2011.04.06 Frye Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, lets waste the courts time when they are already having money problems...great idea!

ETA- I have the state seal of FL memorized!

The area that must be "right clicked" is just at the top of the same window that the video plays in, not in Firefox or Google Chrome.

When you go to the links that open a "media player" window, wait until the video starts and then right click the top of the frame of that video. That is where you choose "more options" and then "keep Now player on top of all windows".

I hope this helps.

IT WORKED!!! --- the right click bar on mine was in the "now playing".....IF that helps....

Someone mentioned that Logan is testifying today. Is this the scientist that was fired from his job as director of a state lab for unethical practices in relation to DIU testing? Do I have this right?

I thought that was Dr. Fairgrieve? :waitasec:

It was Logan. He had started his testimony at the end of the last hearing. Remember DS was supposed to work out the static on the "hard phone" line.

Morning everyone! :)
Whew, just woke up a few minutes ago and thought I was going to miss the opening....but I see court is in recess for now due to DT not quite being prepared......time enough to get a cup of coffee......

Unprepared as usual...how well does this sit after yesterday's "I'm all in" from Baez....how 'in' is he if he can't even manage his court hearings...they needed to inform the court that a video hook up was needed for today's testimony...and this makes him a good attorney, how??? :banghead:

Justice for Caylee

I thought that was Dr. Fairgrieve? :waitasec:

Nope - for sure it was Dr. Logan

Here is the article
http://www.corpus-delicti.com/forensic_mis.html

In April of 2008, the WA State Forensic Investigations Council (FIC) wrote a report condemning the fraud of Logan's subordinates at the crime labe. However it would not hold Logan himself accountible, falling quite short of exonnerating him of fraud when stating: "We are not unmindful of the criticism of Dr. Logan by a number of judges in the above-cited opinions. However, everyone who supervises a large number of employees, which does not include the aforementioned judges, realizes that sometimes employees do not follow the rules, do not follow directives and do not follow the law. If this is done in a manner which is not readily apparent, the results can be disastrous. That is exactly what happened here. The captain of the ship ultimately is always responsible, but it does not mean that he was asleep at the helm or was complicit in the activities of the employee or employees." The FIC, comprised of appointees from the law enforcement community with a mandate to preserve and protect the lab, essentially ignored the judges findings of Logan's fraud and refused to hold Logan accountible for even his negligent conduct - hiring a fraud, failing to adeqautely supervise her, and requiring an anonymous tip to bring misconduct at the lab to his attention.

It was Logan. He had started his testimony at the end of the last hearing. Remember DS was supposed to work out the static on the "hard phone" line.

Right. I meant the one who had been fired, I thought was Dr. Fairgrieve, and not Logan.

One has to wonder if or when DCS was informed she was in charge of setting up everything for the first witness.

*wonders*:waitasec:

Tech all set -- just waiting on Judge (per hot mic)

Right. I meant the one who had been fired, I thought was Dr. Fairgrieve, and not Logan.

No Logan is the DUI guy. I remember because he is from around here and there was just a news story about Philly DUI devices not being calibrated and I thought Uh Oh. He was the head of a crime lab in I thought WA State and now he's at a lab in Willow Grove.

ETA: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/15643687.html

Just seeing Mason now at the prisoner's door talking to someone behind the door.

If you guys notice that you are missing any posts during this defense-induced recess :)rolleyes:), check the sidebar thread in a little bit. I will review and probably move a few over to keep this one focused on the hearing...or, considering the current state, non-hearing.

Feed is off of the seal. Mason is there now.

The screen on top is not under my options.

I see Mason is present...I also wonder if the court officers allow CA to visit with ICA while court is in recess??

One has to wonder if or when DCS was informed she was in charge of setting up everything for the first witness.

*wonders*:waitasec:

One has to also wonder if JB overslept and told DS to convienently forget to set everything up on time.

IMO this is a thinly disguised ruse due to CM being late (and possibly JB if he shows up today). I see CM is there now. How convenient that court is in recess and he didn't miss anything.

They don't fool me for 1 minute with their games, and I predict they will never fool a jury either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C