2011.05.26 - After the jury was dismissed today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM probably thinks a mistrial will get him off this case sooner.

CM was not very smart to get involved in this case after he was on video stating he thought ICA was guilty.

CM may now want to try his hardest to get ICA to plea now!

We all knew this trial would be a circus, but not this much of one. It became down and dirty beginning with Baez' opening statement, IMO.

they called it something like profit testimony...prophet, maybe propit? i am not sure of the spelling so i couldnt find a for sure definition...BUT - i think its used to try and make something a "fact" to be used in Court and for the Jury - like the maybe the jury would have to accept it as evidence in Casey's favor. It did not go the way they hoped. I believe Casey would have to testify to it?

...hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about can come better explain it...

Proffer - offering what Tony would say in front of the jury if asked what 'secret' ICA had told him.

It was interesting....the DT excused TL....the state said excused until in the morning.

CM probably thinks a mistrial will get him off this case sooner.

Originally Posted by Amster
While CM was begging for a mistrial, I was watching the Casey cam on wftv. I couldn't believe how angry ICA was! She bared her teeth at JB like a rabid dog!! Did anyone else watch that part?

If anyone has a link to this could you post it please?
Thank You

What?! CM wants a mistrial because HE doesn't approve of the questions from the State?! Well, by all means then, that's enough for me. :floorlaugh:

Dear Lord! I really believe this man in not in possesion of all his faculties. For real.

Well, after all, he is a senior citizen...Maybe SA could just get CM to write up a list of qestions that would be acceptable..:waitasec:

Too funny.. THEY have a problem with each individual witness being asked the same questions but have no problem asking GA the same questions over and over again AFTER JP has said STOP IT? rofl...

My new catch phrase for the week.. "That picture is NOT in evidence"

As each day goes on I have less and less worry about ANY member of the jury believing anything the DT says or does.

IMO, it seems so juvenile when you boil it down to the fact that the DT didn't like the SA's questions.

Mommy, Johnny called me a dummyhead on the playground today at school...

Boo hoo, cry me a river, CM! What was that line from the movie? "You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Gee, wouldn't we all like to stamp our little feets and demand a mistrial whenever something doesn't suit us? He must be spending too much time with the inmate. She's beginning to rub off on him.

So frushhhtrating!

It was offered to the judge. The judge will rule whether it will be allowed or not is my understanding.

As each day goes on I have less and less worry about ANY member of the jury believing anything the DT says or does.

KC and JB were MADE FOR EACH OTHER, LOL.

I fantasize about me facing JB and asking him "who told you this story about the baby drowning & George being there?" and he says Casey, and I go HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Imo, the most important part of today's court session happened after the jury was dismissed. Tony saying that Casey's secret amounts to a debunked attempt by Lee to feel her up and George hitting her (not sexual abuse) at some unspecified point in her life is a huge problem for Baez and co. The whole defense is based on sexual abuse by George. The defense made a point of saying yesterday that Tony was closest to Casey and she would confide or ask him for help above others (to which he replied "or her parents"). Baez made a point of positioning Tony as Casey's closest confidant and pushing to get the secret introduced in court. Huge mistake, imo. The state must be loving this...

P.s. wonder if Casey didn't remember which lie she told Tony, or if she just figured he must still feel for her and would take Baez's lead...

boo hoo, cry me a river, cm! What was that line from the movie? "you want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

gee, wouldn't we all like to stamp our little feets and demand a mistrial whenever something doesn't suit us? He must be spending too much time with the inmate. She's beginning to rub off on him.

So frushhhtrating!

a few good men

http://www.wftv.com/video/28040887/index.html

Starting about 31:40 ICA is PIZZZED. Also earlier (27:25) she shakes her head when TL says she only said LA try to abuse her, and GA just "disciplined" her. Anyway after 31:40 it looks to me like she says "I'm effed" and "I'm screwed".

Wow! I didn't know you could ask for a mistrial because you didn't like the line of questioning! I bet the SA could ask for one based of the bull-chit that JB shoveled during his opening statement if that is the case. moo

Mason claimed that the State was trying to prove "lack of remorse" on Casey's part. That has been found to be illegal according to case law and a Supreme Court ruling. Can not try to prove lack of remorse at trial.
The State then told the judge that their questioning was not for that purpose but to show state of mind and the jurors could draw their own conclusions. (about remorse)

Can you imagine if HHJP said "you're right! I declare a mistrial! You can go home!" ICA would be like oh crap, now where do I go?

JG said it was Lee that pressured ICA to have sex with her.

http://www.wesh.com/r/19129570/detail.html

"Uhm, Casey uh, and Lee were at the house alone together and Casey, and Lee attempted to have sex with her," Grund said to investigators on Sept. 8, 2008. "My impression was that somehow he was trying to pressure her into it somehow."

Grund said he was told in September 2005, but she didn't say exactly when the incident happened.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/19129570/detail.html#ixzz1NVvQgqRl

What?! CM wants a mistrial because HE doesn't approve of the questions from the State?! Well, by all means then, that's enough for me. :floorlaugh:

Dear Lord! I really believe this man in not in possesion of all his faculties. For real.

Reminds me of that silly safe auto commercial where the prosecutor says something to the effect of "we have eyewitnesses testimony that you were at the scene of the crime, we have the weapon with your fingerprints on it and your drivers license was found at the scene" and the defendant says "it wasn't me" and the judge responds with "well that's good enough for me, case dismissed"

lmbo

Did the DT really think, for even a nanosecond, that they had a shot at a mistrial based off that flimsy excuse, or was it the more likely scenerrio that we will continue to see motions for mistrial simply so that they can be on record for the appeal we all know they will be filing after she is found guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther