2011.03.07 Motion Hearing - *Updated* Key Ruling In! See Motions Thread (sticky)

I readily admit I am no sharp legal eagle.. but I would think if the police wanted information from somebody to assist in an ongoing investigation, they might want some privacy. I dunno.. might not even be for their own privacy.. might be for the sake of nitwit they are interviewing.

I think if she felt pinned in, caught, or that the jig was up.. she only felt that way because she is guilty.

If you take that same situation and put another witness in, I don't think there would be any question to the interview's admissibility.

So to me, its like saying the recording has to be thrown out because the detective asked Casey questions that made her uncomfortable? or something.

Thats really [expletive deleted] stupid.

BBM

My opinions only...

No one ever told KC outright that she was free to leave. Though personally, I think it was implicit when he said the door was closed for privacy: 'Obviously the door isn't locked, we just closed it so we could have little bit of privacy' - which makes our brains fill in the blank, and that's why many of us heard *free to leave* which was never actually said.

I'm sure that you're right, I probably did fill in the blanks on my own.

But I mean, the detective repeatedly asks her why she brought them here, you know, since the office isn't real and why she doesn't work there.

Why did she bring them there? That sort of implies a willingness to help and assist at least on the surface. And then some sort of invisible line was crossed and in her mind she was suddenly "in custody" because they shut the door?

I readily admit I am no sharp legal eagle.. but I would think if the police wanted information from somebody to assist in an ongoing investigation, they might want some privacy. I dunno.. might not even be for their own privacy.. might be for the sake of nitwit they are interviewing.

I think if she felt pinned in, caught, or that the jig was up.. she only felt that way because she is guilty.

If you take that same situation and put another witness in, I don't think there would be any question to the interview's admissibility.

So to me, its like saying the recording has to be thrown out because the detective asked Casey questions that made her uncomfortable? or something.

Thats really [expletive deleted] stupid.

Of course, poor casey was surrounded by 600 pounds of intimidating law enforcement, don't you know. All of whom she led on a wild goose chase. She was never afraid of them, she thought she had them snowed.

"You can have my computer in a heartbeat." at the end of the interview, after she apologized to them.

Arrogant and brassy to the end. imo.

Because her parents bought it, hook, line and sinker. And still do today. Funny the only people who believe her story unconditionally are the very people she ignores in court. That should tell the jury something.

I don't think they believed her,it was just easier to go along. To confront ICA would never end well,so just keep up the pretense.
George went to the sporting goods store because he was suspicious ICA did not work there.That upset Cindy because she wanted happy faces and Caylee.ICA had control of both. JMO

Oh I agree with you, KeyBoardCat, it's maddening isn't it? IMO, if KC said it, the jury should be allowed to hear it. All of it.

Has anyone come to any conclusion as to why KC thinks that two homicide detectives are not going to check out every bit of her story. I realize she is a sociopath, but why does she think she can say it and they will go, oh, ok. End of story. Anyone, anyone???

This is a great question -- I have been trying to figure this one out since the beginning.

I definitely agree that her parents are part of the reason, meaning they'd never held her feet to the fire for any reasonable explanations EVER. But I think it may go even deeper than that. I think where most normal first-time parents go through a kind-of "rapid" growth in maturity, Casey just never reached those milestones. That really puzzles me...and the only thing I can figure is that she took the role of big sister from the beginning. From everything I've seen, she had seemed to take on the role of babysitter/sibling, not mom. So, long and short of it (and I'm no physchologist, but) I think she stopped maturing at about 17. Never finishing high school, never getting a place of her own, never getting a full time job, etc....her maturity stopped. And with that (coupled with the fact her parents enabled her reckless behavior) she is an immature, incomplete 16-17 (at best) year old adolescent. And someone at that level cannot see past next week, let alone contemplate the year+ investigators are going to dig. Just my guess.

Yes it is maddening :(

I guess realistically, that recording isn't needed.

Could probably take her written statement, the 911 calls, the trunk and the evidence from where Caylee was found and get a good verdict.

but

I guess its the anger in me that wants all of it exposed for the jury

I'm sorry if I sound mad!

Yes it is maddening :(

I guess realistically, that recording isn't needed.

Could probably take her written statement, the 911 calls, the trunk and the evidence from where Caylee was found and get a good verdict.

but

I guess its the anger in me that wants all of it exposed for the jury

I'm sorry if I sound mad!
You don't sound mad; you sound frustrated by the situation. Perfectly understandable.

Has anyone come to any conclusion as to why KC thinks that two homicide detectives are not going to check out every bit of her story. I realize she is a sociopath, but why does she think she can say it and they will go, oh, ok. End of story. Anyone, anyone???

As some have said, she was used to lying her entire life (IMO), and not being challenged. I think she did it with her friends who either ignored it as silliness, or just quietly stopped being friends with her, and with her family who more often than not either covered for her and reinforced her lies when they wanted to preserve the family image, or who might have eventually bought what she was selling as that was the easier route when compared with having to hold her accountable. In short, casey was just used to having her lies believed.

I'm with you guys, I think all of it is coming in.

I wish this were so but I believe the judge will give the defense a bone. Also, I think the statements at Universal were probably protected in large part by Miranda, at least once the investigators began accusing her of lying and stating she knew what happened to Caylee and that Caylee was likely "in a better place". I liked the state's arguments in favor of including the Universal interview but when I heard that interview, alarm bells kept ringing for me and all I could keep thinking was, "when are they going to Mirandize her. Come on guys!" So, my instinct was that it was improper.

We'll see. But the good thing is that her callousness and incredible lies will be easy to see in other statements and in her phone calls and jail visits. And I think those taped visits are definitely coming in. Just remember: "Oh my God. Calling you guys, a waste. A huge waste...That's [expletive] because I just watched the [expletive] news and heard everything my Mom said. Nobody in my own family is on my side. They just want Caylee back. That's all they're worried about right now is getting Caylee back." Yeah, we really don't need Universal.

This is a great question -- I have been trying to figure this one out since the beginning.

I definitely agree that her parents are part of the reason, meaning they'd never held her feet to the fire for any reasonable explanations EVER. But I think it may go even deeper than that. I think where most normal first-time parents go through a kind-of "rapid" growth in maturity, Casey just never reached those milestones. That really puzzles me...and the only thing I can figure is that she took the role of big sister from the beginning. From everything I've seen, she had seemed to take on the role of babysitter/sibling, not mom. So, long and short of it (and I'm no physchologist, but) I think she stopped maturing at about 17. Never finishing high school, never getting a place of her own, never getting a full time job, etc....her maturity stopped. And with that (coupled with the fact her parents enabled her reckless behavior) she is an immature, incomplete 16-17 (at best) year old adolescent. And someone at that level cannot see past next week, let alone contemplate the year+ investigators are going to dig. Just my guess.

But is this NATURE vs. NURTURE? Sorry for the OT, but my DD is in college and has a friend who has a baby. Not married, living at home with her parents. My daughter told me a story the other day about how this young mom goes to school full time, works a job and rarely gets to go out and about. My daugher said this girl doesn't party, etc. She said they all went to dinner the other night and this girl took the baby who happily napped in a baby seat through dinner. The entire time her phone was ringing. It was the "grandmother" saying ...you need to come home, it's too late to have the baby out....blah, blah, blah. OMG -- OF COURSE I immediately thought of Cindy. The young mom feels helpless because she has to finish school in order to be able to get out on her own and support her baby vs. living with her controlling parents.
But if you have someone like KC......that is a deadly combination. KC lied to get out of the house. KC killed her child to get out of the house. But what makes different people act differently in similar circumstances? Scary stuff.

No decision yet? :banghead:

Tomorrow... tomorrow... I love ya... tomorrow... you're only a day awayyyyy.

Nope, not working. :banghead:

As some have said, she was used to lying her entire life (IMO), and not being challenged. I think she did it with her friends who either ignored it as silliness, or just quietly stopped being friends with her, and with her family who more often than not either covered for her and reinforced her lies when they wanted to preserve the family image, or who might have eventually bought what she was selling as that was the easier route when compared with having to hold her accountable. In short, casey was just used to having her lies believed.

I wish this were so but I believe the judge will give the defense a bone. Also, I think the statements at Universal were probably protected in large part by Miranda, at least once the investigators began accusing her of lying and stating she knew what happened to Caylee and that Caylee was likely "in a better place". I liked the state's arguments in favor of including the Universal interview but when I heard that interview, alarm bells kept ringing for me and all I could keep thinking was, "when are they going to Mirandize her. Come on guys!" So, my instinct was that it was improper.

We'll see. But the good thing is that her callousness and incredible lies will be easy to see in other statements and in her phone calls and jail visits. And I think those taped visits are definitely coming in. Just remember: "Oh my God. Calling you guys, a waste. A huge waste...That's [expletive] because I just watched the [expletive] news and heard everything my Mom said. Nobody in my own family is on my side. They just want Caylee back. That's all they're worried about right now is getting Caylee back." Yeah, we really don't need Universal.

My opinion is based on my view that I just don't see how a reasonable person under the circumstances could have believed that their freedom of movement was deprived in a significant way. Not at the house, not in the car rides, not at Universal. I don't buy the argument that an appellate court would find that anytime a 'comparatively smaller' individual is being questioned by "600 lbs" of LE that the 'smaller' individual would believe they were not free to terminate the questioning and leave. JMHO. PS I also don't believe this particular judge will give anyone a "bone". I think he will follow the letter of the law and he sees it applied to the particular facts of this case.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SyH8-6Pho[/ame]

at 5:46:

John Allen: You're here willingly, right?

Casey: Mmhmm

John Allen: You're here to try to help, right?

Casey: Oh absolutely.

John Allen: Your whole reason for talking to us is to try to help, right?

Casey: Mmhmm.

John Allen: Nobody's FORCING you to talk to us, right?

Casey: No!

John Allen: You're here because... you called, you want us to help find your daughter, right?

John Allen: .... YOU drove ME all the way out here, we walked from the gate back here on the way to your office, right?

No decision yet? :banghead:

Tomorrow... tomorrow... I love ya... tomorrow... you're only a day awayyyyy.

Nope, not working. :banghead:

I hope we get it tomorrow! I know Judge Perry originally said the end of this week, but if he is not done making his ruling, we could have to wait into next week. I know, perish the thought! I am going to think positive and believe that we will get Judge Perry's ruling tomorrow!

maybe the Judge will wait until the end of March at the start of the Frye hearings?

Sorry if this has been posted or is in the wrong place:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-e...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wesh+2+news

Casey To Lee: I Was Read My Rights
Lead Investigator Claims She Was Never Read Miranda Rights

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony said in her own words she was read her Miranda rights, despite recent testimony from the lead investigator in the case, who said he'd never read Anthony her rights.

The statement could be key. Judge Belvin Perry is expected to rule by the end of the week on whether or not some of Anthony's initial statements to law enforcement will be allowed at the trial.

more at the link

Posted on Facebook: "Casey says to Lee she WAS read her Miranda rights. Judge Perry's decision expected tomorrow on her initial statements."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back