4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91

Media Thread/No Discussion
Media Thread/No Discussion #2

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Media Guide to the Idaho Courts

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Last edited by a moderator:
All of this potential delay to 2025 is both to benefit BK’s delayed consequences and to ensure he’s not off the hook by technicality.
Otherwise, the real mass murderer is still out there. If the house—demoed or enshrined—hindered healing, the wait for his conviction must be exponentially so. Weird he’s allowed so much time, but the kids had only seconds.

Weird he’s allowed so much time, but the kids had only seconds.
<snipped for focus>

The state is accountable to its citizens, especially when it acts to take the life of one of its citizens. The defense and prosecution both need to take all the time they need to ensure their accountability in this momentous decision. These are the checks and balances. I don't think we would want to have it any other way. I sure wouldn't.

All of this potential delay to 2025 is both to benefit BK’s delayed consequences and to ensure he’s not off the hook by technicality.
Otherwise, the real mass murderer is still out there. If the house—demoed or enshrined—hindered healing, the wait for his conviction must be exponentially so. Weird he’s allowed so much time, but the kids had only seconds.
They probably just want to give him extra time to remember where he was that night. Maybe a road sign or a McDonald's or some hallmark that vageuly sticks out. Something other than the truth (MOO) that doesn't include parking outside of the house on King Rd to murder 4 innocent people.

MOO

I would like that. And they can pack him up and haul him away tomorrow. We need a little space in Moscow. Maybe distance will give us a reprieve. JMOO
I'm amazed it was not organized/thought about EARLIER o_O

After all,
the trial was supposed to be in October 2023, then summer this year.

I could have sworn we discussed this topic months ago!
Yep, I even wrote about it here.

Oh, well....
Too bad

I'm surprised the motion for change of venue only mentioned jury pool issues. I don't think a new venue will make much difference in that regard, and actually there is some benefit in having a jury that's familiar with King road, the surroundings, the particular topography of the neighborhood, cell phone network coverage and potetntial dead zones in the area, etc.
IMO the main problem with having the trial in Moscow is scheduling: the prosecutor's priority seems to be on not disrupting the school across the street and parking/lodging. (eyeroll)
Move it out of Moscow and that problem goes away. No considerations about lodgings or parking will interfere with scheduling the trial for whenever is truly the right time for it.

Boise will be their go to city. Wait for it. I know I am.
I'm going to disagree. I believe it will stay in North Idaho. As it stands right now, BK is brought to the proceedings from his cell below the court room.

If this trial were moved to Boise, security would become a major issue/expense, to house and transport him. If people in London, England are talking about this case, what is the point of a venue change, even to Boise. The publicity of this case has saturated Idaho, not to mention international interest.

I would not doubt that the judge grants a delay to 2025 for the defense but I really hope the prosecution wins the venue
issue. Needless spending just to ensure he gets a fair trial. Jury selection is going to be interesting. Can they find someone who has lived under a mushroom for the last year, never read a newspaper, never watched the news or interacted with other people? Maybe so, but can they find 12 of the above as well as substitutes?

I do hope they keep the trial in Moscow.

But the same circumstances existed with Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow and their trials were moved to Boise where they believed population wise they would have a better chance of jurors that do live under a mushroom.

Boise would also have the needed hotel space for the reporters, expert witnesses etc. And of course a secure cell for Kohberger and plenty of armed guards for him too.

We will see sometime in the distant future what the defense wants but as the largest city in Idaho it has all the criteria needed.

@BrianEntin

Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger’s defense team is asking the judge to allow three experts to review secret IGG (investigative genetic genealogy) evidence.

Dr. Leah Larkin – DNA expert
Bicka Barlow – lawyer and DNA consultant
Steven Mercer – lawyer and touch DNA expert

1707155643261.png1707155653462.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics