2011.7.12 Presser with Investigators 1:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme
apparently she is thinking of changing her looks and her name... (and will also need to finish high school I suppose)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/12...-release-from/

Until she craves the mountain of attention she has enjoyed for the last 3 years. We truly will have to put her on ignore, because I think she will crave the limelight and try to get us to pay attention. :twocents:

I think that's meant to create more drama, because of course, she is so special. No way will she do this! She craves the limelight. She'll continue to burnish her image as the perennial victim, as this report suggests.

We're getting off topic. This thread will be closing shortly.

Does anyone have a link to the press conference online?

TIA!

I've been looking, haven't found it yet on wftv, wesh or msnbc. Wftv usually puts videos up in the evening.

BBM

True but, regardless, it won't be the KIND of celebrity she has likely always dreamt of; she's one of the most hated women ever, I'd argue. That's SOME celebrity I wouldn't want.

Reminds me of an old, twisted 'Fantasy Island' episode; watch what you wish for, you just may get it....sort of. ;)

Totally agree- she will never be a celebrity but will be notorious. She will not be famous but will be infamous. This woman will be widely reviled for decades.

It doesn't matter if Casey had a lawyer or not. Casey, like every other American citizen has the right to remain silent and not speak to LE

And sometimes its best! Don't get me wrong, my dad was LE,but there are occasions when silence is your best friend. Sometimes its best to talk to a Lawyer first.

I just lost a long post so I will try again. I want new laws
1. No more double jeporady. If new evidence come to light such as witness tampering, jury tampering, evidence jury made a decision that did not follow instruction the state can appeal the verdict. Why do we only allow the convicted that right?
2. It should be illegal to accuse someone other than defendant in a court of law as a defense tactic unless they have solid proof of a crime. GA should never have been allowed to be on trial.
3. In a circumstancial case all evidence should be allowed and not suppressed. If it makes the defendant look bad so what. Its part of the investigation. The jury should have smelled the cans, Kiomarie should have testified, the neighbors who the heard the fight on the 15th should have testified, shirleys emails about CA talking to a therapist about seeking custody of Caylee, the photobucket and myspace pics should have been presented as a slideshow, the email to LE about Caseys reaction the to remains found on Suburban should have been admitted vs testimomy on how she reacted to the remains in the park being found
4 a law should be enacted if a new confession or story is introduced only in trial but kept from LE or SAO all costs of investigation and prosecution should be charged to defendant and DT. By keeping this drowning a secret until trial they cost taxpayers millions and wasted resources.
5. If the state pays for a defense lawyer and other attorneys offer pro bono services then defendant should pick one. Its not fair for the state to pay for counsel while there were other lawyers working the case for free. Its double dipping. Its not fair to low profile defendants to have to only have one choice. Why should a high profile case get both. A state paid and pro bono lawyers? And how is casey indigent when she made $200k in 2008? I wouldn't be delcared indigent and I made far less than 200k during the course of the investigation/trial.
6. Sequestered jurys not never be left alone with each other during trial to "bond".
7. Deliberations should be videotaped to prevent unethical deliberations and discussions

That's my rant of the day

PLEASE NOTE: We will be closing this "Live Press Conference" thread shortly and opening one that includes links to recordings of the presser for further review and discussion.

A magic tunnel will be provided from this thread to the discussion thread.

We :heart: you. Carry on.

apparently she is thinking of changing her looks and her name... (and will also need to finish high school I suppose)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...o-use-false-name-disguises-upon-release-from/

This outrages me. Her lies worked before Caylee, while she was planning the murder of Caylee, after she killed Caylee, and during her death penalty trial for killing Caylee. What Casey wants Casey gets. No kid, no parents, no guilty verdict. What an awesome job Cindy did with Casey. Puke. Now she picks her new name. Man I was born into the wrong fam. ha. :sick:

I think the investigators deserve a lot of credit and thanks for all the work they did, but I do want to voice one thing. The investigation should have narrowed in on finding the body (and found it!) after the major clues of decomposition in the trunk and ICA's lies as to Caylee's whereabouts, where ICA worked, etc. revealed themselves. Had the body been found sooner this would have been a very easy case to get a conviction. One of ICA's friends even said that's where she likely put the body.

Awhhh. I love how they had the pic of Caylee up because they say that SHE was what this is all about. It was all about HER.

Yup and ICA will be laughing herself to the bank as she thinks about the huge waste of money that was spent on trying to bring her to justice. She knows she'll walk on having to pay for all that investigating too. I'm sure to ICA she didn't feel that Caylee was worth all the money and doesn't realize how everyone was only concerned with Caylee during that time.

I believe that this motion is being brought before HHJP. If that's the case, I would bet my last dime she won't walk on repayment. :innocent:

Hey peeps.

Part One of the interview is posted here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144364"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144364[/ame]

We will add links to the second half of the presser ASAP. Meantime, please begin moving your comments over to the discussion thread.

I saw a photo of J Baez, C Mason and all their team giving the presser right after the verdict. (I was in shock and couldn't watch it live) While I watched the end of this presser today, I was thinking. I would much rather be standing tall, shoulder to shoulder with today's team, even though Mr Baez's team is considered, by some, to be the 'winners'.

The people who gave this press interview can hold their heads up with pride in a job done with honesty and integrity. Can all of Mr Baez's team make the same claim?

Magical Tunnel to discussion thread for today's presser (with links):

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144364"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144364[/ame]

Closing up shop here shortly, so please hop aboard the magic carpet and fasten your seatbelts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox