2011.07.21 HLN & FOX News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
On NG's FB page ,I noticed she has nearly 6000 comments after the bit about Al Taylor/Casey from last night...thousands more comments than she usually has about any one item...so I guess she is taking a cue from her fans and sticking with the story (Casey) that gives her higher ratings...JMO

He most certainly did imply misconduct on the part of the Prosecutors. Then when the heat started coming down, he conveniently deleted his statement and is now trying to deny it? Wow! Of course, he SHOULD know there's still a cached version of it floating around.

IMO, after reading Mr. Bradley's news release, he did not imply misconduct on the part of the Prosecutors. He is basically saying that the computer forensics technicians from the OCSO are the ones who dropped the ball, and weren't as diligent as they should have been.

An excellent article by JWG and Valhall from The Hinky Meter:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/0...4-visits-or-not-and-why-it-matters/#more-7501

IMO, after reading Mr. Bradley's news release, he did not imply misconduct on the part of the Prosecutors. He is basically saying that the computer forensics technicians from the OCSO are the ones who dropped the ball, and weren't as diligent as they should have been.

That is what he meant but the truth is OCSO had it correct the first time with one. OCSO's mistake was taking it to Mr. Bradley to confirm it was correct. So if you want to say OCSO was at fault, yes, they were. They never should have brought it to Mr. Bradley in the first place. But we did not hear Mr. Bradley say that.... lol

I can hear KC now...."See, Jose, I told you I only did it once." jmo

I'm still watching.
The story about Caylee didn't die just because her murderer got out of jail IMO.
I liked the fact that NG had someone down at the 'dump site' to show how vile it was there, while at the same time showing JB's comments about Macaluso having 'fun' with the press.

Remember the boy who cried Wolf! story? I think that's what going to happen in this "Where's Casey" game. How many false or staged sitings of Casey can we have before we all say Bull.

Macaluso can have all the "fun" he wants but it will get old fast.

Zsa,Zsa, your opening sentence is very beguiling. Thanks.

Just my opinion ...

The “84-visits-vs.-1-visit” to the chloroform page at sci-spot.com is meaningless to me in the grand scheme of things.

So … Casey visited that particular page only one time from the Anthony home computer.

ADDITIONALLY, Casey Google-searched the word “chloroform” TWICE, she Google-searched the phrase “how to make chloroform” TWICE, and also searched Wikipedia for chloroform.

If I remember correctly, she also deleted the Firefox browser history on July 16, 2008, prior to her initial arrest. There was some reason that Casey didn’t want these searches to be discovered. Consciousness of guilt?

Certainly, the OCSO computer forensics team should have been more diligent in their duty to inform the prosecution of both the NetAnalysis and CacheBack discrepancies, but, IMHO, regardless of the number of times sci-spot.com was visited, there is ample computer forensic evidence that chloroform and variants were searched for multiple times by Casey on the Anthony home computer. The 84-vs.-1 does not detract from that.

I am sorry but I wish people would stop watching programs that speak of KC like she is some celebrity! This is outragious to give someone who got away with murder the time of day is beyond me. I did stop watching HLN, In session, or any media site that begins to mention KC and the need to find her. I truley wish she would never show her face again, but that probably won't happen. If people tune in to these programs every time they speak of KC the money for her to show her shameful self will just grow. I hope people stop tuning in so we can stop this madness.

I am sorry but I wish people would stop watching programs that speak of KC like she is some celebrity! This is outragious to give someone who got away with murder the time of day is beyond me. I did stop watching HLN, In session, or any media site that begins to mention KC and the need to find her. I truley wish she would never show her face again, but that probably won't happen. If people tune in to these programs every time they speak of KC the money for her to show her shameful self will just grow. I hope people stop tuning in so we can stop this madness.

I couldn't agree more! Write the news agencies. I emailed several today to let them know my thoughts.

Though I appreciate your coverage of the trial, I cannot and will not in good conscience watch anything you report relating to Casey Anthony and her life. I don't care where Casey is nor do I want to hear spin about any offers she may or may not be getting. I for one don't want to have any part in her financial support or profits from 'her' story. Though she was acquitted of murdering her daughter, a great majority believe she is NOT innocent. The grief she has caused as a result of her actions is absolutely beyond comprehension. She is a most despicable human being in my opinion and elevating her to idol/star status is an outrage and a disgrace. If there is any justice in all of this let's remember little Caylee and put our effort and energy into supporting other victims and their families.
Thank you

Maybe if we keep talking someone will listen.

