2010.11.30 Warrant Number 1 - Discussion Thread

Maybe the plastic is a plastic tarp? A doll might have Zahra's DNA on it.

Yeah I was thinking about DNA too because IIRC they mentioned in a presser that they had retrieved items from the home for a DNA comparison before ED arrived in the US.

A necklace could have a hair caught in a link?

I'm really hoping that the pink notebook was a journal of Zahras.

JMO

I have a question - Item #22 on page 4 of 6 is bothering me:

"22. AFFIANT knows that persons involved in homicides may conceal the body and/or body parts and those parts of Zahra Baker may be located at the residence of 21 21st Avenue Northwest, Hickory, NC and may be concealed on or about the curtilage."

Is this making a general statement that "persons involved in homicides" may conceal bodies on or around the property (curtilage), or does it mean that they had reason to believe some part of Zahra was concealed there??? This whole thing just makes me shudder with disgust.

It appears to be a general statement to me since every other point specifies exactly how the info was obtained.

JMO

I figured the button and the necklace got ripped off when "it" happened.

Why? LE typically takes EVERYTHING that could even remotely be evidence. Just because they took it, doesn't mean it's of any evidencary value. It may have zero to do with anything like most of the stuff on the list. Typically, they don't even test half of the stuff they seize.

Am I the only a bit frustrated by the lack of detail of items seized in this SW?

The clothing doen't specify brand or size.
The glove doesn't specify type or brand. (thinner surgical type latex or thicker ,lined household type? )
Lists assorted plastic bags with no specifics of if any were actually the Lowes brand plastic bags as outlined in the probable cause statement. (info supplied by EB through LD)
4 blood swabs- doesn't specify where in the house they were collected from.
Assorted items from (sw?) bedroom - How vague is that?!?!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

If there was a court order in place for this SW to remain sealed- then why the lack of detail? Particularly for the assorted items from bedroom.

Help me out here....Why wouldn't they name what those items are? :waitasec:

Why? LE typically takes EVERYTHING that could even remotely be evidence. Just because they took it, doesn't mean it's of any evidencary value. It may have zero to do with anything like most of the stuff on the list. Typically, they don't even test half of the stuff they seize.

lol, Why? Oh gee, IDK...because we are talking about a murder scene and generally people just don't lie down peacefully to be killed and there is a struggle. And when you are struggling and grabbing I would imagine a shirt (with BUTTONS) or a necklace would be something that would get grabbed or torn off in the fray.

I've been having a hard time trying to get a handle on these 2 items from SW:

Cloth material
Green cloth

I wondered why the first would be described as "cloth material" and the other refered to as simply "cloth". So I did alittle reasearch.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textile[/ame]

<snipped by me>

The words fabric and cloth are used in textile assembly trades (such as tailoring and dressmaking) as synonyms for textile. However, there are subtle differences in these terms in specialized usage. Textile refers to any material made of interlacing fibres. Fabric refers to any material made through weaving, knitting, spreading, crocheting, or bonding. Cloth refers to a finished piece of fabric that can be used for a purpose such as covering a bed.

So, from this information, I'm assuming the "green cloth material" was a finished piece of cloth used to cover something...a bed, a table, lawn furniture, that type of thing.

The "cloth material" still leaves me clueless. It almost sounds as though it's a piece of cloth, without a specific purpose, or a purpose LE couldn't determine.

(Just some random thoughts.)

ETA: And I'm still wondering where the pink curtains from one of Zahra's bedroom windows are. If LE retrieved those, wouldn't they be listed as " pink bedroom curtains", and not "cloth material"? So confusing.

I think I am equally concerned about what is not included in these warrants, maybe more so about what seems to be missing.

I've looked and looked - anyone find any reference to computer related items such as hard drives, thumb drives etc... ? We know there was at least one computer or else they used the blackberry instead (threatening email to Comstock).

I think I am equally concerned about what is not included in these warrants, maybe more so about what seems to be missing.

I've looked and looked - anyone find any reference to computer related items such as hard drives, thumb drives etc... ? We know there was at least one computer or else they used the blackberry instead (threatening email to Comstock).

Well, we still have 2 warrants that remain sealed, so maybe the computer items seized by LE are contained in those.

I hope so, anyway.

Well, we still have 2 warrants that remain sealed, so maybe the computer items seized by LE are contained in those.

I hope so, anyway.

They also may have been handed over willingly. AB was at the house several times with LE. He may have said yeah sure, go ahead and take them. I'm sure he isn't going to tell them no you need a warrant. This is where some things are starting to click with me that they may indeed have a whole lot more than we are seeing. I was thinking the other night that the phone they had the warrant for might not have been in his name. Certain things that he did not own as a sole person could have required warrants. It's just a thought.

I've been having a hard time trying to get a handle on these 2 items from SW:

Cloth material
Green cloth

I wondered why the first would be described as "cloth material" and the other refered to as simply "cloth". So I did alittle reasearch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textile

<snipped by me>

The words fabric and cloth are used in textile assembly trades (such as tailoring and dressmaking) as synonyms for textile. However, there are subtle differences in these terms in specialized usage. Textile refers to any material made of interlacing fibres. Fabric refers to any material made through weaving, knitting, spreading, crocheting, or bonding. Cloth refers to a finished piece of fabric that can be used for a purpose such as covering a bed.

So, from this information, I'm assuming the "green cloth material" was a finished piece of cloth used to cover something...a bed, a table, lawn furniture, that type of thing.

The "cloth material" still leaves me clueless. It almost sounds as though it's a piece of cloth, without a specific purpose, or a purpose LE couldn't determine.

(Just some random thoughts.)

ETA: And I'm still wondering where the pink curtains from one of Zahra's bedroom windows are. If LE retrieved those, wouldn't they be listed as " pink bedroom curtains", and not "cloth material"? So confusing.

There was a green car cover taken too. It may have been a piece of that found somewhere? :waitasec:

They also may have been handed over willingly. AB was at the house several times with LE. He may have said yeah sure, go ahead and take them. I'm sure he isn't going to tell them no you need a warrant. This is where some things are starting to click with me that they may indeed have a whole lot more than we are seeing. I was thinking the other night that the phone they had the warrant for might not have been in his name. Certain things that he did not own as a sole person could have required warrants. It's just a thought.

Hard drives, prior to forensic analysis always require a warrant for the collection of astral data and other electronic files (i.e those files trashed) regardless of if the person willingly handed them over or not.

Given what has been released in these 11 warrants, if the two remaining are for computer data and the DA is will to argue the release of these on December 13th, I shudder to think of why.

bbm

Search warrant for cellphone belonging to Adam Baker:

http://www.filedropper.com/ab-searchwarrantfort-mobile

bbm

Search warrant for cellphone belonging to Adam Baker:

http://www.filedropper.com/ab-searchwarrantfort-mobile

In the warrants for both him and EB for the phones Say....

Information including the full name of the owner/user, address, date of birth, business information, social security number, any other telephone numbers, application for service, change in cellular telephones, the incoming and outgoing call information, text messages and images, GPS location and or cell tower location of mobile device, information on Precision Location of Mobile Device (GPS) for the telephone number (*advertiser censored*) XX-XXXX from September 18, 2010 to October 11, 2010.

So I'm guessing it's either standard to ask all that, or the phones weren't in their names. I don't see how they could get service with bad checks out, unless they were pre-paid phones.

They seem to acquire a lot of things on $600 a month.

In the warrants for both him and EB for the phones Say....

Information including the full name of the owner/user, address, date of birth, business information, social security number, any other telephone numbers, application for service, change in cellular telephones, the incoming and outgoing call information, text messages and images, GPS location and or cell tower location of mobile device, information on Precision Location of Mobile Device (GPS) for the telephone number (*advertiser censored*) XX-XXXX from September 18, 2010 to October 11, 2010.

So I'm guessing it's either standard to ask all that, or the phones weren't in their names. I don't see how they could get service with bad checks out, unless they were pre-paid phones.

They seem to acquire a lot of things on $600 a month.

I think that's just a standard statement. In both the warrant for AB's cell phone/info and the warrant for EB's cell phone/info, it's evident from the warrant that the cell phone numbers are both registered to each respectively.

I think that's just a standard statement. In both the warrant for AB's cell phone/info and the warrant for EB's cell phone/info, it's evident from the warrant that the cell phone numbers are both registered to each respectively.

I know with my son, he gave them his cell willingly. (Mind you this was all in a different State.) His phone was a third line on a family plan in my mothers name. So the investigators had to get a warrant to check the phone. It did have my sons name on the warrant and not my mothers. That doesn't help much but it is how it went. That is why I thought he might have willingly given it.

I'm bringing this over. I posted it in the evidence thread and but belongs here too as I took it from this warrant.

Here is a transcribed list from that warrant Wondergirl.

Kitchen Drain Trap
Bathroom Drain Trap
Walmart Debit card
Prescription Naprosyn 500 mg
Soap Opra Digest mailer
4 blood swabs
Medication paperwork
Walmart paperwork
Blue jeans
White shirt
Burn debris
Cloth material
Sock
Latex glove
Button
Necklace
Lip balm
CD Photos
Piece of brick
Plastic piece
SYRINGE
Toy dolls
Pink/gray pants
Pink notebook
Blk LG cell phone
Assorted photos
Assorted receipts
Assorted paperwork
Kodak camera
Lidocaine 50 ml
Assorted plastic bags
Notepad / red paper
1 cell phone
1 Blackberry
Clorox bottle
2 paint brushes
green cloth
green car cover

Wonder what was on the CD photos and why didn't they take a computer?

What is lidocaine injection?

Lidocaine is a local anesthetic (numbing medication). It works by blocking nerve signals in your body.

Lidocaine injection is used to numb an area of your body to help reduce pain or discomfort caused by invasive medical procedures such as surgery, needle punctures, or insertion of a catheter or breathing tube.

Lidocaine injection is also given in an epidural (spinal block) to reduce the discomfort of contractions during labor.

Lidocaine injection is sometimes used to treat irregular heart rhythms that may signal a possible heart attack.

Lidocaine injection may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

How is lidocaine injection given?

Lidocaine is given as an injection through a needle placed into a vein or directly into the body area to be numbed. Your doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider will give you this injection.

Your breathing, blood pressure, oxygen levels, and other vital signs will be watched closely while you are receiving lidocaine injection in a hospital setting.

To treat irregular heart rhythms, you may be shown how to use your medicine at home. Do not self-inject this medicine if you do not fully understand how to give the injection and properly dispose of needles and other items used in giving the medicine.

The LidoPen auto-injector is a prefilled automatic injection device to be used in an emergency. Keep the device with you at all times. Your doctor will describe the signs and symptoms to watch for when deciding when it's time to use the injection.

http://health.msn.com/medications/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100258597

So, did EB have heart problems? Was it used by her??? Oh boy as each detail comes to the suface, my heart gets ripped open...JMHO

Justice for Zahra

Could the lidocaine have been used to dismember before death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back