2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raise your hand if you think JB will try to talk about the sexual abuse in his closing and there will be about a hundred objections as he dances around it trying to find an opening.

IANAL, but I believe he can't even mention it in closing since there has been no evidence entered about it. Right? Opening statements are not evidence?

I predict another law school lesson when we get to that point.

I don't believe for one minute what the th's are saying, that Casey is possibly insisting to take the stand, I think the mental evaluations were a last ditch effort to get a mistrial because they know she cannot take the stand and they have no way possible to prove their theory. She may try to but I highly doubt it. She has been an over indulged enabled spoiled selfish brat, but I don't think she will try to take on the prosecution.

AF is still shooting for a mistrial with her motion, don't think that is anymore than another waste of time.

If Casey ever cared about anyone in her life I believe it was Lee, possibly she shut down any more torture of him and they threw up their hands, her emotion for him was real.. can you imagine her on the stand having to outright accuse him?

Last night on Nancy Grace (ugh! I hate having to watch her) they were acting like Casey herself told her team that she thought she was mentally ill and Casaras was agreeing with her. I don't get it. I thought the lawyers were alarmed because of some of her alleged behavior. Anyone?

Also, NG get referring to Dominic Casey as "the defense PI," when it was my understanding that by the time they did that tape, he no longer worked for Baez. Am I wrong here?

Lasting, I assume that ICA meants Casey Anthony, but why ICA?

The suspense is maddening...

I hope you are right, must see tv..

I think that's why she was so giddy yesterday morning. She wants to testify despite her attorneys advice. She thinks she can lie to this jury and get away with it just like she did with others in the past.

I'm taking the day off if she does! :great:

Last night on Nancy Grace (ugh! I hate having to watch her) they were acting like Casey herself told her team that she thought she was mentally ill and Casaras was agreeing with her. I don't get it. I thought the lawyers were alarmed because of some of her alleged behavior. Anyone?

Also, NG get referring to Dominic Casey as "the defense PI," when it was my understanding that by the time they did that tape, he no longer worked for Baez. Am I wrong here?

ICA-inmate CA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

Okay, I need some guidance here. I am new. Yesterday, I posted in the "Afternoon Session" thread, but all my posts were deleted. I asked why, never got an answer. Are those threads "live coverage" discussion threads, or what? Where can I post stuff about the trial that won't get deleted? BTW, nothing I posted was offensive or anything, I was just asking a question about that abandoned house near the remains site.

Phillygirl, welcome to WS!

I did a search for posts by you, and there are 2 about the abandoned house in yesterday's afternoon session thread.

To find posts by you (or anyone else) click on your name, select "view public profile" and then choose the tab that says "statistics." You can then search for all posts you have made.

I don't know if you posted more than 2 about it. I know that sometimes the mods will move posts to a more appropriate thread so the trial threads don't get too off topic. Maybe there is a thread for the abandoned house? I'm not sure. And sometimes if a bunch of people all post the same thing, they will delete some just to keep it clean.

You will get the hang of it! I'm glad you decided to join and jump in.

:seeya:

I think that's why she was so giddy yesterday morning. She wants to testify despite her attorneys advice. She thinks she can lie to this jury and get away with it just like she did with others in the past.

No hell no you won't either!!!

Forgot my manners....:ashamed:

Good morning WS Family...One day closer to Justice for Caylee...

Finally heard from DC...it appears he developed selective hearing....he was very careful in choosing his words. I thought he would have let that cat out of the bag..that CA sent her people in those woods and couldn't find Caylee..they were a few hundred feet off...I just hope the State's rebuttal case shows it...I can't wait for rebuttal...I'm thinking they saved the best for last...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I think she was giddy because she knew they were filing that Motion to have Florida's death penalty phase proceedings declared unconstitutional and she figures that will come off the table. JMO.

I think ICA wants to take the stand and I think JB wants her to take the stand. I have no doubt that he will be able to glide her through her testimony, bring in abuse, GA's knowledge etc etc etc But she will be subject to cross, probably by Linda and she will break down numerous times, try to get sympathy, ask for time to compose herself - it will not be a Kodak moment. She will be pushed into revealing the real evil person she really is.

Okay, I need some guidance here. I am new. Yesterday, I posted in the "Afternoon Session" thread, but all my posts were deleted. I asked why, never got an answer. Are those threads "live coverage" discussion threads, or what? Where can I post stuff about the trial that won't get deleted? BTW, nothing I posted was offensive or anything, I was just asking a question about that abandoned house near the remains site.

