2011.07.04 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the defense keeps trying to make hay out of two common-sense issues and I'm not sure the prosecution has sufficiently addressed them:

1) Casey being taken to the gynecologist. Yes, she was obviously pregnant. She denied being pregnant and the family went along with her lie, as they always did. But Baez's suggestion that they were "hiding" sexual molestation because they hadn't taken her into the gynecologist for routine care as a teenager is absurd. My Mom never took me to see a gynecologist and the only reason I took one of my three teenagers is because she told me she was sexually active and wanted birth control. I don't think we're unusual. Yet they've painted it as neglect.

2) The duct tape. Perhaps I've missed testimony about where this duct tape was stored but to listen to the defense, George must have it in under lock and key. My husband has several rolls of duct tape in the garage and both myself and my children go out there and borrow them from time to time. This notion that only George controls the duct tape and Casey wouldn't have access to it is laughable.

Perhaps they've done it and I've missed it but the commentators keep repeating the "George's duct tape" mantra over and over again as if it were true. I would sure love to hear JA or LDB just say, "George's rare duct tape was in the garage and the whole family had easy access to it, including Casey."

I think the SA addressed that the duct tape was available to everyone in the house since it was in the garage. But I don't think they are harping on these issues because they are not serious issues for the State. The Defense has to harp on SOMETHING, but most people with common sense don't see how these are big issues.
My first trip ever to the gynecologist was when I was pregnant with my first daughter. My mom never took me, and it wasn't because I was sexually abused. I really never saw the big deal in this, but that's just my perspective.
I really think George and the duct tape is a weak argument. So he used his duct tape? So what? Is he not supposed to use it? We have duct tape in our garage that everyone in the family uses depending on what we need it for. JA actually did say in his closing yesterday that after Casey used the duct tape to kill her daughter, George UNKNOWINGLY used it for the Missing Posters to find Caylee. If George had used that duct tape on Caylee, as a former LE I'm sure he would have thrown it out.

Happy independence day Americans!

Let`s hope it`s a good day for justice.

Good Morning all, I hope today is a good one for Caylee! :heartbeat:

I have a question and forgive me if it sounds dumb. So, the DT says Caylee drowned in the pool, George found her and took her into ICA and said "look what you've done etc." What happened next? In their opinion what happened after that? How did Caylee get to the woods - are they saying George took her there? ICA is their client shouldn't they be crystal clear on what happened? According to the JB the only thing she can be blamed for is lying. What am I missing here? Sigh.....

Baez in OS said Kronk was the body snatcher. He never said where he found Caylee's body and where he kept her for 4 months. In closing, he changed that theory to Kronk finding Caylee's remains in the woods, putting a marker so when the reward money was posted, he would know exactly where to find her body. He wants the jury to believe Kronk contaminated the scene and therefore everything that was found at the scene should be discarded as evidence.

He never said how George got Caylee's body into the woods but pointed out that there was no dirt or soil on any of Casey's shoes and that LE only focused on Casey and not George. Accusing LE of tunnel vision.

He went on to say that George didn't kill Caylee but he was part of the cover up.

I believe there is evidence that George was at work on the 16th.

It's the everybody but Casey defense. Including Caylee is guilty of climbing up the ladder and drowning herself. It's sickening.

I hope the pros put the focus back where it belongs today.

How long does the state get for rebuttal today? Does it go towards their 4 hrs?
I didn't get to watch all of the state's closing yesterday so I am unaware if they used up the 4 hrs. or not. TIA!

By the way, Good morning and Happy 4th everyone. Yesterday I couldn't finish watching JB's closing after his outburst at JA because I had things to do. So I watched it on WFTV online (they had 14 parts up). At the end part 12, JB ended his argument, and JP took a short break before Mason spoke. Then the beginning of part 13 has JP recessing for the night. They cut out Mason's whole part on WFTV.com. lol. I did want to watch it, though. Anyone have another link for it?

Thanks in advance!

I didn't get to watch all of the state's closing yesterday so I am unaware if they used up the 4 hrs. or not. TIA!

State gets almost 3 hours, JA used about 1:15

If memory serves correctly Baez yesterday alluded to George using Casey's car to dispose of the body - he remarked on who would have access to it.

But 5 minutes later we were back to there being no body in the trunk.:dunno:

Good Morning!

:coffeeup:

:fireworks: :fireworks2:

They still have 2 1/2 hours.

Baez in OS said Kronk was the body snatcher. He never said where he found Caylee's body and where he kept her for 4 months. In closing, he changed that theory to Kronk finding Caylee's remains in the woods, putting a marker so when the reward money was posted, he would know exactly where to find her body. He wants the jury to believe Kronk contaminated the scene and therefore everything that was found at the scene should be discarded as evidence.

He never said how George got Caylee's body into the woods but pointed out that there was no dirt or soil on any of Casey's shoes and that LE only focused on Casey and not George. Accusing LE of tunnel vision.

He went on to say that George didn't kill Caylee but he was part of the cover up.

It's the everybody but Casey defense. Including Caylee is guilty of climbing up the ladder and drowning herself. It's sickening.

And I wish State would point out that Casey could have gotten rid of the shoes she was wearing that day. She had a month for evidence to go bye-bye while no one knew Caylee was missing! And another month or so when she was home on bond before anyone even knew Caylee was in a swampy woods, Casey could have gotten rid of lots of evidence.

Yes I believe she has what is left from the 1 hour 17 mintues they used yesterday. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Good Morning, Peeps and Happy 4th of July!!!

If memory serves correctly Baez yesterday alluded to George using Casey's car to dispose of the body - he remarked on who would have access to it.

But 5 minutes later we were back to there being no body in the trunk.:dunno:

:hug: fellow expat! do you hate it that we're not home for today?? I do, I wish I was with my sister & her family today :loveyou: with sparklers and bbq :sigh:

:great: for LDB today and I even miss half of that cause I have to run an errand today BUT at least I have something to do while waiting for verdict beside having panic attacks!

I wouldn't worry about number one. There are women on that jury. They know it's not common-practice or a ritual to drag your teen to a ob-gyn. Most women go for their first time in their twenties, if they even do.

I must say I was laughing so hard when HHJP started asking questions about that yesterday morning when Baez was just insisting this was some sort of proof that the family was hiding something.

I'm sure going to miss a daily dose of Chief Judge Belvin Perry when this is all over.

Morning All. How is everyone today. Happy 4th.
I went to a picnic yesterday and had to go in the house to to turn on the TV. It was at the point where JA and JB were getting scolded by the judge. I am going to myself what is going on. I might of been inappropriate for JA to smile/laugh behind his hand
but it was worse that JB made that outburst. JB has been rolling his eyes around all month and JA does has his comical facial expressions but ICA has been making faces all along to. Then there is at times when JB and ICA flip the bird in their own special way but that's OK????

bbm

I wonder if JB actually caught himself (or purposely meant to insinuate) yesterday when he all but conceded that ICA "improperly disposed of a body" during his closing arguments. Did anybody else catch that?

ETA: Sorry BritsKate I posted this before I read your previous post :waitasec:

And I wish State would point out that Casey could have gotten rid of the shoes she was wearing that day. She had a month for evidence to go bye-bye while no one knew Caylee was missing! And another month or so when she was home on bond before anyone even knew Caylee was in a swampy woods, Casey could have gotten rid of lots of evidence.

Yes, and also that LE had no reason to focus on George. And that they did give Casey the opportunity to admit an accident- they just wanted her to tell the truth, whatever it was.

But, but.... shouldn't the part of how Caylee got into the woods be a rock solid part of their defense? At this point all I'm getting from the DT is that ICA is guilty of lying and even that really isn't her fault because of abuse!

bbm

I wonder if JB actually caught himself (or purposely meant to insinuate) yesterday when he all but conceded that ICA "improperly disposed of a body" during his closing arguments. Did anybody else catch that?

ETA: Sorry BritsKate I posted this before I read your post lol

No I didn't hear him say that but I also got to the point where I was getting up and doing things. He was making me sick.:sick:

bbm

I caught it. He said it wasn't one of the charges she's being accused of. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member