2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

I AM sickened more than I was before..

Adam Baker.. your NEXT. You are the weakest link.

imo

Even if Adam did something (and we all know I'm a fence rider)....
I don't think we'll see any serious charges against him either. The police had to go to her, give her the control (bet she loved that) in order to get the limited information they did. I THINK they are still missing too many pcs for ANY serious charges ... they don't know cause of death, where it occurred, who all was party to it, how it happened, when it happened. Too many question marks.

GAH. GAH. GAH. :banghead:

I AM sickened more than I was before..

Adam Baker.. your NEXT. You are the weakest link.

imo

I have to agree, they are going to hang someone with this......the public will not have it any other way. If it's not her......Adam's it. She talked first and got the deal, we have seen it before.

Unreal, I understand the DA taking DP off the table, but no life sentence. That seems odd and unfair to say the least!:furious:

OK - I expect that the warrants and potential suspects are in the process of being picked up right now! EB Better spill all - completely - without one iota of change or lying in order for this to actually help her. Does anyone honestly think this person is going to be able to NOT lie?

NO.

:banghead::banghead:

If she thinks for one minute that she would get out on parole shes way more delusional then I thought. The prosecutors most likely assumed that as well. (This is my way of dealing with this).

I have to agree, they are going to hang someone with this......the public will not have it any other way. If it's not her......Adam's it. She talked first and got the deal, we have seen it before.

Or a couple of other likely candidates! I don't think AB is the only possibility for disposal / dismemberment.....

I'm thinking this DA ought to be asking AB how to hide really well and really fast.

I'm thinking this DA ought to be asking AB how to hide really well and really fast.

They just thought the peeps were up in arms about the tree getting cut down and Adam's memorial book........this may get ugly.

Classification: First Degree - Class A Felony (death or life imprisonment); Second Degree - Class B2 Felony (50 years, life imprisonment, fine, or both).

http://www.ncsu.edu/police/Information/NCLaw.html

Even if this deal holds up, it appears she could still receive a maximum sentence of 50 years if convicted of 2nd degree murder.

This is just theory or whatever

What if EB lied about AB part and it was another person or persons. Would that deal be taken off the table?

I think the DA should be looking for a new job. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!
Justice for Zahra!

1. I wonder what Adam's honest response is to this info (as opposed to whatever statement will be released to the media).

2. IMO the DA is showing a trait of acting prematurely on several occasions.

3. It makes me ill when it even appears that evil has gained any points!

She obviously knows what happened, who, when, how and where to cause Zahra's death.
She knows who dismembered her and why.
She knows where all of the body parts were dumped.
She has accused AB of helping to dispose of items and/or parts of Zahra's remains.
She knows she can hold all of the cards to save her own butt - she's going to throw AB under the bus.

The true question is - Was AB really even involved in Zahra's death?

I fail to see how EB getting a deal makes AB ANY less guilty than he was before we found this out.

This is just theory or whatever

What if EB lied about AB part and it was another person or persons. Would that deal be taken off the table?

I think the DA should be looking for a new job. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!
Justice for Zahra!

*Great question!!

I guess I don't believe much of what EB says. It appears the only person she has been truthful with is her previously appointed Atty. I even think EB lied when LE was doing the searches - why else would they be out on Indian Grave Rd (IIRC) and nothing was found. She was the one directing the searches

I thought there was a deal in place or her attorney would not have her out collecting body parts with the police. EB gave too much in those warrants for there not to be a deal in place.

I would like to see the wording of the agreement though because the press phrases it as "if convicted" she won't face DP or LWOP, but that would lead me to believe they left the door open for her to plea not guilty and go to trial?

I would assume they would have got an agreement to plea guilty to something. To take the stiffest penalties off the table and leave the roll of the dice of a jury seems reckless.

Unreal, I understand the DA taking DP off the table, but no life sentence. That seems odd and unfair to say the least!:furious:

they were desperate and saw a possibly unsolvable case with no physical evidence.... though I have to say I am usually really pro LEO and pro state, but missing the date to seal the warrants, releasing the rape suspect names with no basis, and being unaware that a body was dismembered in that house until someone told them it was, and now a deal that on the surface doesn't require her to admit guilt and allows her to go to trial?

at this exact moment in time someone seems in over their head

Can she take an Alford plea and still get this deal?

There is going to be major public outrage for this!!!! OMG I can't believe this woman is getting life in prison after all this.

PS to my previous posts- I don't think this case ever leaned easily to a death penalty case so I don't think the state had anything to lose taking that off the table, the rest of it what surprises me

They don't have a cause of death, they don't have direct proof of who delivered the fatal blow (or whatever), and several witnesses with no credibility at all. Getting a jury to execute someone when you can only put them involved in the death up their eyeballs but not the actual killer is not a great capital case. Really expensive trial with high risk if that was the scenario they were working with.

No life without parole, no requirement to admit guilt in her death.... that is the part I am surprised by

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back