2011.05.02 ~ Day Six of the Trial - IT & other forensics evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seeing an uptick in "OMG what if he walks" posts over on the stltoday.com site. Not sure why? Defense is trying to offer Keith as a viable SODDI candidate but Keith is alibi'ed as one witness testified last week--so why are they still barking up that tree?

There us such an arrogance to this defense....the presumption by Chris and his family that they'd give it a shot so he might walk.

And it just takes one. I fear that he might walk too. Imagine how it would be for Sheri's family to watch Chris and Tara drive off into the sunset with the insurance money and maybe a book deal..Oprah appearances.

It's devastating to think of...but that's what the Coleman family is hoping for. The final indignity to their unwanted daughter-in-law/wife and expendable grandchildren/children.

I am seeing an uptick in "OMG what if he walks" posts over on the stltoday.com site. Not sure why? Defense is trying to offer Keith as a viable SODDI candidate but Keith is alibi'ed as one witness testified last week--so why are they still barking up that tree?

Honestly I see a lot of people over there that haven't followed it as closely just trying to rile each other up. Offering the brother up as the sacrificial SODDI is laughable, and if the jury is smart they won't buy into it.

Thanks peeps... Got myself nervous there for a sec.

I avoid that place like the plague... all they ever do on any news subject is fight, degrade each other's opinions, state incorrect facts, and generally act like idiots. Entertaining to read at times, but not worth the time to try to defeat the idiots.

Cell phone calls logged on the JB bridge at 6:42 & 6:43... from the JB bridge it would have only taken him 7 minutes to arrive home at the most. The AT&T expert said CC's phone pinged off a tower in Dupo and he had to be north of Dupo for that tower to ping his phone because the receiver points north and only picks phones up that are north of the tower. Evidence that he did indeed drive around waiting for LE to find the bodies.

Hi Brian...

Good to see you, hmmm the trim, what trim?

Maybe there is pollen stuck to it that indicates it was in the place where the DVD stuff was found?

I remember the video of them taking the trim from Chris's car. Around the driver's side window I think.

http://fmatlas.com/view/News-Democrat/20110502_050211colemancell

Cell phone ping map. I'm kind of confused about the second & third call. Why is the second call (6:43a.m.) a minute later towards the gym than the third call (6:42a.m.)on the bridge? Did he drive back & forth across the bridge before deciding to go back on the Illinois side and head north to Dupo? It's a bit strange to me.

ETA: Their map doesn't match the story... second call should be 6:34 not 6:43.. so never mind. The first call at 5:43 a.m. on May 5, 2009, was east of Columbia, at the time Coleman left the house and headed to Gold's Gym in south St. Louis for a morning workout.

His next call came at 6:34 a.m., west of Interstate 55 and north of Interstate 255 in Missouri. The third call was at 6:42 a.m., south of Interstate 255 and just west of the Jefferson Barracks Bridge that leads across the Mississippi River and back to Columbia.
The fourth call was at 6:53 a.m. and was somewhere north of Interstate 255 near Dupo.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/05/02/1693172/coleman-murder-trial-testimony.html#ixzz1LEpfmf3Y

He sure didn't shower away evidence... I mean workout very long.

Monday, jurors saw an e-mail message: "I will kill them all while they sleep." It was sent to Coleman and several employees at Joyce Meyer Ministries, where Coleman was security chief, on Nov. 14, 2008, from "destroychris@gmail.com."

The e-mail was sent a short time after Coleman noted on his computer that he'd started a relationship with Tara Lintz, his wife's good friend and the motive behind the murders, prosecutors said.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/05/02/1693172/coleman-murder-trial-testimony.html#ixzz1LErCcLi2

Monday, jurors saw an e-mail message: "I will kill them all while they sleep." It was sent to Coleman and several employees at Joyce Meyer Ministries, where Coleman was security chief, on Nov. 14, 2008, from "destroychris@gmail.com."

The e-mail was sent a short time after Coleman noted on his computer that he'd started a relationship with Tara Lintz, his wife's good friend and the motive behind the murders, prosecutors said.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/05/02/1693172/coleman-murder-trial-testimony.html#ixzz1LErCcLi2

WOW! That's new! How did the mysterious SODDI know to send the first threat right after Chris started sleeping with Tara. Impressive :loser:

Indefinite break in #colemantrial moving so fast they're now waiting on more witnesses. Could wrap by 2yr anniversary on Thur? #KSDK

#colemantrial case moving quicker than anyone expected. Closing arguments could go Tuesday/Wednesday. @fox2now

WOW! So does this mean the prosecution has rested? Waiting on defense witnesses?
BBM

Appears the defense isn't going to put on much of a case. Of course, there isn't much they can do except try to throw some innocent person under the proverbial bus.......

MOO

If it was the brother, Keith, why would he threaten to kill the family if Chris continued to work for JMM? Those two "reasonable doubts" don't really match, do they? Did I get the details wrong?

MOO

Must be the absence of foreign DNA so they have to try to make a family member the "real killer" since they probably realize it would take quite a leap to discredit the lack of DNA evidence. MOO

BBM Am I correct in thinking this was a message CC sent himself? I'm shocked at the message, but also stunned by the date. Wow, cold as ice. It seems this is going to be easy for the jurors to figure out. In my Mom's wording, Guilty as Sin.

To anything thinking he could walk-remember, the jury would have to vote 12-0 that he's not guilty...not likely...the greater risk is a mistrial where there's some stubborn juror who won't go with the rest and it's 11-1 or 10-2. Even that possibility is slim...99% chance of a guilty verdict and I bet it comes quick...

It is amazing to me that he is so stupid with his mistakes in this. It's like he planned as he went and didn't think about what he was going to do next until it was time to do it. Just makes me wonder where he falls on the IQ scale.

BBM Am I correct in thinking this was a message CC sent himself? I'm shocked at the message, but also stunned by the date. Wow, cold as ice. It seems this is going to be easy for the jurors to figure out. In my Mom's wording, Guilty as Sin.

From the date of that e-mail to the date of the murders it certainly didn't appear to be spontaneous or an 'act of passion'. Looking back, think how sad it was that for months Sheri, Gavin and Garrett's fate was sealed and they had no clue. :cry: MOO

It is amazing to me that he is so stupid with his mistakes in this. It's like he planned as he went and didn't think about what he was going to do next until it was time to do it. Just makes me wonder where he falls on the IQ scale.

Average at best....

I was thinking the same thing today! Only I don't feel he planned it as he went along. I believe he concocted this huge, elaborate plan over months and STILL made one stooooopid mistake after another. What a dunce! I wish there could be extra charges just for being such an idiot!

Here we go...

About the threat letter...

>>"I will kill them all while they sleep," said the e-mail sent Nov. 14, 2008 -- five months before Sheri Coleman and her sons Garett, 11, and Gavin, 9, were found strangled in their beds at their Columbia home.<<

The threat email was sent from a "destroychris" gmail account.

When, where and by whom was that gmail account created?

>>Ken Wojtowicz, a Granite City police officer and Major Case Squad member, testified that the e-mail address "destroychris@gmail.com" was created on Nov. 14 on a Dell laptop owned by Coleman.<<

Where was Chris on the day that email account was created? Where was Chris' brother when that email account was created? Where was the computer? If his brother wasn't sitting at that computer, who was? Do you suppose someone remotely accessed that computer and then created that email account? What remote access login and password did they use to login? Or was this a stealth deal -- they hacked the machine?

Yeah yeah yeah... Someone hacked that machine, created that account while in it, then sent the threat. You can bet that all of the surrounding questions have been asked and answered. That email account was created "by Chris" at Chris' machine, and the threat was written "by Chris" and sent "by Chris."

From the date of that e-mail to the date of the murders it certainly didn't appear to be spontaneous or an 'act of passion'. Looking back, think how sad it was that for months Sheri, Gavin and Garrett's fate was sealed and they had no clue. :cry: MOO

I know what you mean. :cry: Makes me wish I could go back in time and warn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven