2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERY time AF is up to question on DP/mercy/mitigating there is a sidebar <<sigh>>

MOO

what exactly is "mercy"?????

Mercy: (adjective)- The opposite of the reaction that one would have when choosing to murder their 2 year old daughter, duct taping her, and throwing her into the woods then leading police on a wild goose chase.

Examples: Casey Anthony case.

Gosh, the poor court reporter nearly got mowed down by AF! Gives me a little more insight about her...

I heard AF speaking but I had no idea what she was saying...

I think my brain has tuned her out, automatically *sigh*

Sorry if this has been discussed. But,,,, does anyone else notice that by the time they get to this part (so sorry forgot this dt members name) the potentional just sounds so done, a little petrurbed?

if you are asked over and over the same thing and do you understand this......

ME too. It is so quiet on my computer. I can barely hear it.

Thank gawd you said that! I thought I was going deaf. I've had to twice go into my control panel on my laptop to "up" the speaker amplification as I have the CNN feed all the way up and am straining to hear.

Especially soft-spoken Finnell.

Every time AF ask a PT, "Does that make sense to you, I am reminded of when a detective in this case was asking Casey questions and asking, "Does this make sense to you?"

I am going to need some serious therapy after the jury selection! It is driving me crazy but I have to watch! Does this make sense to you?

MOO

I live on the East Coast of Florida and have talked to many people who have not heard of this case.

Welcome mumstheword

I agree.Specially if you are of the MTV generation and confine your TV watching
to channels that cater to them. National catastrophes may get their attention but have a blissful ignorance of the news otherwise.

As much as I hate to say this...I'd rather listen to JB than AF. Her long drawn out questions drive me crazy. It's almost like she's not even asking questions, but just mumbling about different scenarios over and over and over. She puts me to sleep. As Willy Wonka said "You should open your mouth a little wider when you talk."

I'm glad you asked, because I was wondering the same thing. It's a very "loaded" word IMO.

To my knowledge she didn't ask this 'mercy' question until the last juror - JA objected and was overruled - now he asked for a sidebar

MOO

ask.com said that mercy would entail the judge imposing the shortest sentence possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BISHWHETT