2011.07.07 Release Date Announced: Casey Will Be Released Wed. 7/13 or is it 7/17?

To be quite honest, I think the jury system sukks. The people you end up with on any jury will have to be ill-informed overall to NOT know what goes on in the world around them. They will per definition, at least in most instances, have to be narrow minded people.
Sorry for this somewhat harsh outburst, but I really feel this jury got it WRONG! Sheesh.

She's just going from one prison to another. In this new one she'll be trapped by her own infamy and I dare say will have to be looking over her shoulder for the rest of her days. I won't be losing any sleep over that fact.

Wow. But maybe things will be worse for her since everyone is still worked up and the media is all over it. She will have to stay in hiding for awhile.

She will not be safe out there. If you read all the anger, just on WS and multiply it by the population at large.
Seems to me she will me a hate magnet.

I think it's worse on her to get out so soon then staying in jail. Everyone will be looking for her. I heard she is going to change her name, cut & dye her hair.
I deon't think it will work.
Ijust hope she doesn't come to Canada

where did you hear this?

I hope the 12 [unusual people] are happy with themselves. They have done this.

I don't care what their little fantasy scenarios are -- they didn't base their decision on evidence (too overwhelming) and they instead created their own events which prosecution team did not disprove.

Thus, "You didn't disprove our new imagined and improved theory, therefore we let a baby killer walk and make ourselves a boatload of money". And what is rich, is that there are all kinds of people on TV saying we shouldn't judge them. It might offend them. Well it offends me that they didn't listen to and consider the EVIDENCE and that they freed a baby killer.

Marcia Clark says the 31 days is sufficient for Premeditated.

The evidence presented did not give them a lot to work with.
Even JB came out looking good.
The state Not too much.
Sorry we have been involved for 3 years - Jury has not.
They can only go with the FOG that was presented. SORRY!

I'd like to know exactly how this date was calculated for one....and for two, that's my birthday and no way in he77 i want to share that day with that monster and murderer! :maddening:

i hear ya... my birthday is on 22nd...

She is evil!!!!!!!

Did anyone see this interview with Cindy's cousin...The Anthony's have a book coming out shortly..what is next...This family is beyond dysfunctional.

http://krbe.com/portals/1/audio/rrshow/interviews/070611_CASEYANTHONY_familymember.mp3

if I were them, I would write as many books as I could! I would sign on for movie deals, talk shows...whatever I could to pay for the atty fees that mounted, the security that was forced on them by lynch mobs, and the loss of income because they can no longer work. they may be a little, or a lot, dysfunctional, but show me one family that doesnt have a little bit of that. by definition, to have no dysfunction is dysfunctional lol

I am pretty sure I heard Bill Schaefer say that JP did NOT have to give her credit for time served. Did anyone else hear this? If so, I am kind of disappointed in his decision.

Just a thought -

I believe it would be possible for the US Attorney General's office to try her for violating Caylee's cival rights. They've done things like this before.

Pehaps we need to contact our congressmen.

She sure looked ready to leave this morning--complete with a Snookie-like hair bump.

Do you think she realizes how angry people are?

I think it's worse on her to get out so soon then staying in jail. Everyone will be looking for her. I heard she is going to change her name, cut & dye her hair.
I deon't think it will work.
Ijust hope she doesn't come to Canada

In FL, any name change is public record. That is, if she changes her name in FL. I would assume it's the same everywhere in the US, but FL has very liberal public records laws. A friend of mine legally changed her name and it's right there online in public records.

Unless, of course, ICA just uses an assumed name and doesn't change it legally. It is legal to use an assumed name (writers do this all the time) as long as you're not using an alias in order to commit/avoid criminal acts.

Plus, she can't very well make appearances, write books, etc. under a new name....just sayin'.

Just a thought -

I believe it would be possible for the US Attorney General's office to try her for violating Caylee's cival rights. They've done things like this before.

Pehaps we need to contact our congressmen.

Would you please ask that question on the Lawyer thread..?
If it is correct I feel a letter coming on...

It is quite clear to me that if the jury had voted what was expected (certainly at LEAST manslaughter) that there would have been little interest in the verdict, and in them. It is obvious to me that they all chose the most outrageous verdict they could, to garner the most media attention and outrage and, thus, lucrative offers for themselves.

If they had reached a verdict of at least manslaughter, they would have quietly done their job and gone home.

I believe this was a deliberate PLAY by the jurors on the media and on us for their 15 minutes of fame and their one or two million dollar payoffs.

JMO

Aqua

In FL, any name change is public record. That is, if she changes her name in FL. I would assume it's the same everywhere in the US, but FL has very liberal public records laws.

Plus, she can't very well make appearances, write books, etc. under a new name....just sayin'.

I thought convicted felons can't change their names???

I am too. Not much they can do about the time served, etc., but it just doesn't seem fair. Now all we can hope fore is the fines are huge and any money she makes will go to the fines. I'm just sick!!!!! I am thinking about Misty C. She got 25 years for dealing drugs....I wonder how many years she would have gotten in this trail. Misty comes from a dysfunctional family too, BUT also from a drug, poor, uneducated family....I'm sure she would have gotten much more time than Casey. It's just so hard to understand.

BBM

Thank you for saying this. I didn't want to stir up trouble, but that's exactly what I was thinking. If Casey had been from another demographic (i.e. social class, race, age, gender, or even obese and unattractive) I don't think the verdict would have been the same. I don't want to start arguments or cause drama with this thinking but it is something that has been in the back of my mind since I heard the verdict. It's just my opinion only and I've got zero evidence to support it.

I completely believe that Misty got the sentence she deserved and I'm not arguing that she should have gotten a slap on the wrist like Casey, but I can't help but wonder if the jury would have found her not guilty in Caylee's death if she was the one on trial and if Caylee had been her daughter. I don't think they would. MOO

agreed. Her actual release will probably be secret to avoid the media frenzy - which surely the defense and MCA will embrace from this point on instead of vilify..........

Good luck with that....they couldn't even keep the county of jury selection secret...

To be quite honest, I think the jury system sukks. The people you end up with on any jury will have to be ill-informed overall to NOT know what goes on in the world around them. They will per definition, at least in most instances, have to be narrow minded people.
Sorry for this somewhat harsh outburst, but I really feel this jury got it WRONG! Sheesh.

hmmmm i have served on a jury 4 times....wow

In FL, any name change is public record. That is, if she changes her name in FL. I would assume it's the same everywhere in the US, but FL has very liberal public records laws.

Same here in Georgia....in fact, petitions for name change have to be published in Legal Notices in local newspaper for a certain number of weeks....

What about Florida?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back