2011.03.30- LE is waiting on evidence in crime lab before going to Grand Jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they meant the "bunch" to be SA family. But wasn't it said that there were quite a few people in and out of the house that had "access to the computer"? So, do they have private FB pages?

Not much said from his side...did they speak at all in the beginning?

JMO

Not a peep, except from the cousin.

FB rumor stays in the Parking LOT!!!!!! Please and Thanks.

Name calling :nono:

The silence of the POIs is ear-shattering. After all this time and no arrests...if I were someone who'd been named a POI and was innocent, I'd be demanding that LE put up or shut up and let me get on with my life. Instead, we are hearing nuthin but C City crickets.

Starting to feel like this will be one of those cases where 2 years later we are still sitting here waiting for something to happen and wondering where Hailey is.
:(

Starting to feel like this will be one of those cases where 2 years later we are still sitting here waiting for something to happen and wondering where Hailey is.

Almost two years in the Lindsey Baum case. I pray this won't be the case with Hailey.

These are terribly frustrating cases because someone knows where Hailey is. People should speak up. They will not go un-noticed by LE forever... if they even are now.

Sadly, it has been almost...

15 years since JonBenet Ramsey was murdered
6 years since Natalee Holloway vanished
1 year since Kyron Horman disappeared
2 years since Haleigh Cummings and Lindsey Baum vanished
3 years since Skylar and Taylor were murdered
6 months since Hailey Dunn went missing

And those are just the cases who have forums here; think of all the other unsolved cases out there.

Shouldn't the crime lab evidence be back by now? I have no idea how long that takes but geewizz.
Hailey disappeared on Dec. 27th/28th depending on who one believes. She's been missing 3 months and 22 days. Yet there's been no arrest for the child *advertiser censored* and no arrest for her disappearane.
Surely LE has some solid evidence.
I just hate that SA and whoever else is involved--is walking around free when CP was found on Shawn's computer. imo

Shouldn't the crime lab evidence be back by now? I have no idea how long that takes but geewizz.
Hailey disappeared on Dec. 27th/28th depending on who one believes. She's been missing 3 months and 22 days. Yet there's been no arrest for the child *advertiser censored* and no arrest for her disappearane.
I just hate that SA and whoever else is involved--is walking around free when CP was found on Shawn's computer. imo

It was his mom's and Gma's computer. I think that's the problem....narrowing it down to his activities...or rather who was downloading or looking at the CP. Can you imagine the atomosphere in those houses?

And those are just the cases who have forums here; think of all the other unsolved cases out there.

In May it will be 34 years since my cousin's murder.

Not even an official POI in her case.

Actually that is almost a good thing. At least we don't have a specific person to be angry that they have been walking around for 34 years... it is a John Doe.

My family was also extremely fortunate, my cousin was dead within 2 hours, only missing 48 hours.

I can only imagine how much harder it would be to believe you KNEW who took your child and know they were walking free for years. While you did not even know where your child was. If they were dead, alive, being tortured, being cared for...

That's why I have such a hard time when cases like Hailey's and Kyron's start to go longer... I get this frantic sense of urgency. The longer it goes... the further away you get from justice...

Everyone deserves justice.

Many of the PD's that I know of, investigating these sorts of cases, utilize this technology:
http://www.cellebrite.com/forensic-products.html (not an advertisement, btw- just what a lot of depts use)
BUT many rural areas do not have access to this, and often have to physically move devices to a 'central' crime lab that is frequently hours away (and usually very backed up, sadly.)

MOO, but I think that's probably the issue with the wait in this case.

I dunno Oriah I had to go to court as a witness in a case and it was pretty quick from start to finish. Same type of case . Lot of people using the same the PC. The device the *advertiser censored* was on was stolen then turn over to me by the theif and I turned it in. So the evidence had left a few peopes hands. I was able to aviod looking at the worst images due to I was just confirming obscene images before turning it over and once I hit the first picture that did that I stopped looking.

I think these pictures my be harder to confirm then what I was dealing with (4 and 5 year olds) Other wise I think they would split the CP up and use some in 2 cases. Like a thumb drive in a different case and then a memory card in a possible murder trial. I think they would get him locked up asap if they were able too.

Or the CP will become part of a murder trial and listed as evidence for that trial and not so much a stand alone case. IMO

It's odd too, with every report of a missing child/person, I am optimistic that they will be found safe and sound....and then time marches on.

Finding this *advertiser censored* could have initiated another bigger investigation into maybe a *advertiser censored* ring. This also might be an on going investigation to learn who the child was in the *advertiser censored*, and that maybe be difficult to do. This isn't the TV show "Crime Scene" and I know you all know that, just stating for my benefit. Takes a long time to not only pull the data off these drives but then to sort them out, then to follow tips on them, cross reference them with maybe FBI data..blah blah blah.

I dunno Oriah I had to go to court as a witness in a case and it was pretty quick from start to finish. Same type of case . Lot of people using the same the PC. The device the *advertiser censored* was on was stolen then turn over to me by the theif and I turned it in. So the evidence had left a few peopes hands. I was able to aviod looking at the worst images due to I was just confirming obscene images before turning it over and once I hit the first picture that did that I stopped looking.

I think these pictures my be harder to confirm then what I was dealing with (4 and 5 year olds) Other wise I think they would split the CP up and use some in 2 cases. Like a thumb drive in a different case and then a memory card in a possible murder trial. I think they would get him locked up asap if they were able too.

Or the CP will become part of a murder trial and listed as evidence for that trial and not so much a stand alone case. IMO

Well I think you are right about that possibility, soul. I also think this is a situation where there might be many individuals involved, and it does take time to sort through images of what may or may not be a child. And when there is the concurrent possibility of several other very serious crimes involving the same individuals- well, I think it gets complicated and takes more time.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It seems like this is an epidemic these days. :(
I had somewhat of a similar experience: while helping a friend set up a computer in her new home (recently divorced, and with children) she handed me an external hard drive that she thought had family photos stored on it. The drive was sent from her ex's office as part of the divorce settlement.

Suffice to say- they were not family photos.

That was over a year ago. I'm still waiting to hear ANYTHING about the victims or possible perpetrators- and I know the people investigating!

So not to ramble- but I think there are a lot of things going on with Hailey's case.

Has the local media stopped covering this case? It appears as though they are not even contacting LE and asking questions.

DA has not rec'd evidence of CP. I think LE is still plowing thru it all and all the connections.

http://173.192.100.200/content/dunn-case-da-hasnt-received-*advertiser censored*-evidence

DA has not rec'd evidence of CP. I think LE is still plowing thru it all and all the connections.

http://173.192.100.200/content/dunn-case-da-hasnt-received-*advertiser censored*-evidence

I liked this quote from the article

"It also depends whether or not the feds want it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members