2011.05.25 TRIAL Day Two- (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't provide a witness order list either - shouldn't they get to move people around based on how the testimony flows out of the witnesses rather than stick to an order?

Yes. The pros shouldn't have to do this for JB. Good gravy, this is a capital case... he needs to get his stuff together.

I got bumped off the internet... but did anyone else see the wesh live blog that said baez was cussing at reporters and pushing them this morning???

Do not confuse preening with crying.
traildayone5.jpg

Will Anne Finnell just show up for the penalty phase now? I did not see her yesterday and I don't see her today.

I don't blame her even a little bit for wanting to stay away as much as possible from that fantasy OS Baez gave yesterday. She is about the only defense team lawyer I have any respect for and if I were her, I too, would try to do my job and keep a very, very low profile as long as I was associated with this...er, bunch.

I doubt we will see her too often, but probably sometime before penalty phase. :dunno:

I'm surprised the DT can find anything - remember their table at the hearings.
Why aren't their files in digital format?
If the SA gave them the names at say * am, they should be able to have them ready by 9 AM
can we say "whining and stalling"?

I have to wonder will Cindy be asked about the sexual abuse alligation when she takes the stand.

I am STILL perplexed by her constant "clenched jaw look"...

Sure wish someone who knows how (cause I don't!) would post a side by side photo comparison of KC in previous court appearance against one from now...

It almost appears to me that she has some kind of dental prosthetic in her mouth...hmm...

I believe its her trying to control her anger.

Some may think this is silly, but I believe both sides have the right to know each witness is going to be called. How on earth is the defense going to get ready for cross if the SA picks a witness out of their hat and the DT doesn't have the file.

Or, am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

MOO

Mel

The problem is the DT has been too busy on national TV interviews to have properly prepared their witness notebooks and organize their files to be easily accessible. :loser:

The SA is not required by law to give them crapola, so why should they have to ONCE AGAIN do the DT's work for them?

It's simply another delay tactic and an excuse for the DT to whine that they are "disadvantaged". :loser:

If Baez was a well liked, well respected attorney, he might get leeway with the State...he made this hostility between them, his whining is over bearing....remember his statement, professional courtesy...he doesn't get it...:maddening:

ITA, except I think the judge is tired of the JB vs. SA squabble, and just wants both sides to proceed with at least a bit of decorum between them.

I found it interesting that most news outlets barely reported on the states opening, it was mainly about the 'bombshell(s)'. I guess in that respect JB got what he wanted, attention focused somewhere else.

Only counts what the jury heard. Not the talking heads.

I got bumped off the internet... but did anyone else see the wesh live blog that said baez was cussing at reporters and pushing them this morning???

The ONLY thing that surprises me about that is that WESH reported it. :floorlaugh:

HJBP: "Ok, let me say this folks, uh, it would be very helpful, and I can't order the state to do this... to give a list for the week of 40 names so they can have 40 files but, if we're going to play this game, then I'm gonna play a game. And the game is going to be called; '35 minutes for lunch'. And we're going to go late. Uh, so, I am not going to have a jury waiting around for folks searching for files. So if we're going to play that game, then I am going to play a game and I can guarantee ya'll will not like because I'm not going to have these people... how much time do you need? To search for a file?"

JB: "5- 10 minutes?"

HJBP: "Okay, then folks if you continue this then you'll be working a half day on Sundays too. So ya'll need to put your heads together and work this out else you'll be working according to my schedule and I can guarantee neither side will like it. We'll be in 10 minute recess and hopefully we can solve this problem."

Last week the DT told the Judge they have so many files it's too difficult to bring them all to Court. JB asked if he could get a list of witnesses so they would know what to bring.

Putting all documents on a CD would cost money and most likely it would be on JB's dime. Hence no documents on CD.

If I were the SA, I'd give them a large, secure room in the Courthouse to store all their files so I would not have to give them my witness list, but that's just me :)

Some may think this is silly, but I believe both sides have the right to know each witness is going to be called. How on earth is the defense going to get ready for cross if the SA picks a witness out of their hat and the DT doesn't have the file.

Or, am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

MOO

Mel

A professional courtesy. But how professional has JB been toward the SA?

DH just came in and said ICA looks a waitress at the IHOP...lol

No suprise to me that DT do not have their files scanned and available in a database for instant retrieval. JB used a freakin' whiteboard yesterday with a pen that ran out!

CM & JB are not ones for new fangled, fancysmancy technologies - remember the debacle early in the case when they couldn't view evidence from a CD or some such thing?

waste, huge waste... of time.

Or color code them?:seeya:

That's what I was thinking. However, there are over 600+ sup's issued in this case. Can't see some poor law clerk carrying in all those files every day. Is there a storage room perhaps :)

MOO

Mel

After what ICA pulled yesterday, CA should demand her clothing back she brought to her daughter for court and such! Oh and could someone give her some bobbie pins PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz