2016.02.23 Jimmy Ray Rodgers booked into Lee County Jail

Wonder if JRR has finally agreed to testify about something?
JMO, but I think the delay was to wrap up Mark's trial first. Each side already told the judge that they would take 2.5 hours to speak at JRR's sentencing hearing. That would totally disrupt Mark's jury selection Monday. The Judge wants to get a seated jury with no delays

I'm curious also about the 'infirmary' suit they had him in. Mr. Tough guy was ok with doing time for 2nd degree before, whats up now? Sympathy, or did it finally hit him? And if it DID, will he testify in Marks trial for a hope at a lesser sentence? One can hope.
They had no problem taking a life but yet they are fighting for their life or might want to take their own. I think reality set in for JRR. His hammer days are over....

I'm curious also about the 'infirmary' suit they had him in. Mr. Tough guy was ok with doing time for 2nd degree before, whats up now? Sympathy, or did it finally hit him? And if it DID, will he testify in Marks trial for a hope at a lesser sentence? One can hope.

Hope for Recoveries

I'm hoping that since JRR was enthralled with Murder, Death, and Destruction--that CWW entertained him with stories of what CWW (and anybody else) did in the past. It was a long trip down. Hope Curtis shared with Jimmy how they killed and where they buried the other missing victims in MO. If LE is able to recover any evidence, thanks to JRR's recounting, then THAT would be worth consideration of a lesser sentence. If not, then I don't care how many funny suits he wears, JRR should be condemned to LWOP in the great state of Florida.

So I'm probably in the wrong spot..there are so many threads I'm not sure where to be..let me know.
I've of course been following this whole event all along, but it just struck me..there were comments about the jury not knowing about tatoos or JRRs nickname (or at least the defense objected to the nickname) and then comments about "well wait til the jury finds out later.."
Well, omg if I were on that jury...and didn't know these things but found out later AFTER I gave my decision, I would be SO mad! How would it not be relevant that a person who drives across the country to kill a woman with a hammer, calls himself THE hammer? How would permanent tatoos on one's body professing death, destruction, etc NOT be relevant?
Personally, if that came out after the fact and I were on that jury I would be traumatized. I would be very angry and really have a hard time dealing with that over time. Sorry, I think that kind of stuff is totally relevant.

@skyedaze Everything you wrote makes common sense! In so many other industries it is required by law to have "full and fair disclosures" of all known facts, defects, side affects, possible side affects, adverse affects, financial projections....yada, yada, yada. (Ever read a perspectus? A car lease contract? Or even the disclosures that come with a prescription?) Consumer protection is a big industry must. Even a pack of cigarettes discloses known hazards!! But a lying criminal, still on probation no less, gets to show up for court dressed like clean cut Clark Kent, with no warnings or disclosures for the jurors. As a matter of fact, going out of their way to cover up those evil-braggadocius "inkings", he happily/willingly had memorialized on his body. Go Figure. IMO..... A great disservice perpetrated on the trusting minds of citizens in public service. The court, in theory is trusting them with the future of a defendant's life, but doesn't trust them enough to handle the defendant's past.
As I have so often stated, I am dumber than a rock when it comes to courtroom procedures. But you don't have to hit me with a rock to know none of this seems fair or proper. :mad::mad::mad:
(Please read SKYDAZE's excellent post...somehow I didn't attach & quote.)

Last edited:
Teresa's Gun

Did detectives ever account for Teresa's hand gun? I seem to recall someone telling us that Teresa only had carry-on luggage. I know that guns have to travel in checked-in luggage, unloaded. But the killers might not have known that. I was thinking that, maybe, JRR had been rummaging through Teresa's luggage, looking to steal her gun on the way out.

Teresa's Gun

Did detectives ever account for Teresa's hand gun? I seem to recall someone telling us that Teresa only had carry-on luggage. I know that guns have to travel in checked-in luggage, unloaded. But the killers might not have known that. I was thinking that, maybe, JRR had been rummaging through Teresa's luggage, looking to steal her gun on the way out.
I can't give you a link for this, but I seem to remember the gun was left in the glove compartment of the van in the airport car park.

Doe Run Resource Corporation

No wonder they keep losing blue coveralls at the Doe Run facility. Seems like they have a history of not doing things "according to Hoyle". No oversight. No accountability. I wonder if they even bother to lock the place up overnight? Crushing and desolving capabilities...things that make you go, "Hmmm".

I hope this works. I started reading the first entry by ksdk, April 4, 2018. It has a big picture of the facility. You will have to google the following:

Doe Run ordered to cleanup more than 4,000 lead-contaminated Missouri properties|ksdk.com

Turns out these people are Big-Time criminals, themselves. I knew that witness sounded a bit too "chipper" to me.

Can't the judge still grant the death penalty to JRR? Why are we talking about LWOP with this animal? I thought I heard that the judge was the one with the ultimate decision. That murder was so heinous that they ALL deserve the death penalty!!!

Can't the judge still grant the death penalty to JRR? Why are we talking about LWOP with this animal? I thought I heard that the judge was the one with the ultimate decision. That murder was so heinous that they ALL deserve the death penalty!!!
I think it's because he was found guilty of 2nd degree murder, not 1st. Plus I believe in Florida the death penalty needs to be imposed by a unanimous jury verdict, not the judge.

Senate Bill 280 (2017) - The Florida Senate

I'm not trying to justify any of this, just stating I don't believe it's legally possible for JRR to get the death penalty.

I think it's because he was found guilty of 2nd degree murder, not 1st. Plus I believe in Florida the death penalty needs to be imposed by a unanimous jury verdict, not the judge.

Senate Bill 280 (2017) - The Florida Senate

I'm not trying to justify any of this, just stating I don't believe it's legally possible for JRR to get the death penalty.
You are correct - because JRR was convicted of 2nd degree murder, the death penalty is off the table.
If he was convicted of 1st degree murder, the death penalty would still be on the table. The same jury would then have to decide if it was death penalty or life without parole and then the judge would also have to decide if it was death penalty too. The judge has the final vote on the death penalty.

This is a fascinating interview. The majority wanted 1st degree and they had to explain the evidence to a couple of jurors. ETA and then they ended up compromising on 2nd degree so they wouldn't hang.

Thank you for the heads up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back