2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her, but I am not sure she would be good for this trial. Just my opinion, obviously.

This woman is just not smart enough. Has no intellectual curiousity.

This lady is adorable and I would love a hug from her but I'm sorry,I cannot see her on a jury. She does not seem intelligent enough. She seems very simple and sweet but we need people who can understand what's happening. She can barely understand voir dire questions. How the heck is she going to understand the experts?

To me, a lady like this is good for the defense. She will cast out what she does not understand and go with what her gut tells her, based on appearance and how people treat her. Big concern for me. The defense will love her.

For a person to be of the age that this woman appears to be (as stated by media folks), I find this rather suspect.

Even as a late teenaged girl, I had thought about the death penalty and how I felt about it. Now, as a middle-aged (!!!) woman, I think about it.

How can a person who has lived as long as this person apparently has, not ever have considered their own feelings on the death penalty?

I do not trust this woman, and I do not make that statement with a light heart.

I never thought of the death penalty until OJ...but then, my parents sheltered me from the bad stuff, crime and such. Even as a teenager, I was very misinformed about the death penalty as I thought they took someone immediately to the chair. To be honest, if it were not for the OJ case, I more than likely would have never found any interest nor any reason to know anything further about the DP, or watch anything related to crime. It was an interest that was sparked solely on the OJ case.

I don't think I would have ever formed my own opinion had it not been for that case, so I believe this woman could sit no matter how old she may be and not have formed any opinions and could possibly be a dream juror for either side.

Why does the DT keep asking about the Innocence Project?

I am thinking he was trying to plant the information that people are sentenced to death who are innocent as a way to taint her.

JA objected - judge sustained.

HHJP: what says the state.

JA: specifically about her feelings about judging others. She does not like judging people based on what others say.

I feel like she's a little too easily confused, the case evidence will be complex.

There is NO WAY this lady will be able to grasp anything complex. I hope SA gets rid of her. Can you imagine trying to explain botany/chloroform/high tech information to her?

Did CM actually play the race card? Saying SA says no because she's black? Get real.

I get what he is getting at but what a sucky question. Police officers are "normal" people !

Some people give police officers the same weight as they do their doctor. They are in a higher position of authority. they can make the proper judgment, one they are too insecure to make. What we were taught as children, but know better now. Older people especially may stick to those ingrained thought patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member