2011.04.12 Adam Baker Arrested

anyone know what the T shirt says in mug shot???

This may sound odd to some, but I see:

I-R-O-N-Y

Perfect, actually since it means: an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

LOL

Mel

This may sound odd to some, but I see:

I-R-O-N-Y

Perfect, actually since it means: an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

LOL

Mel

Funny, I thought BRONX, seen your post and went back to look. It could be either! lol

He's supposed to be in court tomorrow. Wonder if he'll post bail........:waitasec:

Adam Baker is being held on a $10,000 secured bond on the new charges and is expected in District Court in Newton on Wednesday.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14433206

Was it his mother who posted bail last time for him? Does "secured bond" mean the poster of the bond pays no cash up front but has to show assets that would be able to cover the amount?

Can a non resident of the US post bail for someone?

Zahra Baker's father goes to jail and will stay there

Immigration officials have also placed a detainer on Baker, meaning even if he posts the $10,000 bond, he will remain in custody. Baker has been living in the United States illegally, according to Catawba County jail officials.

Adam Baker stood silently in a green jail uniform as the judge read the charges. Hickory Attorney Mark Killian was appointed as his defense lawyer.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/13/2220439/adam-baker-goes-to-jail-and-will.html

:)

He cannot be bailed out it seems.

At the end of the day for me is the fact that AB had no idea when he actually last saw his own daughter. He threw out multiple dates and situations.

Truth don't change, right?

These charges are to prevent the passport meeting-I totally agree with that theory.

Well thank GOD for that! Oh, this is probably the first time where I'm glad someone didn't go the legal route to stay in the USA legally. Many of you know my DH is from the UK, and the amount of money and time we spent for him to be a permanent resident was ridic! My goodness he's been here 14 years now :)

On top of that, he just had to go get new fingerprints and ID photo/card to the tune of $450.00 (yah, like we had that sitting around). But I can see why some just ignore the process - it's daunting.

In this case, I'm glad ol' Pa Baker chose to be an <unusual person>!

I also don't think OZ would want him back anyway!

MOO

Mel

Finally.
AB can try to run but clearly LE have him in their sights and I hope they'll keep throwing the 'petty' stuff at him until they have what they need to throw something more serious at him.

Well thank GOD for that! Oh, this is probably the first time where I'm glad someone didn't go the legal route to stay in the USA legally. Many of you know my DH is from the UK, and the amount of money and time we spent for him to be a permanent resident was ridic! My goodness he's been here 14 years now :)

On top of that, he just had to go get new fingerprints and ID photo/card to the tune of $450.00 (yah, like we had that sitting around). But I can see why some just ignore the process - it's daunting.

In this case, I'm glad ol' Pa Baker chose to be an <unusual person>!

I also don't think OZ would want him back anyway!

MOO

Mel

As another who went the legal (AND complicated AND expensive) immigration route ITA!

I think Adam looks good in his bright green jail jumpsuit:innocent: (even tho he doesn't seem to like it:yuck:)-I hope he gets to wear it for quite a while!!:fence:

Adam Baker somber in court appearance on felonies

As Baker walked into the courtroom in lime green scrubs, chains clanking around his ankles and wrists, he surveyed the courtroom and sighed. He sat into the jury box and waited for the judge to call his name on the docket. He did not look at his mother, Karen, who was sitting in the last row of the gallery with a friend.

Mullinax read the two new charges Baker is facing: one count of felony identity theft and one count of felony obtaining property by false pretense.

&#8220;The maximum possible punishment is 30 months,&#8221; District Court Judge Robert Mullinax told Baker

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...r-somber-court-appearance-felonies-ar-945533/

I wonder if his mom is going to stay here till all this is over now. It has got to be tuff financially and emotionally for her. I also wonder why he did not look at her in the courtroom, I would look at my mom if I was in shackles in a courtroom, for a little smile or a nod and reasurance that she was there for me.

Also snipped from MSM link above:

"We got the court order in January (on the charges),&#8221; said Maj. Clyde Deal with the Hickory Police Department. &#8220;There&#8217;s a lot more to this than people think.&#8221;

Baker was placed under an immigration detainer by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at the jail Tuesday evening.

Deal said investigators have known for a few months Baker was in the country illegally and intended to bring illegal immigration charges to a Catawba County grand jury, with the hopes it would indict Baker.

&#8220;Our intent to start with was to indict,&#8221; Deal said. &#8220;We didn&#8217;t know if he was going to be here to indict. &#8220;We served the warrants to ensure he would be here when the indictments were served. If he&#8217;s out of the country, it doesn&#8217;t make sense.&#8221;

BBM:

I have been thinking there is a lot more to this. The timing is strange. Why wait so long to charge, unless they wanted him out on the streets so they could watch him and wait for some kind of slip up or wait on more evidence in the investigation into Zahra's death. And it was not like he was going anywhere in the next few days, his next court date was not until June before this, and they have his passport. And his lawyer said he would not be pleading guilty to the threat charges, which means a trial date would have been set. so did they not have atleast a few months before they had to worry about him leaving the country.

Confused but giddy!

Also snipped from MSM link above:

"We got the court order in January (on the charges),&#8221; said Maj. Clyde Deal with the Hickory Police Department. &#8220;There&#8217;s a lot more to this than people think.&#8221;

Baker was placed under an immigration detainer by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at the jail Tuesday evening.

Deal said investigators have known for a few months Baker was in the country illegally and intended to bring illegal immigration charges to a Catawba County grand jury, with the hopes it would indict Baker.

&#8220;Our intent to start with was to indict,&#8221; Deal said. &#8220;We didn&#8217;t know if he was going to be here to indict. &#8220;We served the warrants to ensure he would be here when the indictments were served. If he&#8217;s out of the country, it doesn&#8217;t make sense.&#8221;

BBM:

I have been thinking there is a lot more to this. The timing is strange. Why wait so long to charge, unless they wanted him out on the streets so they could watch him and wait for some kind of slip up or wait on more evidence in the investigation into Zahra's death. And it was not like he was going anywhere in the next few days, his next court date was not until June before this, and they have his passport. And his lawyer said he would not be pleading guilty to the threat charges, which means a trial date would have been set. so did they not have atleast a few months before they had to worry about him leaving the country.

Confused but giddy!

BBM

Exactly. And that he did. Much more to come. In MOO, of course ;)

Justice about to be served...

^

Noetic, you always seem to keep the faith. And when I start to lose mine, I can always count on your posts to give me a little renewal of that faith.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back