The trial threads are to cover what is happening during the trial. It is meant for people who can't watch live, to get an idea of what is happening in the courtroom. It isn't meant to be a Q&A, or discussion.

There are many topical threads, if you have a specific question. Also, this sidebar thread is open before, after, and during breaks. You can probably ask your questions here. Sidebars are more for letting off steam and discussion of what happened during the trial.

Hope that helps.

:welcome:

Phillygirl, welcome to WS!

I did a search for posts by you, and there are 2 about the abandoned house in yesterday's afternoon session thread.

To find posts by you (or anyone else) click on your name, select "view public profile" and then choose the tab that says "statistics." You can then search for all posts you have made.

I don't know if you posted more than 2 about it. I know that sometimes the mods will move posts to a more appropriate thread so the trial threads don't get too off topic. Maybe there is a thread for the abandoned house? I'm not sure. And sometimes if a bunch of people all post the same thing, they will delete some just to keep it clean.

You will get the hang of it! I'm glad you decided to join and jump in.

:seeya:

Thanks. Feeling my way around here. I've been doing Yahoo commentary pieces for the past week or so on the trial, so I stumbled upon this site in my search for sources. You guys are great! I get a lot of leads here.

Okay, so do YOU think Jose is going to say that Kronk hid the body in that abandoned house? And am I right that Dominic Casey didn't work for Baez at the time of that taping of him in the woods?

And one more thing -- I know I clicked to get email notifications of replies, but that's not happening.

I hope she does. I want to see her squirm. I want to see her get as angry as she did the other day and show her true colors. I want them to know how many peoples lives she has destroyed.

I think Dom Casey is referred to that way b/c he worked for Baez, and then worked for G & C. He is a defense witness and, AFAIK, has never done anything to help the state.

ICA means "Inmate Casey Anthony" and is generally used to distinguish Casey from Cindy (who is usually CA) and Caylee (who is almost always called by her full name out of respect).

As for Nancy Grace, who knows where some of those theories come from! I think this competency thing took all the talking heads by surprise and they had no idea what to do with it. None of them (that I saw) predicted it over the weekend of speculation, and none of them really knows what triggered it. Personally I think it was the crazy crying with Lee when she has barely shed a tear for her daughter, but that's just me.

Just watched an interview with Susan Constintine (jury consultant and body language expert) who has been in the Anthony gallery watching the jurors. She said she thinks there are 7 who are Pro-prosecution, juror #4 appears to be Pro-Defense, and unfortunately the ones who are taking such excellent notes are the alternates.

Forgot my manners....:ashamed:

Good morning WS Family...One day closer to Justice for Caylee...

Finally heard from DC...it appears he developed selective hearing....he was very careful in choosing his words. I thought he would have let that cat out of the bag..that CA sent her people in those woods and couldn't find Caylee..they were a few hundred feet off...I just hope the State's rebuttal case shows it...I can't wait for rebuttal...I'm thinking they saved the best for last...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

You are so right about DC...

I believe the SA really pin pointed the location with the whole broken toilet in the wood statements, I think there was a video somewhere on the web where the broken toilet was seen about 100-150 feet away.
Going to go look for that video...

Just watched an interview with Susan Constintine (jury consultant and body language expert) who has been in the Anthony gallery watching the jurors. She said she thinks there are 7 who are Pro-prosecution, juror #4 appears to be Pro-Defense, and unfortunately the ones who are taking such excellent notes are the alternates.

That leaves five more to come to their senses.

Juror #4 shouldn't have been on this jury. :maddening:

Totally agree. I'm assuming she'll be the last defense witness called.
Yesterday afternoon/evening was quite the freek show. I didn't know a thing about Hoover & Casey. IMO, they didn't help the defense at all. I do think they helped the state in so far as it showed Baez & the Anthonys were surounded by people from the fringe of society & the whole lot of them can't be trusted.

We should see Roy Kronk today, no ? I already feel sorry for him.

Raise your hand if you think JB will try to talk about the sexual abuse in his closing and there will be about a hundred objections as he dances around it trying to find an opening.

IANAL, but I believe he can't even mention it in closing since there has been no evidence entered about it. Right? Opening statements are not evidence?

I predict another law school lesson when we get to that point.

:waitasec: IANAL?

:wagon: Phillygirl, looks like all your questions are answered :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24