2011.02.19 - Desiree puts on the pressure in Roseburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is married to LE. I'm sure she found out what she can legally do and what she can't do.

Whether a person thinks TH harmed Kyron or not, we know Desiree thinks she did and she is showing that she will go to every end to find her boy. Bless her heart!

Your right kimster! I have mix feelings. But I do understand!

I feel LE really needs to step in and say the status of this investigation.I want to hear from LE if they think Terri did something or not.

I'm still wondering what the tipping point for LE was, since they have always said there is no evidence he is not alive.

I think you nailed it. Le hasn't "tipped over" into thinking kyron is not alive because, as they have stated, they have no evidence that he is not alive. unless they ever get evidence of his death, they will continue investigating a kidnapping scenario.

I feel LE really needs to step in and say the status of this investigation.I want to hear from LE if they think Terri did something or not.

I totally agree. To much time has passed. What other choice does DY have then to do what she is doing? I believe the police believe TH is responsible bc DY believes she is. Have the police ever even named TH Person of interest?

I totally agree. To much time has passed. What other choice does DY have then to do what she is doing? I believe the police believe TH is responsible bc DY believes she is. Have the police ever even named TH Person of interest?

No they haven't. I've read that some LE agencies just don't do that as a rule. Maybe that's their policy?

Desiree has said many times that she hears from LE frequently. I can't imagine she is doing this without their blessing on some level? :dunno:

I can't say I blame Desiree for trying to launch some sort of action. I am sure all these many months of waiting and being the bigger person and trying to sit patiently on the sidelines, letting LE do their thing has been nigh on unbearable for her. I can put myself in her shoes so easily, many of us can imagine doing the same thing. Taking to the streets, talking to people, passing out flyers.

I do feel badly for Terri's parents, someone mentioned the circus outside the Anthony home upthread. I find myself way more sympathetic towards TH's parents though. The home Kyron lived in when he went missing was not theirs. They have not been come out and publicly made statement after statement about how their precious daughter is innocent and Kyron is still out there somewhere, in danger because LE is screwing their daughter, etc. Nor have they actively tried to interfere with the investigation to my knowledge.

So I guess I understand Desirees need to act, but I feel for TH's folks having this brought to their doorstep. I am sure they believe their daughter is not involved. Right or wrong, I feel badly for them being in this position.

This is LE case.One thing I have learned is you need to work with LE in your missing persons case.They have the final say.No they have never named TH a person of interest.

I think naming a POI is not a bad thing, as it does put pressure on the person, who if guilty, may make a mistake or try to re-hide evidence, etc...I think we've seen in cases in Oregon even (the woman currently missing in the river, maybe?) where her husband was considered a POI right away, wasn't he?

I can imagine LE telling Desiree they can't stop her doing this, as long as she does not go onto private property or break any laws, but honestly, I can't see LE actually condoning this action. I think she is finally at the point we have all been waiting for, she has had it. It will be interesting to see if she has retracted her statement about Kyron being dead, or if it was misreported?

I wonder to if DY actually said Kyron is dead. It was not in quotes anywhere.

I'm still wondering what the tipping point for LE was, since they have always said there is no evidence he is not alive.

Yes, LE said that while leading massive searches through the sticks and leaves in the woods, and while slogging through swamps on Sauvie Island, clearly not looking for a living child.

For a long time, I think LE made statements about Kyron being alive in order to be kind to the parents, who probably couldn't face looking for a body.

Sounds like everyone is on the same page now.

I *just now*, before refreshing the page and seeing your post, told my husband to look out the window at the incredible sky! It is truly beautiful.

It just broke my heart to hear that Desiree now believes Kyron is dead. I wonder what the tipping point was for her.

It is very heart wrenching to hear her say she does believe he is dead. Even though we've all figured it to be and that she probably thought so, too -- it completely changes things when the parent actually says those words.

As far as the tipping point -- IMO, she's known for awhile. I think LE has given them all the evidence but maybe asked them to keep a brave face when speaking to the media, to draw out more evidence or sloppiness on the part of TH. Maybe the last search that LE seemed so sure would bring closure for them was the last straw. After that, Desiree decided she was done biting her tongue and sitting back waiting. LE may not be happy about it but I totally understand. She's obviously sure TH is responsible, and not just a hunch. I say more power to her!

Still, if they believe he is dead, I think there has to be more than just the length of time passed to have made LE believe this and since they have not changed the case to a murder case, and still put his picture on trucks...it is very confusing indeed.

I can't say I blame Desiree for trying to launch some sort of action. I am sure all these many months of waiting and being the bigger person and trying to sit patiently on the sidelines, letting LE do their thing has been nigh on unbearable for her. I can put myself in her shoes so easily, many of us can imagine doing the same thing. Taking to the streets, talking to people, passing out flyers.

I do feel badly for Terri's parents, someone mentioned the circus outside the Anthony home upthread. I find myself way more sympathetic towards TH's parents though. The home Kyron lived in when he went missing was not theirs. They have not been come out and publicly made statement after statement about how their precious daughter is innocent and Kyron is still out there somewhere, in danger because LE is screwing their daughter, etc. Nor have they actively tried to interfere with the investigation to my knowledge.

So I guess I understand Desirees need to act, but I feel for TH's folks having this brought to their doorstep. I am sure they believe their daughter is not involved. Right or wrong, I feel badly for them being in this position.
maybe...that's how they know she is, maybe the parents have said something?

Young went to Terri Horman’s house and knocked on the door before putting signs up around her home. Nobody answered, and a sign is still up referring people to call Horman’s lawyer.

“If I ever confronted her; if she would ever give me that chance, I would talk to her. And I would talk to her about the fact that Kyron never asked a thing of her except for her to love him,” Young said.

She said she wants Kyron to know she’ll never stop looking for him.

“I have to do this. I have to do it each and every day because if I don’t, who is going to?”
<snipped>

http://www.katu.com/news/local/116543823.html

Man, I wonder if I could do this without screaming and causing a scene? Desiree's grace under pressure amazes me.

I, for one APPLAUD Desiree,Tony and her family for doing this!! The more pressure they put on Terri the better!!!

Wow, she went and knocked on Terri's door too...
I watched the video on KATU and there is nothing about Kyron being dead on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname