2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have also had evidence presented that we haven't seen/heard. Even those who attended court haven't seen all of the photos.

Thats why I am hoping the jury will speak afterwards and tell us how they came to their conclusion.

Kelly

Maybe the jurors plan on a long lunch first ... clear their heads and then agree to work a serious 24X7 over the weekend? Who knows ...

Are they planning on working tomorrow? Since Mother's Day is Sunday, I would assume they wouldn't work over the weekend. Personally, I don't want them to because I dont want to be neurotic about being tied to my texts and computer.

My two cents, but the request for a 2-hour lunch break could mean one of two things: could be that they know it's cinco de mayo and restaurants will be busy and lunch may take longer (or that they have errands to run at lunch)

-OR- it could mean that they are very close to a verdict, plan to get there just before lunch, and want to take a long lunch to think it over and be absolutely sure.

some of us overheard someone in the court talking about a special occasion luncheon today...I am not going to divulge who said it ...because it was eavesdropping and they left the mikes on by mistake...some on the board heard it

Plus they bring their lunches from what I overheard also

Anyone have an opinion on who was the best witness for the State and

who was the best witness for the defense?

Best witness for the state was obvious the FBI computer forensic guy

For the defense, I'll nominate Mrs. Cooper. One of the few witnesses that actually presented a different side of BC in those days post July 12th.

Are they planning on working tomorrow? Since Mother's Day is Sunday, I would assume they wouldn't work over the weekend. Personally, I don't want them to because I dont want to be neurotic about being tied to my texts and computer.

They haven't worked any weekends yet just Mon-Fri

The first one was a Tuesday. Brad indicated in his deposition that he often worked late hours and would then go to the gym after and get home after everyone was in bed. This could have been a pick up on the way home for him. The April date was on Sunday morning. That also could have been on the way home after being out at a party or get together at a friend's house.

Or it could have just been when he went. I do the "coupon shopping" for our family (love me some couponmom.com and savvydollar.org), and mainly do it at Harris Teeter. I usually go after midnight because the store is completely empty. No lines, no people...it's nice.

For the defense, I'll nominate Mrs. Cooper. One of the few witnesses that actually presented a different side of BC in those days post July 12th.

I thought Mr. Rentz for the State was their best witness.

I will agree Mrs. C did a very good job on the stand as well.

Kelly

I think they are going to go hardcore to be done by 5pm tomorrow. Which makes the request for the long lunch break confusing as all that does add more time to not deliberating.

I keep thinking they will decide one way or another and then I think of how polarizing this case is and how any 12 people can decide unanimously on anything.

Is this the guy that presented the google map?

I can't imagine this jury working week-ends. I'll be surprised if they will even deliberate all day tomorrow. This has been a strange trial (juror wise IMO)

Or it could have just been when he went. I do the "coupon shopping" for our family (love me some couponmom.com and savvydollar.org), and mainly do it at Harris Teeter. I usually go after midnight because the store is completely empty. No lines, no people...it's nice.

I remember those days vividly. My children were well behaved but I would shop later if I could so I did not have to take them and I could shop a little more budget minded.

Late night shopping is actually not as strange as it appears imho!

Kelly

That makes complete sense but I would imagine that someone would find more than 2 occassions when you shopped at those hours.

For what it's worth, I'm back at NG. The more time I have to think the more I change my mind.

Why's that? I find myself doing just the opposite for some reason. I'll be at peace with either to be honest. I can see either way. But because of that, I think NG is more just since I'd have to be 100% convinced no doubt about it before I could pull the G lever on someone's life...

It could also be that they are 10-2 or 11-1 NG and they are trying to convince the hold outs to remove their BDI glasses. There's really no way to know for sure.

This is my guess as well. I can see 1 or 2 jurors saying,

"but why was he up that early buying laundry detergent"
"it wasn't even the brand they used" (JA testimony sticking in someone's head)

The DEF exhibits requested would answer those. I can't think of another reason for the jury requesting those 2 records specifically and none of the State's records re: HT purchases.

What's really interesting is that they have not requested anything (at least yet) related to computer forensics. If they were all sold on the google map, there is no need for these BJ and HT records is there?

I remember those days vividly. My children were well behaved but I would shop later if I could so I did not have to take them and I could shop a little more budget minded.

Late night shopping is actually not as strange as it appears imho!

Kelly

Have shopped many times doing Thanksgiving & Christmas at these times and it is the best. Much better than regular times and you have the store almost to yourself. Not so good if you want deli items though.

That makes complete sense but I would imagine that someone would find more than 2 occassions when you shopped at those hours.

I think the whole point is that they had done it in the past so it is not unique that it happened on the 12th, it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Most trials I've watched (and admittedly it hasn't been a ton) have been quirky and strange to one degree or another. I've seen parents pointed at as if they were the perp, victims blamed for their own deaths, groupies formed for men who are eventually found guilty and end up on death row, murder cases bring out the strange, along with the regular folk. You always see lots of crazy theories, usually some theory includes some drug lord or drug party, lots of 'vans' talked about, friends of the victims pointed at. It does show a certain pattern as these kinds of cases progress.

The only thing guaranteed is that in the end the victim(s) stay dead, hearts are broken forever by those who loved them, people get hurt along the way (innocent people), and while there might be legal justice, there can never really be closure.

That's true. The one thing common in the 2 trips brought up by the defense was the purchase of milk. So maybe they only showed ones where milk was purchased late night or early morning. Speculation on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500