2015.10.15 CWW Booked into Lee County Jail

Hmm.. if CWW called MS, it would show up as a local number in the log! Wondering if CWW had a cell phone with a FL number over the years..:thinking:

-Nin

Surely CWW knows all numbers on his personal cell phone(s) can be traced. I am curious if the phone number CWW called from his cell to the Miami # were made to a disposable phone who's identity will never be known. Ummmmm.

Surely CWW knows all numbers on his personal cell phone(s) can be traced. I am curious if the phone number CWW called from his cell to the Miami # were made to a disposable phone who's identity will never be known. Ummmmm.
Phone calls by inmates are RECORDED. Hmmm.....Only the calls between inmate and their attorney are considered privileged.
(In stating the aforementioned, I am OPEN to correction, if I have misunderstood the Florida law.)
"George and Shellie Zimmerman likely didn't think anyone else would decipher the codes they used during phone calls.

But investigators were listening to their jailhouse phone conversations, and prosecutors later used their words against them."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...phone-calls-jailhouse-phone-shellie-zimmerman

Anyone go to the courthouse today? Hoping for some docs to be released! NiN?

Anyone go to the courthouse today? Hoping for some docs to be released! NiN?

Have not heard from my source yet about availability. However, have sent in all requests; they are at the Clerk's office for approval and (e)mailing. If anything is unsealed, we will get it.

I am planning to be at the courthouse tomorrow morning, if the docs indeed become available today. Again, have not gotten any confirmation in today.

-Nin

Have not heard from my source yet about availability. However, have sent in all requests; they are at the Clerk's office for approval and (e)mailing. If anything is unsealed, we will get it.

I am planning to be at the courthouse tomorrow morning, if the docs indeed become available today. Again, have not gotten any confirmation in today.

-Nin

Thanks NIN!! I think many of us look to you for information...you are greatly appreciated :)

Here is some good general information in the meantime:

How criminal cases work- [Bold mine]

"The prosecution and the defense exchange information. This is called “discovery.” Defendants may be limited in what information they are able to see, but their lawyers usually are not. This is because lawyers are required by law to protect the identity of witnesses while still preparing a defense so that the witnesses are not put in jeopardy."

More here:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1069.htm

-Nin

"The prosecution and the defense exchange information. This is called “discovery.” Defendants may be limited in what information they are able to see, but their lawyers usually are not. This is because lawyers are required by law to protect the identity of witnesses while still preparing a defense so that the witnesses are not put in jeopardy."

More here:

-Nin
That's definitely good to know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

From article above* Thank you Arache
Following his arrest in late August, the phone logs show Wright's first two calls were to family: One to his father and the next to his new wife Angela about six minutes later.

But those were just the start -- over the next few months, Wright placed almost 300 calls -- totaling more than 18-hours on the phone, and racking up a bill of more than $400.

NBC2 called each and every number and discovered many were calls placed by Wright on the behalf of other inmates who had run out of minutes.

While nearly all of those numbers are still in service, we found four, including one number with a Miami area code, that have since been disconnected or taken out of service completely.

While they're no longer working, they were at some point, as Wright called them multiple times throughout his stay in Jefferson County.
At this point, it's not clear who was on the other line.

I wonder if some of the 300 calls on those phones that have mysteriously disappeared were to his "people" that everyone seems to be so terrified of? :phone: < x 300
For instance, having them pay a visit to the <modsnip> and making sure keeps his mouth shut? Or even threatening the <modsnip> family if he talks?

To bad for HIM that the <modsnip> has already spoken.

CWW already knew he was in big Trouble on July 12. Unfortunately, he had plenty of time to round up his gang/mob/posse's for back up and code words as needed for later. If hadn't been under heavy surveillance from July13, until his final arrest on August 27,(?) I've got a feeling the <modsnip> would have been already taken out of the equation. MOO

Did anyone listen to that news article? CWW calling disposable phones from in jail and one the numbers is from the Florida area..this is very telling imo!

Did anyone listen to that news article? CWW calling disposable phones from in jail and one the numbers is from the Florida area..this is very telling imo!
I'm really not surprised. Sooner (hopefully) than later, crims can't have this loophole.

I am waiting albeit not very patiently at this point! We need a thread filled with documents to discuss. Let's go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really not surprised. Sooner (hopefully) than later, crims can't have this loophole.

Yes! I keep hoping/assuming something has evolved to circumvent the anonymous aspect of throwaway phones for criminal and terrorist activity. I'll bet the government at large (maybe FBI by this time?) either has something in place without advertising it or is very close.

Ooh, question about this! Even though the number is presumably a disposable phone and is now disconnected, by tracing CWW's calls, can the destination location be determined? I have a "disposable" (meaning CHEAP I don't care if I lose it phone) because on one trip (okay, two separate trips I had to do this because .. oh, no excuse I just forgot) I left my phone at home and had to buy throw-aways at Walmart and then at 7-11 just so I could communicate. For less than $20 I got the no-frills phones with texting and 300 minutes each time. I continued to use them until the time ran out and I still have them. Each time, I got a phone number with different area codes to avoid higher per minute fees for people calling me. You can choose your area codes. The phones are considered disconnected only because I haven't put time on them. I will if I have the need again, they'll be reactivated. Sometimes when people move and for a period of time keep their old area code so family and friends don't spend a bunch. Nowadays, things may have changed that area codes and cell phones don't matter anymore as far as per minute charges and family and friends don't have to remember or program a new one. My mom still uses her phone number for this reason.

Does anyone know if disposables/prepaid phones have a GPS type thing so if you call 911 they can find you?

"The prosecution and the defense exchange information. This is called &#8220;discovery.&#8221; Defendants may be limited in what information they are able to see, but their lawyers usually are not. This is because lawyers are required by law to protect the identity of witnesses while still preparing a defense so that the witnesses are not put in jeopardy."

More here:

-Nin

Thanks for this explanation! :)

Some have speculated this is precisely why jodi arias (and I imagine other defendants try) acted as her own lawyer for a very short time - to be able to see ALL information. Grrr. Clever way around that lack of information. I wonder if (lol, IF) a defendant's lawyers actually give their client access to all the info the lawyers themselves get?

Not that it compares to murder, but isn't placing phone calls for other inmates some sort of major infraction while in jail? Undoubtedly, he's doing it to gain something whether it's protection (please don't rape me) and out of fear or just as another example of "what a great guy I am, doing this for y'all"

I didn't realize inmates were allowed to spend that much time on the phone? Who paid the $400 bill? The news reporters actually got a list and re-called all the same numbers? If the phones are all recorded, why did the reporters need to re-call the numbers themselves?

Formal public information request sent to the prosecutor's office.

-Nin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back