The letter I just wrote to HLN:

While I have appreciated HLN's coverage of Caylee Anthony over the past three years, I followed this story so that justice would be served. 2/3rds of the country do not feel justice was served. Nancy Grace should be commended as she is one who follows her beliefs in seeking justice. At this point though further coverage on any of HLN's shows isn't about seeking justice any longer. At this point coverage is now about Casey Anthony, how much she will make, where she is, what is she doing.....PLEASE stop the coverage regarding Casey. 12 jurors did not find justice for Caylee, but the rest of the world can by ignoring Casey and by not playing into her and her attorney's games. I think if you do a "wrap up/tribute" to Caylee show, the nation will watch and then do not cover Casey again until she is arrested, no doubt she will be tied into a courtroom for a very long time. Please stop the non-coverage of Casey and have all of your shows start covering all of the other victims who need our help in seeking justice. I want to turn your channel back on in this house, but I cannot as long as each of your shows is entitled basically "Where's Casey". I don't care where she is unless she is back in a jail cell. Thank you.

I LOVE IT! Could you please tell me where to send a letter. Did you email or send snail mail? I'm ready for a new spotlight case. God Bless Nancy Grace for bringing this one to our attention, but enough already!

Above BBM
I just don't understand this AT ALL!

My first job out of high school before Jr. College term started: I was, what they called back then, a "Fact Checker".
Actually, I was a glorified Go-Fer but 50% of my job was going behind the writers and fact-checking.......and there was NO Internet then!

Monday, Wednesday and Friday I drove around in my little blue Opel (NO A/C), all over the city, NOT reimbursed for gas/mileage, and checked facts.
Lots of my time was spent waiting around at the court house for paperwork/copies.
Made sure names and addresses were correct/spelled correctly.
Checked correct ownership of properties.
Made sure of actual charges comparing to already recorded rap sheets.
ETC.

In today's world there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER not to have the correct information, literally, at one's fingertips.....NO Reason at all except and unless all the media are only looking for 1. Sensationalism, 2. $$$-The bottom line.

That was called WORK. Things are so easy to look up today that I sometimes think they don't get their information from documents but from blogs.....???? jmo

On NG's FB page ,I noticed she has nearly 6000 comments after the bit about Al Taylor/Casey from last night...thousands more comments than she usually has about any one item...so I guess she is taking a cue from her fans and sticking with the story (Casey) that gives her higher ratings...JMO

I am not watching any of them if they are talking about Casey anthony, JVM had on that guy that killed his parents and I was watching...as soon as she switched to Casey anthony I turned the channel, didn't watch NG either...Once they stop with the Casey Anthony stuff I will start watching them again. The media are the ones keeping this story alive, they all should just drop it..Who cares if Chaney Mason is getting threatening phone calls, is that really news...what did he expect, geeesh

Everyone just stay clear of Casey Anthony - unless you want to and have good reason to sue her. She shatters the lives of ALL people who come into contact with her.
Just stay clear, ya´hear!
That goes for her DT too, but they sure have a hot potatoe on their hands now, and I bet thay have no idea what to do with her!

Will HLN keep the feeding frenzy going? Attempting to keep the interest in Casey Anthony alive? Giving precious prime time coverage to freelance producers willing to pay Casey Anthony a million dollars for an interview?

Nancy Grace tells Baez the last laugh is on him? No Ms. Grace, the last laugh is on you. You're still talking about it!

I missed NG yesterday and Dr. Drew, but did catch Joy. I wish all would stop this madness and get off the Casey Anthony merry-go-round. If the media backs off, and some of them are, it would be increasingly difficult for JB and KC to rake in money for interviews. It would serve them right not to make a profit from the death of Caylee.

I'd like to see all the Anthonys and the defense team simply fade away and no media interest in interviews. For JB and KC, no huge profits. For GA and CA, it would be difficult to get donations for their soon-to-be-announced foundation with no media exposure.

An excellent article by JWG and Valhall from The Hinky Meter:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/0...4-visits-or-not-and-why-it-matters/#more-7501

Yes, I read the article, which (along with Hornsby's blog) is what got this whole RUMOR of misconduct snowballing in the first place, IMO. It's a shame they didn't take the time to first check the facts, which could have been accomplished by simply watching the readily available video of the trial where it was discussed.

It's clear to me that the implications were of prosecutorial misconduct - either directly or indirectly. People like Geraldo are still perpetuating it. And sadly, many will continue to believe it, although patently untrue.

