4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attorneys for Bryan Kohberger met the Wednesday deadline to file their client’s alibi defense in the murder case against him in the deaths of four University of Idaho students in November 2022.

In a 10-page filing near the end of the day, Kohberger’s attorneys added extra details about their client’s whereabouts the early morning of the knife attack. “Mr. Kohberger was out driving in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, 2022; as he often did to hike and run and/or see the moon and stars,” the alibi defense filing reads. “He drove throughout the area south of Pullman, Washington, west of Moscow, Idaho including Wawawai Park.”

The document, signed by Anne Taylor, Kohberger’s lead public defender, said the defense plans to call an expert witness in cell tower data to partially corroborate this alibi. The filing added some extra details to an alibi defense previously filed by his defense last year.

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article287785705.html#storylink=cpy

Attorneys for Bryan Kohberger met the Wednesday deadline to file their client’s alibi defense in the murder case against him in the deaths of four University of Idaho students in November 2022.

In a 10-page filing near the end of the day, Kohberger’s attorneys added extra details about their client’s whereabouts the early morning of the knife attack. “Mr. Kohberger was out driving in the early morning hours of Nov. 13, 2022; as he often did to hike and run and/or see the moon and stars,” the alibi defense filing reads. “He drove throughout the area south of Pullman, Washington, west of Moscow, Idaho including Wawawai Park.”

The document, signed by Anne Taylor, Kohberger’s lead public defender, said the defense plans to call an expert witness in cell tower data to partially corroborate this alibi. The filing added some extra details to an alibi defense previously filed by his defense last year.

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article287785705.html#storylink=cpy
Yeah he was moon and star gazing. Sure Jan. Whatever.

Oof... Obviously I never plan to unalive someone but if I did, I'd want her as my attorney.

Good grief.

Local article with PDF
the mentioned park is only 49 acres and has a one half mile hiking trail. A half mile is pretty short - did he go back and forth on it in the dark, say 10x?
1713401771490.png

Wawawai County Park - All You Need to Know BEFORE ...​

1713401771529.png
Tripadvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.com › Attraction_Review-g586...

Wawawai Park idaho from www.tripadvisor.com
A beautiful park in the middle of nowhere with water access and children's play equipment and great camping and a hiking trail with interpretive signs. Also ...

Rating: 4.5 · ‎ 23 reviews

the mentioned park is only 49 acres and has a one half mile hiking trail. A half mile is pretty short - did he go back and forth on it in the dark, say 10x?
View attachment 497894

Wawawai County Park - All You Need to Know BEFORE ...​

View attachment 497895
Tripadvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.com › Attraction_Review-g586...

View attachment 497896
A beautiful park in the middle of nowhere with water access and children's play equipment and great camping and a hiking trail with interpretive signs. Also ...

Rating: 4.5 · ‎ 23 reviews

Ironically, never been there. BK doth protest too much. JMOO Now I know he is lying. No one mentions this park. Feels like a lie with too much specificity. It is a campsite, not someplace you would visit in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
I am confused....I thought the defense was supposed to provide a witness or some kind of proof....are they now asking the prosecution to provide that proof? Is this cell phone expert going to provide the proof he was at this park?
Basically, the prosecution has the evidence that his phone was there, and if they don’t, they’re committing a coverup.

Or something.

Basically, the prosecution has the evidence that his phone was there, and if they don’t, they’re committing a coverup.

Or something.

This evidence from the prosecutor sounds like it is Exculpatory Evidence.

Exculpatory Evidence must be turned over...Supreme Court ruling. In Brady, the Supreme Court held that the due process clause under the Constitution requires the prosecution to turn over all Exculpatory Evidence—i.e., evidence favorable to the defendant.

Evidence in criminal prosecutions can generally fall into two main categories:
  1. Inculpatory evidence: Evidence tending to incriminate a defendant or indicate their guilt; and
  2. Exculpatory evidence: Evidence tending to exonerate a defendant or helps establish their innocence.
So an eyewitness testifying that you were at the scene of a crime would constitute Inculpatory Evidence.

Cell phone location data saying you were somewhere else at the time would be exculpatory.

DNA evidence could be either Inculpatory or Exculpatory, depending on the test results.

I am confused....I thought the defense was supposed to provide a witness or some kind of proof....are they now asking the prosecution to provide that proof? Is this cell phone expert going to provide the proof he was at this park?
He is going to offer photos he took of the stars other nights to prove he looks at stars at night.

Hard that night near Pullman though - ICE FOG all night.

Last edited:
this is utterly bizarre to me. obviously if they have evidence his cell phone was there at the time the murders were being committed that is not nothing, but at the same time…it took you *eighteen months* to reveal this? if the cops were saying they had DNA evidence that matched mine from a crime scene, and had identified my car as being near the crime scene at the time the crime was being committed, but i knew that I had actually been around in a random park at 3 am for no apparent reason and could prove it, that would’ve been my first course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaThemisProject