2011.03.07 Motion Hearing - *Updated* Key Ruling In! See Motions Thread (sticky)

Well, the long awaited ruling may not come today, but there have been a slew of transcripts just released by the Clerk of the Court.

:great:

Personally, I don't care of the Universal Q&A gets tossed because it's just a re-hash of her lies, which she told in her first interview with Yuri at Hopespring, and again in her own handwriting. IMO, the Universal Q&A's only value is that KC admits she lied to LE, but the State will have no problems showing that KC is a liar via her handwritten statement (no nanny, jeff, etc) and her real life friends.

The Universal interview certainly won't make or break the case but I would like to see it come in from a standpoint of her being free to leave and her demeanor during questioning ... she was NOT intimidated or bullied as Mason would have us believe ... she agreed on tape she was free to go ...

Perry's caution to prevent appellate issues may come into play but I really don't think it would have any chance of being an issue or being the deciding factor in determining her guilt ... with or without it she will be found guilty but she went with them freely to help find her daughter and those words should come in ... IMO

I believe the Universal interview will be allowed in, because I do not think the defense proved that a "reasonable" person would have believed they were in "custody."

I will be very disappointed if Judge Perry decides to hide this interview from the jury. Because this is casey anthony at her best (worst) smoothly lying to the Detectives who were called by her family, to look for her daughter.

What does she do? She lies to them. The jury needs to hear it for themselves. At the end of this interview, she even jokes with Appie Wells over how uncomfortable the chairs they are sitting in are.

Oh yeah, the jurors need to hear this.

LOL just posted similar thoughts ...
I'll be disappointed too .. I think it's time that Perry makes a decision like this in favor of the prosecution and LE ... It will show the defense he's not going to be intimidated into ruling their way strictly to avoid an appellate issue ... he's already said he won't be and if it has to be tried twice so beit ...

I especially want the Universal interview to be heard, not because of all her lying, because the jury will have heard the extent of her lies before that. I want the jury to hear the interview because of what they WON'T hear:

Panic
Grief
Fear
Sorrow
Apprehension
Crying
Begging & Pleading for LE to do something, anything to find a missing child.

I guarantee every member of the jury will recall seeing on tv, many parents of missing children and seeing their tear streaked faces and hearing their shaking voices pleading for someone to return their child. The jury will also recall watching Susan Smith when her children went missing. They will draw comparisons in their mind.

I want the interview played to the jury.

LOL just posted similar thoughts ...
I'll be disappointed too .. I think it's time that Perry makes a decision like this in favor of the prosecution and LE ... It will show the defense he's not going to be intimidated into ruling their way strictly to avoid an appellate issue ... he's already said he won't be and if it has to be tried twice so beit ...

Sometimes we're just joined at the hip, doll!

:seeya:

Well, the long awaited ruling may not come today, but there have been a slew of transcripts just released by the Clerk of the Court.

:great:

Dear God, I just noticed that in the news sticky! That is a LOT of transcripts!

The jury will hear her smoothly lying to Yuri at Hopespring. I remember when I first heard it, I felt right away she was lying, because she couldn't remember anything important that would help: Juliette Lewis, no phone number for nanny, this person moved, that person moved, ooops, etc. Any time Yuri asked her for a detail, there was some reason she couldn't deliver. It just struck me as lies.

I know - right? She's an unbelievable <unusal person>. All the moving up north, down south, sim card this, sim card that. But what hits home is when she said "I work at Universal". Even going as far as saying "it was a normal day, on my way to work". She hadn's worked there in 2 years - did she think YM wouldn't look into it?

Nevermind the whole Juliette Lewis and JH lies. Those were very telling (let's see - I'll tell 2 people who don't even live in Florida". Yah, YM won't catch that will he?

I think the UStudios Q&A will probably be tossed. It won't matter much to me though (and to a Jury for that matter).

:banghead:

OMG between this and the UK basketball game , my nerves are shot !!

I'm torn because ,as much as I want the jury to hear the Universal interview while ICA listens,I know the defense will use it to attempt an appeal. I don't want them to have anything ,ANYTHING,when this is over. Find her guilty,sentence her and be done.
This family loves the attention. When this is done ,I pray the world will turn their attention somewhere else ,walk away and never give them another glance.

ETA: Ugh,take the spotlight off of JB ,too.I hope when people think of him in the future it goes like this "What was the name of that guy who defended that mom in FL who murdered her little girl.You know......the 31 days and Henkel Duct tape?????

Its been a pretty good while since I've listened to the Universal Studios recording, but I distinctly remember Mr. Melich telling Casey that the door was closed for privacy purposes only, that she was free to leave. He even had her clarify she understood these things, and agreed to their conversation being tape recorded.

And I remember thinking how well he had covered his own rear so to speak in doing these things. It never entered my mind that this recorded conversation had any chance of being thrown out at trial.

What exactly was done wrong during this?

I preemptively apologize for not being up to speed on these motions :(

Well, Casey knew from Yuri's taped interview at her home that she was not under arrest because he did ask her IF she would accompany them to the different places she mentioned. She willingly stated that she would. She was able to go back to her home after her ride with Yuri, take a shower, etc. with NO LE being present in her home until she was taken to Universal. The trip to Universal was after she had been home alone with her parents and had done all of those things.

Would a reasonable person believe he/she were under arrest after being at her own home to do those things???

I know the point is IF Casey felt she was in custody when that door was shut at Universal. Well, anyone who listened to the tape from that room at Universal knows that Casey was told she could leave at any time and asked about being recorded. There again, I just do not feel a reasonable person would feel he/she were in custody at that point. (LOL, I do not consider Casey a reasonable person to begin with and snickered when the word 'reasonable person' was used)

I do think that maybe Casey did feel the gig was up in that room at Universal, but knew full well the cuffs had not been slapped on her yet.

I think everything will be let in. If somehow it isn't, then let it serve as a message to all 'about to be arrested criminals' to use this as an excuse if need be to keep certain statements out.

MOO

I know - right? She's an unbelievable <unusal person>. All the moving up north, down south, sim card this, sim card that. But what hits home is when she said "I work at Universal". Even going as far as saying "it was a normal day, on my way to work". She hadn's worked there in 2 years - did she think YM wouldn't look into it?

Nevermind the whole Juliette Lewis and JH lies. Those were very telling (let's see - I'll tell 2 people who don't even live in Florida". Yah, YM won't catch that will he?

I think the UStudios Q&A will probably be tossed. It won't matter much to me though (and to a Jury for that matter).

:banghead:

Has anyone come to any conclusion as to why KC thinks that two homicide detectives are not going to check out every bit of her story. I realize she is a sociopath, but why does she think she can say it and they will go, oh, ok. End of story. Anyone, anyone???

Well, Casey knew from Yuri's taped interview at her home that she was not under arrest because he did ask her IF she would accompany them to the different places she mentioned. She willingly stated that she would. She was able to go back to her home, take a shower, etc. with NO LE being present in her home until she was taken to Universal. The trip to Universal was after she had been home alone with her parents and had done all of those things.

Would a reasonable person believe he/she were under arrest after being at her own home to do those things???

I know the point is IF Casey felt she was in custody when that door was shut at Universal. Well, anyone who listened to the tape from that room at Universal knows that Casey was told she could leave at any time and asked about being recorded. There again, I just do not feel a reasonable person would feel he/she were in custody at that point. (LOL, I do not consider Casey a reasonable person to begin with and snickered when the word 'reasonable person' was used)

I do think that maybe Casey did feel the gig was up in that room at Universal, but knew full well the cuffs had not been slapped on her yet.

I think everything will be let in. If somehow it isn't, then let it serve as a message to all 'about to be arrested criminals' to use this as an excuse if need be to keep certain statements out.

MOO

However, at the end of the Universal interview, I get the distinct impression that she feels she has "snowed" them all and apologizes, etc. She thinks she is fine then.

Has anyone come to any conclusion as to why KC thinks that two homicide detectives are not going to check out every bit of her story. I realize she is a sociopath, but why does she think she can say it and they will go, oh, ok. End of story. Anyone, anyone???

Why did Scott Peterson say "is that supposed to be me" when Det. Grogan showed him a pic of Scott with Amber Frey? Arrogance.

Because her parents bought it, hook, line and sinker. And still do today. Funny the only people who believe her story unconditionally are the very people she ignores in court. That should tell the jury something.

Its been a pretty good while since I've listened to the Universal Studios recording, but I distinctly remember Mr. Melich telling Casey that the door was closed for privacy purposes only, that she was free to leave. He even had her clarify she understood these things, and agreed to their conversation being tape recorded.

And I remember thinking how well he had covered his own rear so to speak in doing these things. It never entered my mind that this recorded conversation had any chance of being thrown out at trial.

What exactly was done wrong during this?

I preemptively apologize for not being up to speed on these motions :(
BBM

My opinions only...

No one ever told KC outright that she was free to leave. Though personally, I think it was implicit when he said the door was closed for privacy: 'Obviously the door isn't locked, we just closed it so we could have little bit of privacy' - which makes our brains fill in the blank, and that's why many of us heard *free to leave* which was never actually said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back