2015.10.15 CWW Booked into Lee County Jail

To help us understand the significance of this thought, would you say that the majority of humanity does NOT like being the "hero"?

I'm saying that a psychopath's motive and mindset in this scenario isn't about the well-being of the person he assisted. It's about how he is viewed by others as the "hero" and the attention he needs to feed the ego. Regardless, I'm glad it benefited you.

That's not, what was said. The poster said, psychopaths enjoy being the "hero". A true hero does not plan to be a hero. He or she would not even anticipate to become one, because they are busy involved with the process of being one right then despite of great danger. A hero will not like to be called a hero afterwards. He or she may feel even a bit embarrassed.

A psychopath may act like a hero, but will enjoy the recognition afterwards. He or she may even plan acts of heroism after evaluating the danger associated with it.

I would agree to say, that the majority of humanity does NOT like being a "hero" because of the danger accompanying such heroism. However, the majority of humanity will be glad, after they performed an act of heroism, just because it's over and they obviously survived it.

-Nin

Excellent post and thank you for explaining what I meant so spot on!!! I read your post after I replied to Skinner or else I would've just replied with "What Nin said". LOL!

I am the sister of a diagnosed and often imprisoned sociopath and your refusal to believe what is demonstrated is not unusual amongst those who are close to the sociopath. Sometimes it is because they have only had brief interractions and have only seen the 'loyal to the end' side of the sociopath. Sometimes it is because they would have to admit that they were fooled by the sociopath and this is quite difficult. Sometimes it is blind denial because of an affinity with or having profitted from the sociopath.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that a diagnosis would 'solve anything' but instead it helps us to understand how such a brutal, cold and calculated crime can happen. It really can help.

I chose to protect my family from my brother using an internet site to understand his personality prior to an official diagnosis. I don't wish to discuss the crime which led to his diagnosis, but I am certainly thankful that I was able to recognize what he is. Our Mother on the other hand thinks he is a lovable rogue and yet fears and enables him. Neither of us is wrong, we just have different ways of dealing with it.

A free pass to damage the character of CWW is probably not his biggest problem at the moment.

You and MS are both entitled to believe that your buddy is innocence personified, but you may have to respect that we don't all feel that way. I am truly sorry that this case has probably led to you having to reflect upon your own experiences with the accused killer, it is not an easy place to be in.

NSS, do you think your brother was born this way or was there something in the parenting/environment that made him this way?

NSS, do you think your brother was born this way or was there something in the parenting/environment that made him this way?

A blend of both PS. He was the youngest and only boy. He was spoilt and enabled by My Mother who hid his petty truanting, thefts etc from my father until he was 16 and ended up doing his first stint in a young offenders institution. He was certainly 'entitled' as a youth, but I assumed it was because he was spoiled. As he entered the drug scene at approx 17, first weed, then heroin, then pills, I am not sure if this added to his disorder. He was prescribed huge doses of anti depressants and anti anxiety meds in his many jail stints and at 20 he was hit by a car and almost killed (he was not 100% a victim, he was stealing with a friend who attempted to tow a bronze statue, which fell, the car lurched and hit my brother). He was formally diagnosed shortly afterwards when he almost killed one of his wives.

So I think he was born this way, but his parenting didn't address the behaviours and then his drug abuse muddied the waters.

A blend of both PS. He was the youngest and only boy. He was spoilt and enabled by My Mother who hid his petty truanting, thefts etc from my father until he was 16 and ended up doing his first stint in a young offenders institution. He was certainly 'entitled' as a youth, but I assumed it was because he was spoiled. As he entered the drug scene at approx 17, first weed, then heroin, then pills, I am not sure if this added to his disorder. He was prescribed huge doses of anti depressants and anti anxiety meds in his many jail stints and at 20 he was hit by a car and almost killed (he was not 100% a victim, he was stealing with a friend who attempted to tow a bronze statue, which fell, the car lurched and hit my brother). He was formally diagnosed shortly afterwards when he almost killed one of his wives.