JMO

I LOVE IT! Could you please tell me where to send a letter. Did you email or send snail mail? I'm ready for a new spotlight case. God Bless Nancy Grace for bringing this one to our attention, but enough already!

I emailed all of the shows on HLN through their site but have also emailed letters to so many other networks/publishers. This page at HLN supplies the HLN links needed for submitting a comment: http://www.cnn.com/feedback/hdlns/

On another thread here on Websleuths, "Death Takes an Agent", page 1 of the thread, Blonde Gurrl supplies so many companies contact information: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144232"]Death Takes an Agent - Profiting from the Death of Caylee **NO DISCUSSION PLEASE** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hope this information is helpful.

More power to those of you who could watch Geraldo.

I hit mute as fast as I could, although I know he must have insider knowledge due to JB. (And therefore, I don't trust 1% of anything GR reports.)

Nope, it's not worth watching GR.

I DOOOO like Fox for much of my news coverage, but cannot stand GR. I will NOT watch anything with him spouting off. He needs to go away. Maybe this, his relationship with JB, et al, could be hitting a low. And that's saything something.

I think it's time I send a little email to Fox - it'll feel good to do so, haha

:cheer:

Just got my Newsweek magazine in the mail and FCA is mentioned in an article called "The Ones That Got Away" right alongside the likes of OJ Simpson and Joran VanDer Sloot... :sick:

:great: Velouria ...

I just noticed your "Don't Drink the Pinellas Punch" ... and the NO Kool-Aid ....

HILARIOUS ... Love it !!!

:great::great: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::great:

:seeya: Thanks dog.gone. :wink:

I have no transcriptionist skills but the gist was

a) Casey Anthony is more reviled than OJ simpson or Micheal Jackson. It's not fair! Waaaaah!

b)He implies the public hates her so because of the supposed 84 searches. (I guess he forgot about the 31 days. But anyway....)

c) GR played fast and loose with the facts surrounding the 1 vs 84 searches. While he delicately danced around the correct timeline, he still managed to imply that LDB withheld exculpatory (sp) material and was somehow obligated to bring it up during her closing arguement. Then he went on to say had Casey been found guilty, there would have been a reversal and in the new trial, state wouldn't have been able to mention chloroform at all. :waitasec:

Geraldo has been playing this since the beginning. He's biased because of his close personal relationship with JB. Geraldo did the first interview by a national news media with JB and Cindy two days after KC was arrested in July 2008. I wondered then how Geraldo beat out all the other national news media for an interview. It was later that we learned that Geraldo and JB were buddies.

I still think Geraldo is going to do the first interview with KC and JB, but not for the big dollar figures JB thinks it's worth.

Geraldo has been playing this since the beginning. He's biased because of his close personal relationship with JB. Geraldo did the first interview by a national news media with JB and Cindy two days after KC was arrested in July 2008. I wondered then how Geraldo beat out all the other national news media for an interview. It was later that we learned that Geraldo and JB were buddies.

I still think Geraldo is going to do the first interview with KC and JB, but not for the big dollar figures JB thinks it's worth.

I wonder if Geraldo himself would pay the money (to Jose/Casey) for the interview. Then trying to turn around and sell it to the networks as a freelance piece...that no one wants.

I have a feeling that selling an infamous person such as Ms. Anthony would be about the same as selling real estate in a buyers market. Take the first offer. It's the best you're gonna get. It's all downhill from here.

By my estimation, even if she got a million, Jose would get a cut, taxes would eat up almost half, then she repays the state plus her previous tax bill ... what does that leave her? Maybe 200,000 to live off of for the next 50 years? That'd be far below poverty level.

ICA/DT are so tied up in knots with their own lies it would be foolish for her to appear on TV - everyone suing her would have just so much more ammunition with which to shoot her down...

BBM...

.. and there's the crux of JB's problem.. right there in a nutshell. He simply CANNOT let CFCA do an interview all on her lonesome. He KNOWS she runs her mouth to her own detriment and just doesn't know when to shut up. A talk show host is NOT the same as LE interviewing her. These folks make their livelihood by getting people to talk and say things they did not intend to and they won't be up front and open like LE were in their talks with her, even the ones who agree to only ask certain questions. JB KNOWS that the moment you get her talking.. she is full of too much info and too little common sense. She is close to him and under his thumb right now and he is going to keep his loose cannon close. He won't risk an interview without him by her side. They remain a package deal because he honestly has no other choice. She is great at not speaking at all... but horrific at trying to talk and not give anything away.

just my two cents
pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads