2011.03.04 Motions Hearing - #1 (AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happened with John Allen? Did I miss LDB questioning him?

She pretty much asked him a handful of questions, if he instructed any of the A's to get info from KC and report back to him. he answered "No" to all of them and George sat there shaking his head and laughing. I don't know what's up with George, is he shaking his head meaning that JA is lying, or is he shaking his head because now he's been outed as the liar?

I am SO Glad that Judge Perry let them know in no uncertain terms that his toes have been stepped on for the last time here this morning.

No more snarky remarks, no more wasting time and waiting for Casey to get dressed, {let her wear orange}, etc.

I think also that he was watching George pretty closely, and observing the chomping and dramatics that he emits.

The defense is walking on real thin ice, IMO.

How appropriate! CNN's freeze frame in the courtroom during recess.

Attachments

• CNN freeze frame.jpg
    CNN freeze frame.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 45
LDB cross examined Sgt. Allen. When she was finished, the judge asked Baez if he wished to redirect based on the cross, and Baez said something like, "No, Judge, that's not necessary, I will just let the record show..." and that is when LDB objected to his commentary to what should be a yes or no question.

I bet Baez tries to pull this again before the day is over.

So THAT'S what the commentary thing was about! Thank you! I hate not being able to watch this live!

And I am actually going to get some work done. Back in thirty!

Judge admonishing attorneys equally for editorial comments.

Asks them to refresh their memory of decorum.

WOW he is pizzed off.

I wish the judge would get just as pizzed off about all of GA's head shakes, faces etc. :banghead:

Let George have his moment. This is only a hearing... I can say with almost 100% accuracy that George and Cindy Anthony will NOT be allowed in court while other people are giving their testimony... 1) I do believe they will be recalled to the witness stand 2) their demeanor in court. They can not control and will not try to control their behavior. It is unfair to the jury to be distracted by such behavior and it could also influence the jury (for them or against them). It is also unfair to the witness giving their testimony to be distracted or even feel intimidated by their behavior.

Plus, I do believe that when it does come to trial... and they are claiming to be the "family of the victim" so that they could sit in on all the testimony... LDB will ask them again about their claims that Caylee is actually alive. She has Cindy on record during the 911 hearing and in her state deposition stating that Caylee is alive... and also in a letter to Casey. George and Lee Anthony have also stated this in their State depositions.

So let George have his moment. He only makes himself look bad.

LDB's gonna pull out some sweet surprises for Cindy.

If they had just kept their traps shut she wouldn't have so much ammunition.

She's got the goods to prove Cindy a liar 10 ways to Sunday.

Can't wait. :)

again - some interesting discussion on In Session supports LE dealing with the missing child before mirandizing

IMHO, and I don't profess to be in LE, or an attorney. If there is a missing child LE should do anything they can to get information as to the welfare of the missing child. Arresting someone isn't necessarily going to help at the get-go.

Like in the Cummings case - lots of pressure, no arrests, until it was obviously too late, and they (Ron and Misty) were arrested on drug charges.

In the Dunn case, LE is pitting Shawn against Billie right now in hopes someone will crack. Easily done by threating child *advertiser censored* charges against the both of them.

In the Duckett case, I personally don't believe it was LE that put the pressure on Melinda -- I think Nancy Grace did quite a job of that herself. Source: wiki.com.

Grace interviewed Duckett less than two weeks after the child went missing, questioning her for her alleged lack of openness regarding her son's disappearance, asking Duckett "Where were you? Why aren't you telling us where you were that day?" Duckett appeared confused and was unable to answer whether or not she had taken a polygraph test. When Grace asked her why she could not account for specific details, Duckett began to reply, "Because I was told not to," to which Grace responded, "Ms. Duckett, you are not telling us for a reason. What is the reason? You refuse to give even the simplest facts of where you were with your son before he went missing. It is day twelve." According to the CNN transcript, Duckett replied, "(INAUDIBLE) with all media. It's not just there, just all media. Period." Grace then moved on to a media psychologist who asserted that Duckett was "skirting around the issue.

The next day, before the airing of the show, Duckett shot herself, a death that relatives claim was influenced by media scrutiny, particularly from Grace

In the Anthony case, I don't believe that LE made George, Lee, or Cindy an Agent for them. They were trying to find a missing child and would go to any length to do so. What is wrong with that? IMHO I think Baez's feelings are hurt because LE tried to go around them. I say kudos to LE, they wanted to find Caylee, pure and simple.

