2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following as much of the trial as possible, but I haven't had much time to post. I did get my husband hooked on this case recently, and yesterday was the first time he had seen any of the jailhouse visits. He just couldn't get over how the A's were going along with everything ICA said.

Isn't he (Geraldo) a friend of JB? I thought I remembered from a while back that JB had gone out on his boat or something...

Morning all! I wonder what Casey is thinking as she sits there listening to these lies she has told. Are they lies to her and if they are, is she thinking that maybe she could have improved on them to make them better? Is she secretly proud of herself because of the way she thinks she has fooled everyone?

:coffeecup:

Good morning , Caylee faithfuls. Blessings to you all and prayers for the family, prosecution, and judge. :seeya:

That miranda argument is lost on me. At the time those statements were made, ICA was a witness. Why on earth would anyone suggest that a witness must be mirandized prior to taking their statements?

Exactly!! Baez tried to get Yuri to say KC was a suspect and Yuri held that at that time she was just the mother of a missing child! I think Baez has more experience as a lawyer than Geraldo does and that's not saying much!!:loser:

Good morning everyone! If the State continues on showing the jail visitation videos, this should be the lineup for this morning, assuming they are showing all of them and in date order.

Lee Anthony July 28
.... Part 2 (unless this part was shown last yesterday)
Parents July 30
.... Part 1
.... Part 2
George August 3
.... Part 1
.... Part 2
Parents August 14

Did they show the one where she had a "hissy fit"? I want to see her expression when she sees it!

There were a few things that stood out to me the most yesterday (and probably more so to the Floridian jurors, IMO):

1. JB is a court-appointed attorney and she got his name from other inmates.
2. When HHJP said about the mistrial/videos in evidence to JB: HHJP counted the attorneys for KC - "Let's see we have, one, two, three, four, FIVE attorneys who had TWO YEARS to review these videos and have portions redacted."

I imagine sitting there as a sequestered juror in such a depressed economy thinking, "OMG, how much is this costing us?!?"

Good morning! I have to go this morning and will not be updating the Twitter thread until later.

Hope everyone has a great day!

In case anyone missed this (sorry if it's already been posted) ...

Did Judge Perry make a rather large boo-boo?
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

Yay, quotes working.

So is the general consensus that a retrail is a done deal at this point? With JB's ineffective representation, especially? Or is this just doom and gloom talk from the talking heads and blogs?

Good morning!!! Rise and Shine!!!

I just finished watching JB in action at the end...I think I am glad I didn't watch it live with you all or I would have ended up on a TO.

So...what is in store today...whining...crying...glaring...objection...sustained...objection...over ruled.

Honestly...it feels like JB is an intern and really doesn't even understand what he is up against.

aaaahhhh .... you forgot Mistrial. ;)

Good Morning everyone ... are you ready for the ride today? :rollercoaster:

Good morning or good afternoon if you like myself are from the UK. I would like to thank all fellow Websleuthers for their fabulous insight, Well informed posts, and injecting much needed humour at times in their quest for justice for caylee. Wishing you all a good day.

Good Morning E1, those pancakes look awesome, but I am more for the fruit plate spread !!! LOL. These pounds are creeping up while we sit in front of the computers and TV's watching. Praying that Justice will be found for Our Caylee. Have a great day all.

Exactly!! Baez tried to get Yuri to say KC was a suspect and Yuri held that at that time she was just the mother of a missing child! I think Baez has more experience as a lawyer than Geraldo does and that's not saying much!!:loser:

Not only that, but she's on tape saying she's there voluntarily and she hears and acknowledges that she's free to leave. Clearly she's not under arrest. She never even mentioned an attorney as far as I heard.

Exactly. And to suggest that she was NEVER mirandized is a falsehood anyway. At least, I certainly hope it is.

haha, what a nut in the court but kinda cute.

Oh wow. I've seen them before and they are STILL so disturbing. Can't imagine what seeing them for the first time is like.

Wait until you see them today! Beyond words for sure!

Seeing Casey's reaction to seeing and hearing herself on screen in court, well it's more like a fixation - I think that's what's made them seem even worse than the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82