So I think he was born this way, but his parenting didn't address the behaviours and then his drug abuse muddied the waters.
Thanks for sharing your very personal story.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The longer we wait for a doc dump the more I feel that something huge has been discovered during the murder investigation. I think that maybe there have been other arrests already made between Missouri and Florida that media has not made the connection to this case on. IMO Florida media does not just sit back and say ok we will wait until the prosecution decides they want to release them. They go to court and ask for the documents to be released, yet in this case they haven't done it. Why not?

The longer we wait for a doc dump the more I feel that something huge has been discovered during the murder investigation. I think that maybe there have been other arrests already made between Missouri and Florida that media has not made the connection to this case on. IMO Florida media does not just sit back and say ok we will wait until the prosecution decides they want to release them. They go to court and ask for the documents to be released, yet in this case they haven't done it. Why not?

:moo: the prosecution does not do the *releasing*. In this case it was asked by the prosecution iirc for everything to be sealed due to pending investigation of an active case. it appears that many documents will be released this Wednesday.. if somebody in the media or personally goes down to the court to get them . I'm not sure if that means something more *huge* has been discovered or from the get go ..or they want to protect an ACTIVE investigation that would be compromised if that 9 page original document was released ...or any others ..since then.

I think your spot on about both being responsible. Scientifically, our genes interact with the environment from the moment of conception and literally change the way our genes express themselves (epigenetics). So while you can have a genetic predisposition for something - sociopathy, bipolar disorder, lung cancer, etc - it's the interaction of those genes with the specific environment that will determine if those genes express the negative trait or avoid the negative consequences. The nature vs. nurture fight was decided a decade ago and the winner was both!

Sorry for the science rant, sometimes I can't help myself!:thinking::silenced:

:moo: the prosecution does not do the *releasing*. In this case it was asked by the prosecution iirc for everything to be sealed due to pending investigation of an active case. it appears that many documents will be released this Wednesday.. if somebody in the media or personally goes down to the court to get them . I'm not sure if that means something more *huge* has been discovered or from the get go ..or they want to protect an ACTIVE investigation that would be compromised if that 9 page original document was released ...or any others ..since then.
Thank you, I didn't realize we may be getting docs on Wednesday.

The moment they are released in discovery to the defense, IIRC.

Today's docket entry:

11/02/2015 Order of Reassignment Filed & Order Containing Notice of Hearing

http://apps2.leeclerk.org/FreeSearch/default.aspx

Search by Case - 15-CF-000674

11/02/2015 Order of Reassignment Filed
& Order Containing Notice of Hearing
11/16/2015 CANCELED Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Porter, J Frank)
Case Re-Assigned
Case Re-Assigned
11/16/2015 Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Porter, J Frank)
Im confused why its cancelled twice and still standing on last one when these all all alike.

Case Re-Assigned
Case Re-Assigned
Im confused why its cancelled twice and still standing on last one when these all all alike.

Is there an update somewhere else on this? Is the 16th still the court date?

Aww, the poor thing hasn't had any visitors since he got to FL? My heart bleeds for him.

Is there an update somewhere else on this? Is the 16th still the court date?

As far as I've heard, the arraignment date is still on 11/16/15, 8:30am, room 4A. Curtis doesn't necessarily have to attend.

Don't know why they've cancelled and re-assigned. Maybe nobody wants to touch the guy?

Maybe they don't have enough security in place? Maybe his lawyer's not ready?

One way, or another...it's going down, for REAL!!!

Case Re-Assigned
Case Re-Assigned

Didn't CWW waive arraignment to expedite discovery? Will look for a link.

ETA: found link. http://naplesherald.com/2015/10/21/suspect-in-sievers-murder-waives-arraignment-hires-attorney/

Elizabeth Parker filed a plea of not guilty and waived the arraignment. No need for CWW to be present to file the plea.

Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure
RULE 3.160. ARRAIGNMENT

(a) Nature of Arraignment. The arraignment shall be conducted in open court or by audiovisual device in the discretion of the court and shall consist of the judge or clerk or prosecuting attorney reading the indictment or information on which the defendant will be tried to the defendant or stating orally to the defendant the substance of the charge or charges and calling on the defendant to plead thereto. The reading or statement as to the charge or charges may be waived by the defendant. If the defendant is represented by counsel, counsel may file a written plea of not guilty at or before arraignment and thereupon arraignment shall be deemed waived.

http://floridacriminalprocedure.com/3-160-arraignment/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back