MOO

Mel

George Anthony did NOT like John Allen's testimony. He has that Anthony jaw clenching down pat.

click to enlarge
georgeagree.JPG

LDB's gonna pull out some sweet surprises for Cindy.

If they had just kept their traps shut she would have so much ammunition.

She's got the goods to prove Cindy a liar 10 ways to Sunday.

Can't wait. :)

I hope that since the defense was allowed to play the audio recording of George Anthony in the car with detectives and Lee Anthony's jail visit with detectives that LDB can play the phone message Cindy Anthony left for John Allen.

Wouldn't that be sweet justice!

I'm beginning to feel like this guy is some sort of security for the defense. I don't know why, but it seems like he always sits next to KC during breaks/recess. Making her feel important like she has her own bodyguard or something, JB?

You can bet he is not doing this for free.

Sorry Judge..Baez is not a Seasoned Attorney...but I know you were being nice...

Exactly. But he HAS been an attorney long enough to know proper courtroom decorum.... he just refuses to act appropriately.

JMHO

IMHO, and I don't profess to be in LE, or an attorney. If there is a missing child LE should do anything they can to get information as to the welfare of the missing child. Arresting someone isn't necessarily going to help at the get-go.

Like in the Cummings case - lots of pressure, no arrests, until it was obviously too late, and they (Ron and Misty) were arrested on drug charges.

In the Dunn case, LE is pitting Shawn against Billie right now in hopes someone will crack. Easily done by threating child *advertiser censored* charges against the both of them.

In the Duckett case, I personally don't believe it was LE that put the pressure on Melinda -- I think Nancy Grace did quite a job of that herself. Source: wiki.com.

Grace interviewed Duckett less than two weeks after the child went missing, questioning her for her alleged lack of openness regarding her son's disappearance, asking Duckett "Where were you? Why aren't you telling us where you were that day?" Duckett appeared confused and was unable to answer whether or not she had taken a polygraph test. When Grace asked her why she could not account for specific details, Duckett began to reply, "Because I was told not to," to which Grace responded, "Ms. Duckett, you are not telling us for a reason. What is the reason? You refuse to give even the simplest facts of where you were with your son before he went missing. It is day twelve." According to the CNN transcript, Duckett replied, "(INAUDIBLE) with all media. It's not just there, just all media. Period." Grace then moved on to a media psychologist who asserted that Duckett was "skirting around the issue.

The next day, before the airing of the show, Duckett shot herself, a death that relatives claim was influenced by media scrutiny, particularly from Grace

In the Anthony case, I don't believe that LE made George, Lee, or Cindy an Agent for them. They were trying to find a missing child and would go to any length to do so. What is wrong with that? IMHO I think Baez's feelings are hurt because LE tried to go around them. I say kudos to LE, they wanted to find Caylee, pure and simple.

MOO

Mel

My take is the miranda rights is not as big of a issue as the fact that they put her in handcuffs AND no miranda rights were read. I think if there was no handcuffing...there would not have been an issue and they could continue to use whatever means to find Caylee even if she was a suspect.

JP warned everyone yesterday that they better not be making any gestures etc., I hope JP says something to GA if he keeps this up.

Oh, what a dream come true if Mr. Anthony got bounced out onto his pastel, ummm......well, you know.

Give him a tad of a wake up call in the process while he bounces down the hallway like a rock skipping across a lake, a few times if it's had the right toss and angle and whip to it.
I know it would make me feel.........:great:

Let George have his moment. This is only a hearing... I can say with almost 100% accuracy that George and Cindy Anthony will NOT be allowed in court while other people are giving their testimony... 1) I do believe they will be recalled to the witness stand 2) their demeanor in court. They can not control and will not try to control their behavior. It is unfair to the jury to be distracted by such behavior and it could also influence the jury (for them or against them). It is also unfair to the witness giving their testimony to be distracted or even feel intimidated by their behavior.

Plus, I do believe that when it does come to trial... and they are claiming to be the "family of the victim" so that they could sit in on all the testimony... LDB will ask them again about their claims that Caylee is actually alive. She has Cindy on record during the 911 hearing and in her state deposition stating that Caylee is alive... and also in a letter to Casey. George and Lee Anthony have also stated this in their State depositions.

So let George have his moment. He only makes himself look bad.

I'm thinking the A's will be kept out of the entire trial.

Might have to be recalled at anytime ya know.

Judge won't, and shouldn't have any sympathy for them after this past few days, plus he knows they can't control themselves. The jury will be so distracted by their antics they'll miss important testimony. The 'rents are way too animated. And the SA will not get a fair trial if they're present. I think the SA is going to fight tooth and nail to keep them out. And rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname