2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
State: does t court find that my explanation is not genuine?

Judge: coming back on Saturday

I am thinking he was trying to plant the information that people are sentenced to death who are innocent as a way to taint her.

JA objected - judge sustained.

DT knows PJ doesn't know Innocence Project...........but wants them to google it and find out

HHJP: Mr. Aston, I have ruled and I'm not going to argue with you.

i can't hear all of a sudden - it's like they are whispering in to the microphones

HHJP: we are going to let you go to come back sometime on Saturday. Please do not read watch or listen to any news. Do not discuss. Do not look at social media, nor internet searches. Okay, thank you.

Side bar.

Wow if she gets on the jury the DT might have a shot at a hung jury.

HHJP is being tough - SA asking if the Judge thinks his challenge is not genuine?
She is in for the first round.
State did not use a strike.

Disgraceful...this woman is not up to the challenge. JP Is wrong on this. WHat's the point of a peremptory challenge if they have to back it up like that?

Fox News just did a report on this case....and, showed a pic of ICA with RO! Explained who RO is and she is now a part of the defense team!!!

HHJP is going to deny the SA's challenge - will have to use a strike and I wish the judge would use his mike.

No, the judge WON'T let the state use a peremptory strike b/c the DT countered she is AA.

Is this juror aware she may not be able to play on Farmville for 6-8 weeks. Just wondering...it seems it is a part of her life.

Mannnnnnn that wasn't good. She was confused and needed to have things explained very simply. She also just flat out wasn't a reasoned thinker. I feel she was being led.

HHJP: I have ruuled and I am not going to discuss - bring juror back in - calling her back

LDB - asking to approach on juror 1135 qualifications

I get what he is getting at but what a sucky question. Police officers are "normal" people !

He needs to quit bashing police officers. My son is one. He makes me mad when he says the things he says about law enforcement. There are some bad apples, but not all. And trust me, my son would be one you would want to be pulled over by. He is so/too sweet. (yes I am bias)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member