2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

So if 50 years is what we are looking at, parole @ 1/3 of the time would leave 35 years?

There is going to be major public outrage for this!!!! OMG I can't believe this woman is getting life in prison after all this.

She may spend her life in prison but according to that horrible deal, she can't even be sentenced to life in prison.

I don't get it. That is way too sweet a deal.

"So who's in control now"....ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Deal with the DEVIL *again*.''

There MUST be a loophole to this. IMO such deals should be immediately revoked with reasons such as LE obtaining more or new info/facts/tips, anything at all. These monsters should never be allowed to bargain for their life. ANY crime like this against a child should be ineligible for plea bargaining.

The only possible bargain should have been by what method of death for DP :furious::furious::furious:

Who protected Zahra? No one!
Who is protecting EB? Many people!

This really makes me ANGRY!

I agree. Just look at the resources and time devoted to defending Casey Anthony and ensuring she gets a 'fair' trial when poor little Caylee is seldom even mentioned today.

She obviously knows what happened, who, when, how and where to cause Zahra's death.
She knows who dismembered her and why.
She knows where all of the body parts were dumped.
She has accused AB of helping to dispose of items and/or parts of Zahra's remains.
She knows she can hold all of the cards to save her own butt - she's going to throw AB under the bus.

The true question is - Was AB really even involved in Zahra's death?

:waitasec:

TY for this update, NoeticSoul!

snipped from link:

In return, sources said, prosecutors agreed not to charge Elisa Baker with first-degree murder, meaning that if she’s convicted, she would not face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

That’s how the case stands now, but sources told Channel 9 that the prosecutor may be trying to have the agreement tossed out and has asked the attorney general’s office to get involved.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26012582/detail.html
EXACTLY. Don't get all upset people. All this is - is posturing. I am quite confident that EB will end up in prison for life. Patience is a virtue and I'm just waiting. Things will change.

All the above JMHO.

Surprised at the DP No
Surprised at the LWP Yes

Then adds up all that could possibly be charged here, and the maximum sentences it is alot of years

This last one though has truly taken me aback

"So who's in control now"....ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Deal with the DEVIL *again*.''

There MUST be a loophole to this. IMO such deals should be immediately revoked with reasons such as LE obtaining more or new info/facts/tips, anything at all. These monsters should never be allowed to bargain for their life. ANY crime like this against a child should be ineligible for plea bargaining.

The only possible bargain should have possibly been by what method of death for DP :furious::furious::furious:

They probably wouldn't have found her if there was nothing it for EB. AB didn't take them there when he was out and about with them at all the false searches.

And if they pull this deal off the table when it is the basis for ALL and I do mean ALL the physical evidence they have in this case it makes all of the evidence vulnerable to be thrown out completely. And then you rack her up on time served on bad checks and let her go.

I agree with impatientredhead 100%. Murder in the first with DP was never a very viable charge in this case anyway given the circumstances. Too much time has passed, COD is going to be difficult to nail down because of the time that has passed and the dismemberment. LE knew something bad had gone down but couldn't come close to proving it and couldn't even locate a body. In those circumstances, I think the DA and LE were over a barrel.

EB's cooperation, no matter what we all think of her, did lead LE to evidence that allowed them to move the investigation forward. I still think they will get her put away for a very long time and I want ALL guilty parties to do time. This may have been the only way the DA saw to accomplish this.

ETA and now we know what got the DA's shorts in a bunch over Dubbs. The whole thing left a bad taste in his mouth but here is Dubbs, claiming to have in her possession a key piece of evidence. DA had no choice given the situation but now, he is PO'd and gonna try to undo what's been done. all MO

keeping calm, keeping calm, going to my quiet place,

Or a couple of other likely candidates! I don't think AB is the only possibility for disposal / dismemberment.....

That's my thought, as well. There are still loose ends in this case and warrants that haven't been unsealed.

I can't imagine that EB will live to 90, IF she got 50 years w/no parole. She already looks 20 years older than she is. ;) IMHO

So, it paid off did it? Shame, can't think of a better candidate for the DP. The thought of this creep woman ever getting out makes me sick, but at her age a decent sentence may turn out to be a life sentence anyway.....here's hoping right?

It's my understanding that deals such as this come with a little clause that states she can NOT lie. If she lies, the deal is null and void. IMO She's a liar and is incapable of telling the truth;) I'm sure FBI profilers said the same and were consulted when drawing up this deal.

I agree with impatientredhead 100%. Murder in the first with DP was never a very viable charge in this case anyway given the circumstances. [edited for length] DA had no choice given the situation but now, he is PO'd and gonna try to undo what's been done. all MO

There has to be someone that knows something; time for them to speak up. All they have to think of is pieces of Zahra strewn around. If that doesn't make them want justice for her then they are heartless. IMHO

I'm not worried, she will spend the rest of her natural life rotting in prision, right where she belongs. and thereadter in a very special, very HOT place:)

There has to be someone that knows something; time for them to speak up. All they have to think of is pieces of Zahra strewn around. If that doesn't make them want justice for her then they are heartless. IMHO

I fully believe it was Adam that was out there with EB throwing her parts about the county. Nothing has made him want justice for her yet, I wouldn't hold my breathe on that changing.

Keep in mind the entire time he was "helping" them search, they found absolutely zero. Seems like being a key player and living in the house he might have accidently stumbled across something that helped the case.

Seems he had a perfect batting record on going to places that were uninvolved with the actual crime.

Unreal, I understand the DA taking DP off the table, but no life sentence. That seems odd and unfair to say the least!:furious:
I was shocked too.
But it seems we have a court system, a legal system BUT NOT A JUSTICE SYSTEM :furious::furious::furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back