rule" and signed "Dark Love Always" then her name.Anyone know any special significance of a 3 candle candelabra and the hanging spider doodles? Just doodles, or does 3 candles mean something special?

It seems like she is trying to gather support from her Gothic world.

I notice the writing style change a few times, it's hard to read the scan, but there are noticeable differences as though she might have wrote 2/3 of a page and then come back to it, but she could have just moved the page or something out of comfort but the slant of writing changes.

At first glance I was trying to see if she had been left or right handed.

Was there ever a scan of the ransom note made public?

From the first letter: If I hadn’t admitted to that stupid note I be out in 3 weeks but no they kept pushing an he did that too

The part where she writes, "an he did that too."

Could this be EB suggesting that AB wrote the ransom note?

Did anyone see NG tonight?? Reason I am asking, is she stated that there are more letters from EB. And in these letters EB writes that AB had nothing to do with Zahra's death. Did anyone else see/hear that tonight? I would post a link, but I really don't know how to link something I saw on HLN channel.

ETA: EB also wrote that if her kids hadn't called DSS on her, none of this would have happened. Can't wait to read these letters. I hope this isn't considered a rumor because I did see it on TV, even though it was NG!

Found NG's transcript from tonite's show...she does say "more letters" :waitasec:

<snip>

First of all, to you, Lauren Lake. Even more letters surfacing, written behind jailhouse walls from stepmommy.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/03/ng.01.html

I don't know if I trust handwriting analysis tells us very much about personality. I don't think there's reliable scientific evidence. I just looked at my notes from yesterday when I was dealing with a client and the slant changes pretty much every time I had put the pen and the paper down in the middle of something. It depends on the orientation and the angle of the paper to me and the table or the writing surface. If I write with the paper on the table it looks different from if I write in my lap, if I write with the paper angled and slightly to the side it looks different than the writing that I do with the paper straight in front of me.

But taking the letters as whole they do give the impression of a pretty immature and erratic person.

Hello my favorite dark person, interesting way to address someone, wonder how the person introduced themselves. Apparently they knew just how to appeal to EB

Hey its me Elesa. I am going crazy in this cell. me me me
I have told the cops everything I know bout whats happened to Zahra. Yeah right.
They arrested Adam but he got right back out how is that? For some reason this reminds me of Terri Horman emailing her friend about how she found out that Kaine could take their daughter and go. I don't know why.
See I told you I have no support. When? I thought this was the first letter.Have they had some other contact? A phone call or something?

I have never been so angry over stuff as I am right now. He knows whats happened to Zahra and yet I'm the one in here at least for now. You'd think if she was innocent and he was guilty she'd be angry that he killed Zahra and heartbroken that Zahra's dead but no, EB's just mad that she's in jail and AB's not. (BTW, note that she doesn't say SHE does NOT know what happened to Zahra...)

I have heard from mail I have gotten that people think is guilty and heartless to and me. Makes me wonder if there hasn't been someone else. Me me me... My stepdaughter has been dismembered and scattered to three winds or something and here I am worrying about whether my husband is cheating on me.

My lawyers have asked me if I wanted to divorce him cause of some stuff thats come out about Zahra. Probably a wise legal move if their defense strategy is to blame AB for everything.

We really didn't kill her Is that a bit like saying "We really didn't kill her, we just beat her to the point she couldn't move and let her starving and thirsty in her room so it's not our fault she died afterwards, it's her own fault for not going to the hospital..." Anyway, why the we? If she claims she doesn't know what happened to Zahra how does she know Adam didn't kill her?

but what he did after the fact
After the fact is convenient shorthand for a gruesome story about a child's death.
is kinda horrifying. If he dismembered his only daughter and put her through a wood chipper or something, why is it only "kinda" horrifying to EB? What should he have done to be horrifying without qualifiers?

Makes me scared of him. But you were not scared enough to report his actions to LE instead of trying to cover up?

So I probably am gonna ahead an file I have lost my whole life anyway. If I file for divorce it's not because he's a horrible child dismemberer but because we can't go back to being married anyways since I'm gonna be in prison so what's the point.

I have been filtered a lil of what the media is saying about me from drug problems to witchcraft. This is the part of losing her life that hurts the most I think. Even if she gets out her cover is blown and she can't go back to being the doting stepmom toting her child to charity events when she wants to. People are on to her.

I have never had a durg problem an people think Paganism is devil workshipping. Lots of people with drug problems say they don't have any. But I don't think she's a witch, otherwise she wouldn't have skipped the lessons about how to spell.

