2011.02.21: HPD Press Conference, 3pm Feb 21, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the subtext may have been, while many theories exist that would include AB's involvement, there is not one shred of evidence to put before a GJ to that effect.

This is why I think TOD and that ME report are key but they will not be releasing those it appears.

I also think the subtext to the statement that investigation will continue follwing each and every lead up to the first day of trial may mean that while LE is still unsure or may have suspicions of AB's involvement, they will continue to investigate that avenue.

moo

I'm a bit stunned he's got no credible evidence on anyone other than EB. This isn't going over in my head very well.

I really need to hear more to absorb this.

Well. I thought we may have heard the COD in this presser and a bit more information.

Nuthin that the indictment didn't say, other than EB acted alone -- which I almost find laughable if this wasn't such a sad case.

DISPATCHER: How long has seen been missing?

ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

No she wasn't Adam - that has now been established!

DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

He's laughing for God sake - he's laughing!!!!

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13351620

Give the 911 call a good read and tell me you don't think he's culpable.

MOO

:(

Mel

Thank God she has been indicted and now let's pray that judge is served swiftly.

~jmo~

I read the pdf file indictment to my mom earlier and the presser was simply just LE reading everything that was available to us except to state that there is NO evidence indicating the involvement of any others in this case. WTH???? I'm sorry, but I'm stunned with that statement. How could AB not know his child was missing for 2 weeks? Was he working 24/7 and didn't have a moment of time for Zahra? JMO

I am let down that the presser was so short and most was simply the reading of the charges we've all read already. I had really hoped for more.

I concur. I really thought we would hear a little more details. My mind is truly baffled right now. Sept. 24th. That says a lot about AB IMO.

If EB has anything on AB, she better open her mouth and start singing. She's a goner anyway...might as well take his slimy, smirking *advertiser censored* down with her.

ty for the thread WAD. I guess we didn't really need it afterall since it gave us nothing really more than what we had outside of the statement that at this time they no credible evidence to suggest anyone else's involvment.

Oh well, If it hadn't separate thread, murphy's law says it would have needed it :rolleyes:

Going back to the presser (cuz I'm just burning up right now) -

Prosecutors allege that EB had a pattern of physically, verbally and psychologically abusing her disabled stepdaughter Zahra.

Okayyyyy...and AB never saw a single interaction of this sort. Never, never, never?

If there's a pattern, what kind of pattern was it? Only a pattern when AB wasn't in the room!

MOO

Mel

They said that they have no evidence that anyone else was involved in Zahra's murder. They did NOT say that nobody else will be facing charges, or that nobody else was involved. Only that EB actually murdered her. There were no charges mentioned yet about the illegal disposal of a corpse, interfering with an investigation (by lying) child neglect, and a million other possibilities..

THAT might be what nails a few others in this case, IMO. But only Elisa killed her, according to their evidence... SO FAR..

That's how I understood it.

Exactly so Noetic. I too am of the opinion that EB had help with dismemberment/disposal. My only question is who. Because I do think there was some help, just not sure who I think provided it.

If EB has anything on AB, she better open her mouth and start singing. She's a goner anyway...might as well take his slimy, smirking *advertiser censored* down with her.
EB is not the type to go down all by herself. I bet she's been singing since day one, even if it's the wrong song...

IMO, I think the grand jury had to do something rather then nothing in this case based on how the charges are worded. They did this because the public wants something done and done now.

The charge really bothers me: It also states that Elisa hid the victim from family members and desecrated Zahra's body to hinder detection, investigation and prosecution of the offense.

What family members did Elisa hide Zahra from - Adam?

the wording of that particular special circumstance is puzzling to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43