2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
It is unfortunate, but their minds were not able to comprehend the charges, the instructions, or the evidence. I would like to see some kind of comprehension and or intelligence tests given to potential jurors for death penalty cases.

IMO, they comprehended the charges and instructions just fine - which is why they were (according to #3) sick to their stomachs - personally, at the verdict they had to render given the charges, instructions and evidence.

They did not allow anger or sympathy to come into the deliberations, but as human beings this was obviously torturous.

Re-read the jury instructions: where evidence conflicts = reasonable doubt, where evidence lacks = reasonable doubt.

I think the biggest sticking point was overcoming these points based on the evidence/testimony: manner of death was a homicide...(and if you get past that)...defendent was the one who commited it.

It's obvious to me and many who view the evidence and testimony in an objective manner that those points were difficult to overcome.

Dr. G did not give a medical opinion that it was a homicide. This was made clear. Dr. WS gave a medical opinion that the manner of death could not be determined. Conflicting testimony/lack of evidence = reasonable doubt.

Presence of chloroform was contested at the scientific level. Conflicting testimony = reasonable doubt (as to chloroform as a weapon).

Duct tape had DNA markers which excluded casey and caylee, and there is no evidence it covered her mouth and nose, and if if so that it was pre-motem. The was testimony to the contrary, and the animated presentation was admitted as a "possible" scenario.

A body in the trunk is not evidence of a homicide.

I am bringing all of this up, not because I believe the defense case and not the State's case...but to remind everyone that evidence was contested/missing and testimony conflicted. Jury instructions address this.

I KNEW her hair would not be wrapped up in a tight matronly bun today. How can the lawyer DCS sit next to her so sweetly caring like that? It really does make my skin crawl.

Her hair was not in a bun and she sure didn't look matronly. She looked like she was ready for a party to me. I am sure she is disappointed she isn't right now have a cigarette, drink, and romp in the hay. jmo

Once the date is determined you can rest assured they will sneak Casey out of the jail in the night. The jail has the right to move her a few hours before for her personal safety.

As soon as she's out of that cell, though, the other inmates will be phoning the outside! We'll know within the hour, mo.

Maybe it is just me, but that video where than man is singing "You'll be a woman soon" or whatever to Caylee is creepy....who is that man? Caylee seems to be trying to get away from him at one point...

I don't know who he is, but I noticed when I saw more of the video on NG that he sang, "Come back to me" instead of "you'll need a man." Maybe it was because she was running away but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he changed that line because, otherwise, singing it to a 2 year old - ewwwww.

I wonder why today's sentencing hearing Casey Anthony didn't say anything - I would think Jose Baez would have wanted her to get up and say - since Jose Baez has stated that this was an accident, Casey knew where Caylee was - something indicating that she is sorry. I know I do will not believe anything she says and am not interested in any book she writes or interview she gives about this - nothing she says now has any bearing. If she cared about her daughter then she would be willing to sit in prison because her life as she considered it would be over. I would think that The Defense Team would want her to start apologizing.

I'm not interested in reading a book Casey Anthony pens or an interview that she gives because none of it matters now. Even if she wants to tell the truth & what really happened - it's too late & by keeping her mouth closed so long shows she isn't sorry. I really hope that she will fade away & not be rewarded by becoming rich from murdering her child - I consider this the worst offense hurting your own child b/c a parent's duty is to protect their child and their child safe. She should not be rewarded by being off to live off monies received from telling how she murdered her daughter.

They probably didn't have her say anything because I'm sure she would have been nasty about getting away with murder. She just can't help herself, and I totally expect her at some point to say she got away with it, and there's nothing anyone can do to her now. She's so disgusting that way. She didn't look apologetic in the LEAST in court today. Her apologizing would have been more lies.

Will the time Casey served on the check fraud back in 2010 be deducted from the time she has left in jail?

Okay then - I am listening to Richard Hornsby saying he always believed ICA was a good mother who did not mistreat her child and he didn't buy the chloroform etc stories. And that if ICA writes a book it will be about Caylee and her life, and what life at home was like growing up with Lee and George. That this is a book the public will buy.

Uh Huh - okay Richard....And are you thinking we would hear one shred of truth in this book or would this be a Grim(ms) Fairy Tale?

And what is in that cup of yours, Sir?

I love RH,but I do not agree with that-The book will be all lies...AGAIN!

Well whatever, the end of July is a few days. Big Deal!

I'm not happy. I thought she'd have to serve another six months. Why look sad over another few days.

pfffffffffff
Because she and her DT are INSOLENT, INCORRIGIBLE and possess a deep sense of ENTITLEMENT! They honestly believe that they are ABOVE THE LAW.

From Thesaurus.com:http://thesaurus.com/browse/insolent

Any of these synonyms could apply:

Definition: bold, disrespectful
Synonyms: abusive, arrogant, barefaced, brassy, brazen, breezy, contemptuous, contumelious, dictatorial, discourteous, disdainful, flip*, fresh, imperative, impertinent, impolite, impudent, insubordinate, insulting, magisterial, nervy, off-base, offensive, out-of-line, overbearing, peremptory, pert, procacious, put down, rude, sassy*, saucy*, smart, smart-alecky, uncivil, ungracious

I wonder why today's sentencing hearing Casey Anthony didn't say anything - I would think Jose Baez would have wanted her to get up and say - since Jose Baez has stated that this was an accident, Casey knew where Caylee was - something indicating that she is sorry. I know I do will not believe anything she says and am not interested in any book she writes or interview she gives about this - nothing she says now has any bearing. If she cared about her daughter then she would be willing to sit in prison because her life as she considered it would be over. I would think that The Defense Team would want her to start apologizing.

I'm not interested in reading a book Casey Anthony pens or an interview that she gives because none of it matters now. Even if she wants to tell the truth & what really happened - it's too late & by keeping her mouth closed so long shows she isn't sorry. I really hope that she will fade away & not be rewarded by becoming rich from murdering her child - I consider this the worst offense hurting your own child b/c a parent's duty is to protect their child and their child safe. She should not be rewarded by being off to live off monies received from telling how she murdered her daughter.
They don't want her to say anything because they want her first words to be in a paid interview. :sick:

Sources tell News 13 that Casey Anthony is still inside the Orange County Courthouse. #CaseyAnthony
by cfnews13casey via twitter 4:03 PM

FGS!!!!!! The death penalty was up to the jury!!!!!! What a dumb***!

The mentality of this jury is making me livid. FGS, if they didn't understand the charges and the punishment associated with charges other than 1st degree murder, WTF didn't they ask the judge for more explanation. And why didn't the ask for a definition of REASONABLE doubt. This <modsnip> is going to walk free soon because 12 people wanted to go home and refused to study the 30 pages or ask for evidence review, judge's help anything. This is why I can't get over this verdict. :maddening:

Here's what I think is going on. They socked it to her at sentencing today...she is returning to jail until the end of august when they will decide how much time is remaining after all she served and time for good behaviour etc.....here;s the zinger...the judge blew her off purposely in my opinion until the end of august so she will stay there until the other cases pending against her are heard, the prosecution aided in that as well, also, he fined her 4000$ and told her she can appeal his decision. He asked her if she can afford the appeal (knowing she can't) and also if she has the funds to pay the 4 grand. She said no, he said file bankruptcy. Bankruptcy means that you can only make a small income of money during the time you are under bankruptcy and the rest the gov't takes. So basically, whatever money she makes that's left, she will have to pay her other cases. They are basically going to financially drowned her and any future money she makes....the gov't put a lien on her money as well becuase she owes the irs. I think the prosecution and the judge will find a way to make her pay for this in some way

Thank You, this post made me feel a little better, only a little. I am at work and was on the phone as HHJP was talking. I got to see Casey though, hair down, lilac shirt, this is all so very wrong.

No wonder the release prisoners by mistake a whole courthouse full of lawyers judges and LE can't figure out sentence - time served... yiiikkkeeesss! just round it off to 30 years FGS

bobkealing bob kealing
Court papers show #CaseyAnthony given 1043 days credit for time served. Still trying to determine release date.

What is the big deal with her hair? Who cares how she wears it? I think she wore it up or back in trial because she could not stop playing with it...

And here we have it folks, the were at a 6-6 vote for manslaughter but the 'not guilty' voters would not change their minds and turned the 'guilty' voters around. This article makes me even more pissed than before. They rushed to their decision!
http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/article1179177.ece

I think they were tired of being locked in their hotels and were ready to go home. Rather than work hard and fight for what you feel was the truth, they just caved and moved on.

They should have held their ground and at least given a hung jury and have this re-tried later IF they truly felt she was guilty of manslaughter at a minimum.

The prosecution figures are ICA should get credit for 1043 days, meaning she still has 417 days left to serve. I still don't get that... what about the check charge sentence? Wasn't that one and a half years?

There will be people that like her in jail, because there will be people just like her there, unfortunately. I don't think there would be MANY people that give her the time of day, but there will be some. When she gets out, it will be the same thing. The crazies will seek her out, but a majority of people will continue to have a strong dislike for her, as I believe they should.

We should be thankful that we don't have to come in contact with this woman, or her horrible family. I hope that anyone who does, is smart enough to avoid them like the plague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500