2010.4.19 AH Reports yellow rope found

Pardon me, I get so confused - isnt "Hank Jr" TIMMY? IF they (ToC and/or JO) did take his van, and Timmy helped Sr. in the drywall business, it could have simply been in the van - or in there for any reason, since it does seem to be such a common thing we ALL have lying around the house/car/boat. Matching it would just be key.

Tommy is Hank Jr. He is the oldest.

Someone asked who would keep something that was used in a murder all this time. Someone who would have a stolen blender and golf cart battery in his storage shed. I've never known anyone in an trade work to have yellow rope. I've seen regular thin rope or the thick jute type twine, but only seen the yellow coated rope used around water. My stepfather had stuff like that on his minnow bucket.

I don't think the rope is any smoking gun, but I could see the fact that it was available to the perp driving a point home in a closing argument in court.

MOO

I remember several months ago the topic arose of the rope seen on the screen door. I find this quite a coincidence that suddenly, after all this time, that rope begins to be a part of the narrative of what happened to Haleigh.

I'm just saying. It seems a coincidence.

They said they found two cinder blocks in the river right? Could one of them have had a rope tied to it (?), then finding the rope at the home...much like matching duct tape, I would imagine the characteristics of rope could be compared and vary down to specifics much like duct tape can. Perhaps they had various lengths of the same type of rope and they will match something from the river.

Did any of this family work in construction...I guess "work" being key word here for this family...in anything that would necessitate the use of rope like that? You see it on many contractors trucks, electrical, roofers, tree trimmers, etc. (career doctor shoppers? heh.)

I am aware both Hank Sr. and Hank Jr. worked in (drywall) construction, however KB, TN's sister owns a tree trimmers business and Ron C worked for her....JMO

I wonder where the yellow rope was found? Was it in the yard, inside the house?
And IIRC I saw a forsale sign on the house in one of the pictures Ger took recently..
Also didn't Lisa C mention something on the jailhouse videos about TN asking her questions about 116 Tyler and IF it had been rented, sold? anyone else remember that?JMO

If, a yellow rope and cinder blocks were used I just don't see how they could possibly link anyone to the crime using this evidence.

MommaOf4, I snipped your post to save room. We're on the same page here. I've been around water (lakes and coastal waters) a good part of my life and that rope is very common. It comes in yellow, white and white/blue if I recall correctly. You might use it to lower a minnow bucket in the water. I mean, it's used literally all the time around fishing waters.

I do believe it might have been used to lower Haleigh in the water, weighing her down with cinder blocks, but I still don't see how they will prove that Tommy, Joe or anyone actually did that without proof that Heleigh is dead. If Tommy, Joe and Misty all admit to it, could/would that be proof enough?

Also, I don't see them taking Tommy and Misty's word for it because they are brother and sister. I just feel like they have to have more than this to even declare little Haleigh is no longer alive.

I remember several months ago the topic arose of the rope seen on the screen door. I find this quite a coincidence that suddenly, after all this time, that rope begins to be a part of the narrative of what happened to Haleigh.

And a concern of mine.....JMO

Come on Tommy, lets take this girl and kill her.

Well Joe let's throw her in the river.

Ok Tommy I will grab a cinder block out behind the trailer in the dark, you know those blocks even Ron and Misty don't know about.

Ok Joe, let's swing by my house on the way to the river and I will get some of that yellow rope I tied the door shut with.

Hiya Doc

TC's home wasn't the only one who had rope...look at this early tape video with Greta at RC's & MC's at the MH. There IS rope on RC's door too. So there was rope at the MH as well

Forensics will get to the bottom of it if it was involved in lil Haleigh's death.
We have two sources of rope now

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3923872

And a concern of mine.....JMO

Was the yellow rope on the screen door at G' Hollers home? She lives in TN doesn't she? I am asking because, I don't remember which one of g'mama's had it tied on the door handle.

Maybe they can compare the way the knots are tied on the blocks and the residences? I don't know if any of these individuals were scouts--but maybe simply the way the knots were tied could be something of value--if in fact these items were found. JMO

It could be anything about the rope that could tie it to the one found (if one was found) in the search area. It could be something like a flaw in the color, or some sort of marking from paint spilled one it, matching the cut ends to each other, the possibilities are endless. The trick is getting it to match up with the killer IMO .

Was the yellow rope on the screen door at G' Hollers home? She lives in TN doesn't she? I am asking because, I don't remember which one of g'mama's had it tied on the door handle.

I don't recall even seeing a screen door in Flora Hollar's home or seeing any rope tied on anything at GGMS's house..
I didn't even notice the rope on Ron's door or on Tommy's door until it was brought up here at WS.. I'm not very observant when it comes to picking out smaller inanimate oblects..JMO

There was rope tided onto the front screen door of Ronald's MH on Green lane. There is also plenty of rope behind the properties in that area used with no trespassing signs. I would like to see where the rope was that was found at Tommy's. We have a thread here about the rope on Ron's MH and an article about rope found in a search early on. I wonder if the Ropes are all connected? Has anyone been able to find out where Rope was found at Tommy's?. TIA

Here is the rope thread, you can see the picture and video there of Ronald's MH on Green Ln. 2010.03.03 - Rope on screen door on old video report - Rope, shovel, makeshift chair? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Infotainment, just like LP and the rest.
Unless LE verifies it, or AH and the others can state in the article "I spoke with detective so and so who verified this info...", i'm not sinking my teeth into it. They are running with hunches. Some pan out, some don't. Just like we do here when we run scenarios. Except we call it what it is.. a theory or JMO and don't publish it or go on NG calling it a fact.

JMO.

UGH! this case makes me wanna get sick to my stomach. I hope Haleigh was dead when they threw her in the lake. I can't imagine being eaten alive by something.

Generally speaking if someone throws you in a river with weights tied to you, if you are still alive you don't stay that way long enough for anything to eat you alive.

Infotainment, just like LP and the rest.
Unless LE verifies it, or AH and the others can state in the article "I spoke with detective so and so who verified this info...", i'm not sinking my teeth into it. They are running with hunches. Some pan out, some don't. Just like we do here when we run scenarios. Except we call it what it is.. a theory or JMO and don't publish it or go on NG calling it a fact.

JMO.

I'll run with it insomuchas I will theorize to my little heart's content, but I am with you on liberal salt usage when dealing with NG or AH stories.

ITA Sometimes, they are just that - stories dressed up to resemble facts.

Considering the players in this saga........it could be any scenario, I don't think anything can surprise me.

LE has been tight-lipped how do we know that only now the rope is an issue?

I like the idea of a poster on another thread (or maybe this one--my head is spinning) who said that LE has probably had the suspect or suspects in their sights for a while but needed testimony to tie what they have together, and perhaps to find the body or some remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back