2011.07.07 Media's Motion for Release of Juror Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
WESH had it on live, I just happened to still have that feed open. HHJP said he has something this afternoon that will leave him hurting or something like that for a few days (sounded to me like maybe a root canal or something) and that "they wouldn't get anything tomorrow". It's obvious he doesn't want to release the names, but I don't think he has much of a choice. I'd expect a decision maybe Monday, but he didn't give a time frame.

Wishing HHJP a quick recovery and the best of health.

All of the people who are so angry and upset and have the time and energy to stomp around a courthouse with vile signs and spend days on end doing nothing but watching the coverage of this case should take the opportunity to do what they can to alleviate the instances of child neglect that happen EVERYDAY in their own neighborhoods and communities........Case is point is posted below, these instances happen everywhere, everyday, if only the energy generated by this case could be put to good instead of the evil and vile threats and commentary wasted on this case which is over and done with.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/07/07/1924399/wichita-police-take-8-children.html

jmoo

edited to add....Jeff Ashton just said exactly this same thing in an interview played on HLN and done with Dr. Drew show.

You can bet your sweet azz I won't serve on a jury if they release the names. Won't happen. The media needs a HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE!

For asking for info that is public knowledge????
That's how it works. The media requests it, it's released (at some point) because it's PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE.

I disagree with the slap in the face part.

Just doing their jobs.

jurors have no legal right of anonymity. never have.
That's just WRONG! During selection we didn't know their names, just a description.

I AM SO ANGRY AT THE MEDIA RIGHT NOW I COULD SPIT NAILS. Which media filed this motion? I only heard St. Pete.

Wrong or right, it's the law.

For asking for info that is public knowledge????
That's how it works. The media requests it, it's released (at some point) because it's PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE.

I disagree with the slap in the face part.

Just doing their jobs.
I respectfully disagree. If jurors choose to come out, fine. No one should ever know who they are/were. Security is a HUGE concern. HELL, we are taking better care of Casey then the jurors. What is wrong with this picture. :banghead:

I respectfully disagree. If jurors choose to come out, fine. No one should ever know who they are/were. Security is a HUGE concern. HELL, we are taking better care of Casey then the jurors. What is wrong with this picture. :banghead:

Its a huge concern. Maybe the Governor will do something?

Then perhaps people who disagree with the law should try to fight to change it.

Laws are meant to be followed.

The media is doing their jobs.
The info is public knowledge.

If anything happens to any juror, I have a feeling lots of laws may change. I find it so bizarre the threat, these people want to "filet" others because they were on a jury and didn't make the popular emotional verdict, and somehow thats better than what Casey did and would be justified. I hope the names are not released, but I know they will be.

I have to agree here. For all I disagree with what they did and how they conducted themselves (and I know some think they did no wrong). Even given that I would hate to think of any vigilante doing harm to one of the jury members out of bitterness/hate. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The reason that the names should be released is that we are starting to hear that apparently while in sequestration their families were being contacted. We are hearing that a booker somehow got credentials and got to see the jurors and thereby approach one. Who gave out the names? I doubt it was Judge Perry.

What is our system of justice if we hide what may have, could have, did, or didn't happen during this sequestration.

Only with total and open Court Process and Governmental Bodies is there any accountability.

We know that at least 5 or 6 of these jurors had run ins with the law in the past.

That's a law that needs to be changed!

Ok. There are many laws that need to be changed. BUT, unfortunately the laws that are on the books must be followed until they are changed.

I pray he does not release the names. No good can come of it. There is NO need for anyone to know the names, and would be a risk to their health and safety imo. If they want to reveal themselves, fine, but those wanting to be private should have that wish respected.

I will post one more on the subject. I am in California, potentially I could be called to serve on a Jury of a known vile gang member from Los Angeles (who has many scary deadly friends and family, trust me, even grandma is packing)

IF I find this person guilty of murder and give him life or maybe the Death Penalty, I would NOT want my name released. I would be concerned enough the family and friends will figure it out without release of my name.

This issue works in all directions and people don't always act rationally.

There is a missing person situation out here right now and the story is so outrageous and scary, that I cannot even post it, or post any hint to what is going on. This is a scary world.

Names should not be released.

I don't think JP will release and I completely understand why. I do however think most of their names will be outted by neighbors, friends, employers, etc. One call to NE and they can make a nice buck off of it.

I don't want their names released. It is hard enough these days to get jurors to take part in long, complex trials. If one single thing happens to a juror, even if it is not life-threatening, it will just make it more difficult in the future.
I agree. However, the sunshine law might apply here.

The media are the ones that want the names, probably for interviews. Who knows, it may help people understand what happened, although, imo, the SA did prove motive and method of death.

I personally don't want to know who they are, and I don't want to hear what they have to say. I heard on HLN that they have "buyer's remorse."

This case does remind me of OJ, dripping with blood but getting off.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I will be very surprised, and disappointed if HHJBP reveals the names. I am pretty sure there must be some consideration about health and safety. The trial is over. This could have an enormous impact on other cases. I can't see it.

I don't think JP will release and I completely understand why. I do however think most of their names will be outted by neighbors, friends, employers, etc. One call to NE and they can make a nice buck off of it.

bbm, ITA

I pray he does not release the names. No good can come of it. There is NO need for anyone to know the names, and would be a risk to their health and safety imo. If they want to reveal themselves, fine, but those wanting to be private should have that wish respected.

JP has no choice. They WILL be released sooner or later. He can temporarily ban the release, but the law states it's public knowledge. The names will be released.

I like how Perry left this. Now the media is talking about juror safety for a few days and maybe some concerned jurors will reach out to the Gov. This is not a done deal by any means. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member