2011.05.26 - After the jury was dismissed today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens next? Does HHJP rule on whether this latest testimony gets admitted? I would imagine that the defense would try to block it.

I wonder what went through Baez's head when Tony said it was Lee and not George.

JG said it was Lee that pressured ICA to have sex with her.

http://www.wesh.com/r/19129570/detail.html

"Uhm, Casey uh, and Lee were at the house alone together and Casey, and Lee attempted to have sex with her," Grund said to investigators on Sept. 8, 2008. "My impression was that somehow he was trying to pressure her into it somehow."

Grund said he was told in September 2005, but she didn't say exactly when the incident happened.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/19129570/detail.html#ixzz1NVvQgqRl

I think the DF had a better shot at saying Lee was the one that SA Casey and was the one who helped cover up Caylee's death than George.

Because You have JG pretty much saying Lee was pressuring Casey to sleep with him.

With George, You have people denying it, even his own relatives.
With Lee, You have two people who says Lee possibly abused Casey.

While CM was begging for a mistrial, I was watching the Casey cam on wftv. I couldn't believe how angry ICA was! She bared her teeth at JB like a rabid dog!! Did anyone else watch that part?

http://www.wftv.com/video/28040887/index.html

Starting about 31:40 ICA is PIZZZED. Also earlier (27:25) she shakes her head when TL says she only said LA try to abuse her, and GA just "disciplined" her. Anyway after 31:40 it looks to me like she says "I'm effed" and "I'm screwed".

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 27:25 one is rather scary. It's like she had actually convinced herself she told TL this stuff and she couldn't grip it. She looked like Robert Fitzpatrick in Times Square on 5/21 at 6 PM.

I wonder why they went after GA instead of LA? She tells JG it was Lee, she tells Robyn it was Lee, she tells TL it was Lee. Revenge for GJ?

I think the DF had a better shot at saying Lee was the one that SA Casey and was the one who helped cover up Caylee's death than George.

Because You have JG pretty much saying Lee was pressuring Casey to sleep with him.

With George, You have people denying it, even his own relatives.
With Lee, You have two people who says Lee possibly abused Casey.

I just said the same thing! And, not that it's OK, but LA was what 3 years older than ICA....if he did anything when they were young enough it could have been childhood curiosity....but I don't think any of it is true.

Oh gosh yes! That was like after he had his hands slapped at least four times in 10 mins.. I was just telling my son and hubby "how does he believe he can have any credibility with the jury" when that one happened!

My favorite phrase is from HHJP to JB - "DON'T GO THERE!"

What?! CM wants a mistrial because HE doesn't approve of the questions from the State?! Well, by all means then, that's enough for me. :floorlaugh:

Dear Lord! I really believe this man in not in possesion of all his faculties. For real.

He's kind of old and doesn't hear well ;)

Starting about 31:40 ICA is PIZZZED. Also earlier (27:25) she shakes her head when TL says she only said LA try to abuse her, and GA just "disciplined" her. Anyway after 31:40 it looks to me like she says "I'm effed" and "I'm screwed".

I'm very interested in the yellow note that I see given to JB here. Wonder what that was and for whom?!

I'm not a lawyer and can't swear to this, but I believe it was testimony to be put in front of the judge to decide whether or not it could be presented to the jury.. ???

I'd really like to know this too.

Isn't that hearsay, Casey telling TL something about LA that hasn't even been proven true? If so, I'm not seeing HHJP allowing it. :waitasec:

I agree. If they want the testimony that Casey told people about the abuse then they need to put her up there. Please God. I don't think she would impress the jury.

KC and JB were MADE FOR EACH OTHER, LOL.

I fantasize about me facing JB and asking him "who told you this story about the baby drowning & George being there?" and he says Casey, and I go HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That just shows that he isn't that bright. The woman already admitted that she has been lying all along. But THIS time it's the truth? Obviously she was either lying about the nanny or lying about the abuse. Or lying about both. I vote for C.

I'm very interested in the yellow note that I see given to JB here. Wonder what that was and for whom?!

Huh. I didn't notice that cuz I was focused on trying to read ICAs lips. :waitasec:

Missed watching live today and had no idea this had transpired. Thanks for the thread and the links.

I am so outraged that so many fine young people have been dragged into this unsavory mess. Tony was so uncomfortable talking about this. I just really feel badly for all of them, especially him. moo

"But after the jurors left, defense attorney Cheney Mason said he would file a motion for a mistrial. Mason was not happy with the repetitive nature of the state's questioning with regard to Casey's demeanor in the month before Caylee Anthony was reported missing. After some contemplation, Judge Belvin Perry dismissed the motion. "

Also, Tony L. gave testimony while the jury was not in the room. "According to Lazzaro, Casey said Lee tried to "feel her up" on her chest when she was younger."

<snipped>

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...thony-to-defense-Youre-trying-to-get-me-upset

CM protesting the repetitive nature of the questioning confuses me as I thought the DT wants to stress how KC acts, despite her trauma, the same as she always had due to abuse by GA. Therefore, I thought the testimonies today kind of reinforced that idea. :waitasec:

So what happens next? Does HHJP rule on whether this latest testimony gets admitted? I would imagine that the defense would try to block it.

I wonder what went through Baez's head when Tony said it was Lee and not George.

Well, if KC knew that her life might depend on GA molesting her she would have lied about it being him instead of LA.

Wow, thanks for the link for video.

What I was watching showed the witness not defendent during that.

She looks MAD...I also thought she said something like...I'm screwed or I'm so screwed.

Looks like she was angry at JB as well!

Huh. I didn't notice that cuz I was focused on trying to read ICAs lips. :waitasec:

yeah, right around the 31:40 as you mentioned. ICA gives JB a yellow note, and looks in the direction of her parents (I think) Then ICA gets upset that whomever she was looking at (and I'm assuming wrote the note for) left. That's when she mouths "What am I supposed to do now?" She hands the note to JB who hands it off elsewhere (I couldn't see)

The 27:25 one is rather scary. It's like she had actually convinced herself she told TL this stuff and she couldn't grip it. She looked like Robert Fitzpatrick in Times Square on 5/21 at 6 PM.

I wonder why they went after GA instead of LA? She tells JG it was Lee, she tells Robyn it was Lee, she tells TL it was Lee. Revenge for GJ?

I am guessing it's probably because LA's whereabouts that day could be proven and GA had already placed himself in the home at that time.

Imo, the most important part of today's court session happened after the jury was dismissed. Tony saying that Casey's secret amounts to a debunked attempt by Lee to feel her up and George hitting her (not sexual abuse) at some unspecified point in her life is a huge problem for Baez and co. The whole defense is based on sexual abuse by George. The defense made a point of saying yesterday that Tony was closest to Casey and she would confide or ask him for help above others (to which he replied "or her parents"). Baez made a point of positioning Tony as Casey's closest confidant and pushing to get the secret introduced in court. Huge mistake, imo. The state must be loving this...

P.s. wonder if Casey didn't remember which lie she told Tony, or if she just figured he must still feel for her and would take Baez's lead...

Yes this is what I think. Casey thought she told Tony this story. She couldn't remember who or how much she told. I'm beginning to think that JB may have bought ICA lie and perhaps helped to embellish it a bit. I hope that the State can call Tony back and ask these questions or maybe show the tape, showing the tape would be better.

Strawberry - she did tell this story to one of her boyfriends - funny thing is it was one who had already figured her out - and left her. She's either outright fabricating (quite possible) or she has finally lost track of all of her lies...

Sadly, what I find most amusing is that Tony remembers the most recent morphing of her story...she'd "cleaned it up" for a more sophisticated audience (cuz she'd have been very damaged goods with the sordid dad story, but just a victim with the brother's "hands") - wouldn't want scare off the catch, just pique his protective instinct.

In the past, she hadn't dealt with anyone who'd been more that a few yards from her own back door - now she "wasn't in Kansas anymore..." and she tried to live up to that assumption of sophistication. Too bad she'd stopped growing up at the mezzanine level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge