2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and a good morning to everyone!

And a huge welcome to all of our new members!

Q: Mr. Baez, have you ever gone by the name "Pro-Bono"? ;)

Every lie that ICA tells has such details. Wouldn't you expect the same from her "accident and abuse" theory? We shall see...

My own HO.

VP, JVM pretty good last night.

Nancy, better than usual with not so many errors.

Dr. Drew, the best of the night, with Defense Attny Eiglarsh (sp) redeeming himself from idiocy by acknowledging the strength of impact on the jurors from the videos.

Joy B, Don't stone me here. Leonard Padilla made some Great statements of events and analysis. No, I haven't lost my mind. I found him actually interesting last night.

Great day to all.

Oh wow. I've seen them before and they are STILL so disturbing. Can't imagine what seeing them for the first time is like.

Wait until you see them today! Beyond words for sure!

They speak more volumes now especially being able to see the inmates non reactions.....WOW.....

I think the only thing that can top everything that has already transpired in this trial is if Casey herself gets up to testify. One of the talk show lawyers said yesterday that he believed ICA would testify despite Jose's insistance not to, just because she will do whatever she wants. This is a good point.
What do you think is the likelihood?

OMG - Geraldo is on Fox this AM. He just said he will bet his house that this case will be reversed on appeal. Rambling on and on about how YM didn't mirandize her at Universal and that's how and why it will be reversed.

Then, he goes on to say that hypothetically IF she is convicted on Manslaughter of a Child - that after the appeal and reversal that she can only be re-tried on THAT change - Manslaughter of a Child. Then even if she's convicted of that on appeal - the sentences for that are nothing compared to murder one - and that she will WALK on time served!! :eek:

We need a hurricane for Geraldo to go wade through. Can't wait for the day he's wrong and has to eat those words. Won't be the first time he's done that, now will it?

Hello wonderful people!!!

I just wanted to shout out a huge thanks to everyone! While I am reminded that this is a horrible case with a horrible reason...I am so very pleased to watch, listen and learn with everyone here!!!

I cant sleep....i got up and had a huge breakfast and just now got tired. Sigh.

Good mornin' everyone. I woke up at 5:30 am from a dream that I was one of those folks running inside the Orlando courthouse to get one of the 50 public seats available for the Casey Anthony trial. Someone in the crowd knocked me down and i was locked out of the courtroom after waiting for 6 hours. Yes, a nightmare! No wonder I woke up so early!

Hoping for another great day for the prosecution. May the truth be told!

OMG - Geraldo is on Fox this AM. He just said he will bet his house that this case will be reversed on appeal. Rambling on and on about how YM didn't mirandize her at Universal and that's how and why it will be reversed.

Then, he goes on to say that hypothetically IF she is convicted on Manslaughter of a Child - that after the appeal and reversal that she can only be re-tried on THAT change - Manslaughter of a Child. Then even if she's convicted of that on appeal - the sentences for that are nothing compared to murder one - and that she will WALK on time served!! :eek:

We need a hurricane for Geraldo to go wade through. Can't wait for the day he's wrong and has to eat those words. Won't be the first time he's done that, now will it?

OPEN THAT VAULT, Wise Old Owl!

He went on a rampage back in Dec 2008 when Judge Strickland didn't let the DT in the crime scene before she was identified....he just needs to fade away ........ go find Al Capone real vault....

Geraldo? 'Nuff said. :giggle:

:seeya: Good morning, everyone!

I generally do this first post of the day, then continually watch the trial and read the trial thread! That is all I can seem to do. By the time I would like to comment on a post, I am 10 pages behind, LOL! I gave up.

These past few days of the trial have been exhausting! I cannot begin to imagine how LDB, JA, and FG can go at it all day having to be so mentally alert to every word spoken in that courtroom. I admire and respect them so much!

As for HHJP - that man is beyond words. Mere words cannot express how I respect and admire him! I love him!

GB the jurors as we go through this day!

So nice to see you here LaLaw2000! Have missed you since the BC trial ended.
Your synopsis above could have been written by me. I stay behind on this thread by 3 or 4 pages from hour to hour. Can't keep up ... but have so enjoyed reading everybody's posts, thoughts and ideas. This trial is the most amazing, in a negative sense, than any other I've ever watched. I'm totally addicted.

What timing, Broderick!
Hubby's day-old newspaper was in the back seat of the truck. We went to the airport late last night so I turned on the reading light and browsed.
There was a small article in there and a very little 4-line snippet about Dr. Drew, saying that he didn't believe the Pros. theory. That Casey doesn't show any signs of being a killer. WHAT?

He's coming around a bit as some of his panel. The lone holdout of the talking heads is Baez's closest and most dear friend GR. HAHA.

Wonder if Geraldo has started packing yet?

That miranda argument is lost on me. At the time those statements were made, ICA was a witness. Why on earth would anyone suggest that a witness must be mirandized prior to taking their statements?

Huh... my quotes aren't showing up this morning.

Trying to quote momtective re: Geraldo...

He also predicted the Ramseys would be arrested for JonBenet's murder and would be found guilty by a jury. So take what he says with a grain of salt!

[does anyone else remember Homer Simpson singing that made up song, "Oh there was nothing in Al Capone's vault... but it wasn't Geraldo's fault..."]:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea