2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I am confused,,why all of a sudden did they bring AF in and is CM out???

I was thinking they may call George again, but what would be the point he already denied their accusations so I suppose there is nothing more they can get from him.

I would not want to be Kronk for all the tea in China.

I think they're done with the abuse allegations. They tried with Lee and it failed miserably. Their only hope now is that they left some doubt in the jurors minds about the "family secret". Even if the jurors believe the abuse (which I don't think they do), it has absolutely nothing to do with Caylee's murder.

From the Wesh link posted above, Judge Perry ruled in January that the defense could not introduce any evidence on Kronk's prior bad acts.

I don't think Kronk will bring many fireworks. I predict more circuitous questions, loaded with implication and innuendo, that never really make their point.

I'm happy to listen to Baez another week...if ICA takes the stand. ;)

I think it was WFTV I heard that AF should not be brought in until the jury comes back with murder. Then she comes in as a death penalty attorney. That you don't bring that attorney in before hand. That it not good for her to be there right now. Maybe they want her to warm up to the jury before the phase of trial comes up. But again I really thought I heard BS say yesterday that it's not a good idea to do that. Like the jury needs a fresh face in the death penalty phase. Then maybe we won't even see Mason today. Maybe this was a switch of attorneys so the jury doesn't notice one gone and a new one there.

I missed most of the video testimony by DC and the other guy. Do you think it has caused any harm to the State's case? I personally don't since I don't believe anyone really check any bags they saw

I don't believe for one minute what the th's are saying, that Casey is possibly insisting to take the stand, I think the mental evaluations were a last ditch effort to get a mistrial because they know she cannot take the stand and they have no way possible to prove their theory. She may try to but I highly doubt it. She has been an over indulged enabled spoiled selfish brat, but I don't think she will try to take on the prosecution.

AF is still shooting for a mistrial with her motion, don't think that is anymore than another waste of time.

If Casey ever cared about anyone in her life I believe it was Lee, possibly she shut down any more torture of him and they threw up their hands, her emotion for him was real.. can you imagine her on the stand having to outright accuse him?

My guess regarding AF is that she will be the one questioning Casey Anthony. I believe they tried the incompetent to stand trial so she wouldn't take the stand but when they got word that the court would rule she was competent, AF was brought in.

I have no doubt that if Casey takes the stand, AF will be the one. Not Baez.

I don't believe for one minute what the th's are saying, that Casey is possibly insisting to take the stand, I think the mental evaluations were a last ditch effort to get a mistrial because they know she cannot take the stand and they have no way possible to prove their theory. She may try to but I highly doubt it. She has been an over indulged enabled spoiled selfish brat, but I don't think she will try to take on the prosecution.

AF is still shooting for a mistrial with her motion, don't think that is anymore than another waste of time.

If Casey ever cared about anyone in her life I believe it was Lee, possibly she shut down any more torture of him and they threw up their hands, her emotion for him was real.. can you imagine her on the stand having to outright accuse him?

I think she will take the stand.

Good morning Friends :seeya:

Sharing these Orange Slice Jello Shots just incase!!

(click on the photo for how to make them)

well.. at least it *LOOKS* like breakfast :floorlaugh:

morning guys :loveyou:

the houses here have no screens or screen doors, so with the nice weather we got em all open and a random cat came in last night, left, then came back today and is now sleeping on the chair next to me.

I think cheeto sent her over :heartluv: because I love cats.

I think they're done with the abuse allegations. They tried with Lee and it failed miserably. Their only hope now is that they left some doubt in the jurors minds about the "family secret". Even if the jurors believe the abuse (which I don't think they do), it has absolutely nothing to do with Caylee's murder.

Yep, I agree with you, there are no witnesses left to verify sexual abuse, they are just going to let it hang out there and hope one or more jurors has a wild imagination.

I only saw parts of Hoover and Casey's testimony. I don't think it helped the defense theory or harmed it. Just seems to be a foundation to whatever today's testimony. If I noticed anything Hoover and Casey both said they could not go too far into the woods b.c of water, the maps don't really seem to help much don't know if the jurors feel the same, they were not where Caylee was found, the video made it clear that once in any type of wooded area you can get lost as it all looks the same. Last thing, if I were a juror I would be wondering why these 2 men were really in the woods poking things, and pulling things apart with wild abandon when they were supposed to be looking for a child.

As far as AF being up, I think that was merely b.c she seemed like a very kind grandmother in comparison to the character of Casey or even Hoover, probably put up there just for that reason. She is also great a ferreting out small details, they make think the jurors wonder where she is if getting paid to represent KC, and she was there, so why have her sit there saying nothing.

I do not think CM is off the case. There would be a Court Order about it, and the Judge cannot ask him to just sit there for the duration of the trial for appearance sake.

Good Morning! I laughed so hard yesterday afternoon/evening that I wore myself out. I fell asleep on the sofa around 9pm and didn't wake until 5:30 this morning.
I know this is a serious situation but we all needed a release and yesterday was it. Hope compelling, and damning, testimony will come out today.

I think it was WFTV I heard that AF should not be brought in until the jury comes back with murder. Then she comes in as a death penalty attorney. That you don't bring that attorney in before hand. That it not good for her to be there right now. Maybe they want her to warm up to the jury before the phase of trial comes up. But again I really thought I heard BS say yesterday that it's not a good idea to do that. Like the jury needs a fresh face in the death penalty phase. Then maybe we won't even see Mason today. Maybe this was a switch of attorneys so the jury doesn't notice one gone and a new one there.

I think I heard on one of the shows, JWM I believe it was.. said she saw Mason leaving early and told her that Finnell would not be here today.

For what it's worth.

Good Morning everyone...

I am still trying to eat health..... But the trial has me so nervous,

it has me grabbing all the naughty foods............:floorlaugh:

bxp95765089.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ge=2&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:13&tx=59&ty=43

But I am confused,,why all of a sudden did they bring AF in and is CM out???

Just speculation...but since Baez once had a relationship with DC, it would have been a conflict of interest for Baez to do the examination...I'm thinking CMason isn't all that informed of the what's and why's of this, so AF was brought in to examine DC...refreshing as it was, I don't believe the defense will pull this off....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

After all of these years on this case and the many many hours of sitting in this uncomfortable chair at my computer - yesterday I got so bored with the endless testimony about air samples, I decided to watch on TV in a comfy chair and fell asleep and woke up to PI's testimony. This board was pages and pages ahead and moving so fast, I was afraid I had missed something important. I won't make that mistake today.

I read or heard somewhere that Mason said Ann won't be able to be in court every day this week - must have prior commitments.

ETA Thanks PITA for your post, glad I didn't dream that

Okay, I need some guidance here. I am new. Yesterday, I posted in the "Afternoon Session" thread, but all my posts were deleted. I asked why, never got an answer. Are those threads "live coverage" discussion threads, or what? Where can I post stuff about the trial that won't get deleted? BTW, nothing I posted was offensive or anything, I was just asking a question about that abandoned house near the remains site.

Just speculation...but since Baez once had a relationship with DC, it would have been a conflict of interest for Baez to do the examination...I'm thinking CMason isn't all that informed of the what's and why's of this, so AF was brought in to examine DC...refreshing as it was, I don't believe the defense will pull this off....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Makes sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members