Our world is so full of hypocrits. Hope all is well with you since I heard from you I wrote you and still haven't heard back. Hopefully your not believing the media. Your the only friend I have at this point. The Misunderstood Little Teen Me Me routine. If the world doesn't like the things you do the world is wrong. So this wasn't the first letter? Why isn't he selling the first one?

Hopefully you send some pictures so I get an idea of who I am writing. I will be so glad to get out and go back to being myself. She's optimistic she's gonna get out.

Put my hair back like I normally wear it an be myself. This just ain't me. So her stepdaughter is dead and possibly dismembered but what she worries is that her bad hairdo doesn't reflect her true personality.

I am not happy with some of my lawyers decisions they wanna keep continuing cases that lowers my bond to a reasonable amount. and I ask about getting this Superior case on docket quick he says it could take 6 to 8 months. I don't wanna be in here that long yet again cause of something I didn't do. I bet she wouldn't wanna be in here even if she did.

He did all this. So you promptly reported him to LE when you found out. No wait, you didn't.

Halloween is almost here. Neat little transition here. A complete non sequitur.

I have done nothing but cry. I want out of at least solitary confinement. Im on suicide watch, why I have no idea. But I feel like I hav nothing to live for now. This makes no sense. If she's done nothing but cry and feels like she has nothing to live for that should give you an idea of the reasons for the suicide watch. Anyway, does she cry because Halloween is almost here? :waitasec:

I heard I have even made it to the Nancy Grace show the keep calling my lawyers wanting a interview with me. Everyone does. Fame at last.
Sometimes I think my lawyers shouldn't keep me out of the media. I want a chance to tell the truth and defend myself, no one else is. But I keep getting told to say nothing is best. So if she wants a chance to tell the truth she's been lying up to this, right?

I am gonna be debriefed this week so Adam is supposed to be arrested then again. I don't know nothing has went the way it was suppose to, not yet so far. They are fussing at me for not eating but I cant I have lost way to much weight they say I'm killing myself but what do they expect out of me. I feel like a fighting Chicken just waiting to get out. I am beyond stressed. When I saw my attorneys today and the said he was out after them promising me for my safety he wouldn&#8217;t be let out. What, for her safety? does she think that Adam can come visit her and hurt her? I'd have thought she'd be pretty safe from him in her solitary confinement anyway.

I flipped and have cried since, you&#8217;re my only calming factor and again I can&#8217;t think you enough for reaching out to me for what reasons you have, I am so thankful. Really. It would be nice to have a friendship, that&#8217;s something I have had very few of an now I see I had more obviously. It's nice of her to be grateful to her new friend. I suppose something good came out of Zahra's death: EB now sees the value of friends.

I swear I am gonna launch a campaign for people like us. The freaks of the world I guess. Off to save the world.

I&#8217;m sick of being ridiculed by being me. I am 42 years old and dam it I am proud to say I am not a clone. Like the stepford wives. lol. You gotta be a clone if you're not Elisa.

Funny the so called Christians are the first to judge me. You wouldn&#8217;t believe all the hate mail. People actually wanna kill me. I will have to go into hiding and move across the country when I get out a here. That&#8217;s scary. Like I said my lawyers don&#8217;t tell me all the world is saying but if it is anything like these letters Omg. I don&#8217;t like being sheltered though cause I need to know exactly what I am dealing with out there. So some psycho doesn&#8217;t come up behind an kill me. So she told her lawyers to shelter her but she doesn't like it? IDK... I think if I was worried about some psycho creeping behind me I'd be glad to be in solitary confinement.

I mean I never thought it would be this way. WHAT? When? When did she think about this at all? Is she leaking the truth in that there was some premeditation involved? I mean, it doesn't usually occur to people who have no reason to suspect their children are going to be killed to contemplate things like this: "I wonder what it would be like if my stepdaughter went missing and we had to report it. Would I be arrested? Gosh, I don't think people would send me hatemail or want to kill me."

My lawyers get death threats every day to. This is so crazy. I just wonder if Zahra hadn&#8217;t survived Cancer and been from Australia if it would truly be like this. If she was just a boring random all American child with both feet attached maybe we could have disappeared her and nobody would have given a ****, but we were very unlucky and she got media attention because she's such an adorable Australian cancer survivor. :waitasec:

There are so many missing kids, but Zahra isn&#8217;t missing the cops know where she is and what he has done. If I hadn&#8217;t admitted to that stupid note I be out in 3 weeks but no they kept pushing an he did that too. It's all Adam's fault. I think I can see their defence strategy now.

Anyway how you spending Halloween? Have fun for me please. Its my favorite holiday an I hate missing it. No fair.
The Halloween non sequitur again. She sounds like a ten year old here. But she's right, it's no fair that Zahra is dead and possibly dismembered somewhere and has to miss Halloween... no, wait, that's not what she was talking about.

Well I&#8217;ve said enough. I hope you write back soon and please send some pictures. I will talk to you soon I hope.

Dark Love Always,
Elesa

Be part of the freak show!
Your in my dark heart&#8230;
&#8220;Some girls wanna be princess&#8217;s when they grow up. I want to be a vampire!!!&#8221;
Goth&#8217;s Rule
Vamp&#8217;s Rule!
**Also a doodle of a candelabra and a spider**

She's 42 and still a girl wondering what she'll grow up to be?

Hi Damien,

Sorry its took me so long to get back to you, but I had to wait until my lawyers put a lil money in my account. Thanks for your moral support. I need it although I&#8217;m not sure I deserve it at this point. Why wouldn't she deserve moral support if she's done nothing wrong? :waitasec:

As you probably know my family has turned pretty much against me and everyone is telling so many lies. If everybody is lying about her why wouldn't she deserve moral support?

Yeah I had my lawyers shut my myspace down cause of the bad publicity but once I am out I will redo it. My birthday is 6-6-68 so people was reading too much into that an my opening song living dead girl thing is I have had that myspace before I met Adam or Zahra. I am not sure how it or my face book got opened they was both marked private, but the cops can do whatever they want.
So, I'm 42, in jail, and my stepdaughter might be dead but I'm worried about redoing my myspace.

98% of the media stuff is lies that&#8217;s why everyone wants me dead. So what's the 2 % that's true?

But I have 2 of the best lawyers in the country and my own private investigator.
If she's indigent who pays for her PI?

I am 42, been told I don&#8217;t look my age even though my picture they are using on TV. Sucks If you have read my myspace you know quite a bit about me, but normally my hair is black and red and I have lost way too much weight. I never knew I was to look and act like everyone else in this stupid world. I don&#8217;t wanna be normal I have tried. but its hard covering all my tattoos and I love my piercings. So my stepdaughter might be dead but what I'm worried about is that people don't like the way I look.

My youngest grandson middle name is Damien thanks to me. Everyone has to have some achievement in their life they're proud of. I wonder if the letter person got this alias from something they dug up about Elisa.

Yes I can receive Money orders as long as they are from the post office and I can have pictures, just not sexual. Did the guy offer to send her money?

You ask what things I am into, well I love all horror movies. and even some mushy stuff too. I love the twilight movies. I watch those and wish I could get so lucky for someone to love me that way. So Adam wasn't the love of her life after all?
As far as music well you know most of what I like but I love Nickelback, Linkin Park, Korn stuff like that too. I write music and sing when I get a chance. I have a couple famous friends that sing as well. Chris Daughtry? :waitasec:

As far as Charles Manson is was truely a evil man. Makes you wonder what happened to make them that way. Apropos nothing, another non sequitur. How did she jump from singing to Charles Manson? Did the letter guy ask about CM?

All I have gotten is hate mail since I been here from everyone even my kids but you so it really is good to have at least person I can write and hopefully be friends with. The cops have my pocket book & money so my lawyers put me a lil money in my account so I could get paper and envelopes. This whole situation just suks. When I get out I have been told I have no where to go. so I am a bit scared. I have truely lost my whole life. It sucks to have lost her life but one could say that Zahra is in the same situation. But she shows absolutely no concern for her.

So tell me a lil about you about you, are you marries do you have kids? What else are you into? You know sorta what I look like, so what do you look like? Have you ever been is jail? It ain&#8217;t a fun place to be. I sure miss my warm waterbed. I&#8217;m on the floor at the moment in solitary confinement. Im climbing the walls literally. I hope to soon be out but who knows what Im doing when I do. Im gonna miss my favorite holiday Halloween, the one time a year I dont get judged and maybe thanksgiving and Christmas. I feel completely alone. well I guess I have said enough. Hope to hear back from you soon!

Dark Hearts,
Elesa Baker

It really is too bad that they don't have waterbeds in jail.

There is an interesting picture of her on this site, she is wearing a T shirt with a huge cross on the front. Unusual for someone who professes to be pagan. Maybe her lawyers are going for the insanity defense..in which case the letters make sense in laying the groundwork for the plea. Third or fourth pic down I think.

http://dedekeene.posterous.com/missing-child-hickorync-zahra-baker-not-seen :waitasec:

That is considered a style of the Latin cross, on her shirt... it is Pagan in origin and very much embraced by the neo-Pagans.

If her lawyers are going to use those letters as part of an insanity defense, they need to coach her on how to take her "goth" persona up a few notches to CrazyLand because as of right now, she is just coming across as a middle-aged woman trying too hard to play up being "goth", in those letters. My guess is: like a silver bullet kills a werewolf, a wooden stake in the heart kills a vampire, you can kill goth wannabes like EB by taking their Hot Topic card away from them.

(Please, please, please understand I am not putting down the goth culture... I'm just saying that in my opinion, EB is a wannabe... the kind of "goth" that even real goths would roll their eyes at)

Hi Damien,

Sorry its took me so long to get back to you, but I had to wait until my lawyers put a lil money in my account. Thanks for your moral support. I need it although I’m not sure I deserve it at this point. Why wouldn't she deserve moral support if she's done nothing wrong? :waitasec:

As you probably know my family has turned pretty much against me and everyone is telling so many lies. If everybody is lying about her why wouldn't she deserve moral support?

Yeah I had my lawyers shut my myspace down cause of the bad publicity but once I am out I will redo it. My birthday is 6-6-68 so people was reading too much into that an my opening song living dead girl thing is I have had that myspace before I met Adam or Zahra. I am not sure how it or my face book got opened they was both marked private, but the cops can do whatever they want.
So, I'm 42, in jail, and my stepdaughter might be dead but I'm worried about redoing my myspace.

98% of the media stuff is lies that’s why everyone wants me dead. So what's the 2 % that's true?

But I have 2 of the best lawyers in the country and my own private investigator.
If she's indigent who pays for her PI?

I am 42, been told I don’t look my age even though my picture they are using on TV. Sucks If you have read my myspace you know quite a bit about me, but normally my hair is black and red and I have lost way too much weight. I never knew I was to look and act like everyone else in this stupid world. I don’t wanna be normal I have tried. but its hard covering all my tattoos and I love my piercings. So my stepdaughter might be dead but what I'm worried about is that people don't like the way I look.

My youngest grandson middle name is Damien thanks to me. Everyone has to have some achievement in their life they're proud of. I wonder if the letter person got this alias from something they dug up about Elisa.

Yes I can receive Money orders as long as they are from the post office and I can have pictures, just not sexual. Did the guy offer to send her money?

You ask what things I am into, well I love all horror movies. and even some mushy stuff too. I love the twilight movies. I watch those and wish I could get so lucky for someone to love me that way. So Adam wasn't the love of her life after all?
As far as music well you know most of what I like but I love Nickelback, Linkin Park, Korn stuff like that too. I write music and sing when I get a chance. I have a couple famous friends that sing as well. Chris Daughtry? :waitasec:

As far as Charles Manson is was truely a evil man. Makes you wonder what happened to make them that way. Apropos nothing, another non sequitur. How did she jump from singing to Charles Manson? Did the letter guy ask about CM?

All I have gotten is hate mail since I been here from everyone even my kids but you so it really is good to have at least person I can write and hopefully be friends with. The cops have my pocket book & money so my lawyers put me a lil money in my account so I could get paper and envelopes. This whole situation just suks. When I get out I have been told I have no where to go. so I am a bit scared. I have truely lost my whole life. It sucks to have lost her life but one could say that Zahra is in the same situation. But she shows absolutely no concern for her.

So tell me a lil about you about you, are you marries do you have kids? What else are you into? You know sorta what I look like, so what do you look like? Have you ever been is jail? It ain’t a fun place to be. I sure miss my warm waterbed. I’m on the floor at the moment in solitary confinement. Im climbing the walls literally. I hope to soon be out but who knows what Im doing when I do. Im gonna miss my favorite holiday Halloween, the one time a year I dont get judged and maybe thanksgiving and Christmas. I feel completely alone. well I guess I have said enough. Hope to hear back from you soon!

Dark Hearts,
Elesa Baker

It really is too bad that they don't have waterbeds in jail.

Thank you for your masterly analysis of the letters, saved me the trouble of doing it myself....only that last line about the waterbeds in jail made me spit coffee everywhere, maybe it's just wishful thinking, because I thought it read 'waterboards'. :biggrin:

Thanks for the transcript..
I hope y'all never see my handwriting! Slant changes word to word,random changes from print to cursive,capital letters pop up anywhere.. At least there are no little circles over the "i"s :)
These must be the stupidest people on the planet.

That is considered a style of the Latin cross, on her shirt... it is Pagan in origin and very much embraced by the neo-Pagans.

If her lawyers are going to use those letters as part of an insanity defense, they need to coach her on how to take her "goth" persona up a few notches to CrazyLand because as of right now, she is just coming across as a middle-aged woman trying too hard to play up being "goth", in those letters. My guess is: like a silver bullet kills a werewolf, a wooden stake in the heart kills a vampire, you can kill goth wannabes like EB by taking their Hot Topic card away from them.

(Please, please, please understand I am not putting down the goth culture... I'm just saying that in my opinion, EB is a wannabe... the kind of "goth" that even real goths would roll their eyes at)

ITA. EB' entire existence is that of a desperate wannabe someone - anyone. Goth, Pagan, Wicca, Vampire - latching onto anything that would make people NOTICE how different, eclectic, free spirited and exotic she is....it only needs to come out now that she's 'bi-sexual' too and she's got a full deck of 'look at me - I'm so different' cards.

Brilliant analysis Donjeta, I am just speechless...my dog has more emotional intelligence than this fr- I mean "woman"

JMO, just a personal hunch but I think the goth thing is an excuse for feeling different. She has some sort of a personality problem or a mental health problem that makes it hard for her to get along with the world and she's adopted the goth thing because it is more pleasant to think that people despise me because I have a different lifestyle and look like a freak than to think that people don't like me because I am a freak, a difficult person to like.

Not saying that people with mental health problems are freaks, I have had some myself, and I don't mean it as name calling. Just a word I got from her own description of herself. There is a difference between looking strange when it's an adopted lifestyle and something external to you and between feeling strange when it's brought on you by something internal in your personality or identity. If the world thinks you're a freak because of the way you look you can console yourself saying they're prejudiced judgmental idiots the whole lot of them but if the world thinks you're a freak because you have a tendency to run about threatening people and trying to run them off the road and to abuse children it might not be the world who is wrong, it could be you.

It's a safer explanation and IMO she takes it in her letters. She gets hate mail and she rationalizes it by saying she looks different and can't hide her piercings and tattoos and never wanted to look normal anyway. But I don't really think she got that many death threats because she has piercings but rather because people think she hurt Zahra. She looked the same before Zahra went missing and did it get her death threats? I don't think so.

Thank you, Donjeta -- a truly excellent analysis.

To me the most telling thing about these letters is what they lack: any regret, sadness, or the tiniest whiff of concern for Zahra. I mean, her disdain for the child is SO obvious. She couldn't even bring herself to fake it. Which to me indicates that she feels justified in hating the child.

I wonder what she means when she says that "this wouldn't have happened" if her children hadn't called DSS on her? Does she mean she wouldn't have been caught (it was the ransom note that she's in jail for) or is it that she wouldn't have beaten the child to death if she wasn't so angry about the DSS calls?

I'm leaning toward the latter.

JMO, just a personal hunch but I think the goth thing is an excuse for feeling different. She has some sort of a personality problem or a mental health problem that makes it hard for her to get along with the world and she's adopted the goth thing because it is more pleasant to think that people despise me because I have a different lifestyle and look like a freak than to think that people don't like me because I am a freak, a difficult person to like.

Not saying that people with mental health problems are freaks, I have had some myself, and I don't mean it as name calling. Just a word I got from her own description of herself. There is a difference between looking strange when it's an adopted lifestyle and something external to you and between feeling strange when it's brought on you by something internal in your personality or identity. If the world thinks you're a freak because of the way you look you can console yourself saying they're prejudiced judgmental idiots the whole lot of them but if the world thinks you're a freak because you have a tendency to run about threatening people and trying to run them off the road and to abuse children it might not be the world who is wrong, it could be you.

Very, very insightful.

Oh it's great that EB can write flirty notes to a stranger but wouldn't mail Zahra's letters out to her little friend............I think it should be payback time.........hold her pencils, paper and envelopes back!!!
NO money in her kitty.........

I think the letters are from EB, but I think they are a plant. She has escaped the consequences for her various crimes for years. I don't think she is dumb by any means. Every word of these letters had a reason. This is her way of skewing things and getting alternate theories out there. Also, of course, to deflect from her own responsibility. Notice, she never actually gives any real information.

Yes, I heard it on NG but I have not seen any new letters anywhere.

I think the letters are from EB, but I think they are a plant. She has escaped the consequences for her various crimes for years. I don't think she is dumb by any means. Every word of these letters had a reason. This is her way of skewing things and getting alternate theories out there. Also, of course, to deflect from her own responsibility. Notice, she never actually gives any real information.

Well they certainly could be a way of helping to get an insanity plea?:waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back