4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people do not judge the entire video on this unhelpful still shot of a video.

Still interesting to see. Thanks
I think the State likely has a lot more video we know nothing about because people/businesses did the right think & turned it over to LE without trying to get 15 minutes of fame from being tangentially related to a horrific tragedy, MOO.

I think the State likely has a lot more video we know nothing about because people/businesses did the right think & turned it over to LE without trying to get 15 minutes of fame from being tangentially related to a horrific tragedy, MOO.

Yes!

Your right, people could have tried to get 15 minutes of fame but it backfires on people.

Say a business or home owner has video of allegedly BK's car from that night. They call the Daily Mail and the DM publishes the video and pays the person for the video.

In this case the prosecution could not use this video I believe.

In the OJ case a lady did paid interviews with tabloids and made alot of money because she claimed that when she was in her car she passed OJ in his car when he was coming from Nicole's condo that night.

The lady gave interviews saying she was upset that the prosecution couldn't use her testimony because she sold it to the media. Prosecution said they could not use her witness testimony.

2 Cents

I’d hope not too, but I’m skeptical. It’s a crime that is followed world wide.

I'm suspicious because of what Judge Judge said....shouldn't have to have so many hearings. Excessive redundant hearings are not being a good defense attorney. I think someone else could do better with their Motions and Hearings.

I'm suspicious because of what Judge Judge said....shouldn't have to have so many hearings. Excessive redundant hearings are not being a good defense attorney. I think someone else could do better with their Motions and Hearings.
Correct me please if I’m misremembering, but didn’t Brian withdraw his right to a speedy trial after he obtained her counsel?

Looks like it relates to

1.) Wire taps
2.) Probable Cause for search
3.) Field-preformance of drug dog

I think the wire tap relates to BK's phone and drug dogs were likely in the places that were searched.

2 Cents

I don't remember drugs being on the indictment, or in the PCA. Or wire taps. The court still hasn't posted the State's Motion to Limit Testimony. Only the defendant's objection to it has been posted. It's more of the same, in my opinion. Bury the State and all of us in OBJECTIONS. It's also my opinion the State knows what it's doing. And the Judge. If I don't read it, or see it with my own eyes, the first place I go ISN'T to some poisonous tree.

IMO, JMO

I don't remember drugs being on the indictment, or in the PCA. Or wire taps. The court still hasn't posted the State's Motion to Limit Testimony. Only the defendant's objection to it has been posted. It's more of the same, in my opinion. Bury the State and all of us in OBJECTIONS. It's also my opinion the State knows what it's doing. And the Judge. If I don't read it, or see it with my own eyes, the first place I go ISN'T to some poisonous tree.

IMO, JMO
Yeah no drugs in pca (and assume also not indictment)...but if there had been I suppose I might go to Poisonous Pee based on this tiny snippet of a Defense objection...but poisonous tree yeah nah. Moo

In reality it would have nothing to do with IGG and D's search for procedural error as IGG was not used to secure arrest warrant; and D has not filed motions contesting BK dna match with the single source male full profile dna sample extracted from the sheath button. Also remembering the safe guard State built into PCA re pc standing regardless of the paternal dna test result (which initially linked BK to the single source male full suspect profile on 27th Dec 2022 a fews days prior to arrest) Jmo

They knew as soon as they started looking at video footage then turned it over to FBI.

From PCA
Thanks so much. I was starting to think I had hallucinated that. This is a point that BK failed to anticipate, that his car and its movement would stand out as law enforcement began to search for the killer and that not having a front plate (which is normal in PA) would be a distinguishing characteristic.

IMO, JMO
Thanks for including the handy link!

MOO, this is just another Logston Special. Shrug.

He challenged the GJ standard of proof. He lost.

Now he’s going after the PCA used to issue warrants. Arrest warrant? Search warrants? Which warrants?

I looked at the cites, and more importantly the decisions on 3 or 4 of them. IANAL, but this feels like just more of the same, MOO.

Time will tell! At least JL was brief this time, LOL.

I am trying to figure out, if his next step will be that the real killer, planted the DNA in the bedroom, deliberately. Wouldn't killing 4 people, with a knife, result in more of the killer's DNA in the house? Than just one random speck on a knife sheaf?
So the killer purposely planted BK's DNA the night of the killings?

Did the killer also know that BK had turned off his phone a few hours earlier and was driving around in the same area that same night? Pretty lucky for that killer that he decided to frame someone who actually had no real alibi and coincidentally was driving with cell phone off during the crime.

Could you share your thoughts on the countermeasures? TIA

Did they really not find any blood evidence in his vehicle? Or his DNA in the home, other than on the knife sheath? TIA
He's an advanced criminology scholar so he would have known the basics of transfer and then some.

Examples of countermeasures he may have used::

An outer layer of clothing
Showering
Body hair shaving
Wiping down every surface (well except the snap crevice)
Lining vehicle interior
Lining trunk
Obscuring or altering license plate
Face mask
Head covering
Double head covering
Hairnet/nylon
Full balaclava
Gloves
Double gloves
Disposable shoes, generic shoes, plus or minus in size
Disposing of crime scene apparel remotely
Car wash, detailing, bleach or hydrogen peroxide, vacuuming, multiple times, meticulous cleaning, both before and after crime
Cellphone manipulation
Sparse apartment, obsessively clean
Careful disposal of personal trash

IMO these are basic countermeasures. He may have taken additional advanced ones that, not being a PhD student with his background, I haven't even thought of.

All of the above is JMO

I am trying to figure out, if his next step will be that the real killer, planted the DNA in the bedroom, deliberately. Wouldn't killing 4 people, with a knife, result in more of the killer's DNA in the house? Than just one random speck on a knife sheaf?

In a court filing it says this:

“The State’s argument asks this Court and Mr Kohberger to assume – is that the DNA on the sheath was placed there by Mr Kohberger, and not someone else during an investigation that spans hundreds of members of law enforcement and apparently at least one lab the State refuses to name,”

My question was if anyone had ever seen a prosecutor state that the PCA is no longer relevant prior to trial?
You asked two questions.
What do they mean? Fruit of the poisonous tree comes to mind. Anyone seen anything like this before in a murder case pre-trial?
I answered one of them, IMO.

I hope AT is not using this case for her own career gain. Evil to try to gain something for your own selfish motives from 4 "kids" being killed for a deranged killer's "pleasure."

Well, I think most people try hard to be their best at their chosen career. And most people do want to advance themselves in some way. She has to leave aside the deaths of four people in order to absolutely do her best defending a DP client.

I think she is frustrated and very reluctant to go to trial. Most of us know why (I know you know why). There's going to be so much more evidence and it is all going to be terribly damning. BK knows that. AT knows that.

So she stalls and does what she can. Other criminal defense attorneys are watching and taking notes - but if this continues to expand as the decades go by, we can reasonably expect that murder trials will take 5-8 years to happen. Or longer. So sad for the families. I'm not sure what can be done, aside from whoever organizes the state level of funding to put their foot down. The reason they have sealed her budget records, IMO, is to keep the good People of Idaho from finding out where all those dollars are going (it would outrage the public and bias the case, obviously).

It's such an odd stalemate. BK sits in jail (presumed innocent) but cannot provide the proof of alibi that would keep him from a murder trial - so he gets to sit there. Forever? Is that the plan? Poor Judge Judge.

Here is my conjecture: Judge Judge knows that DP cases take longer to get trial and has a good sense of what the outer limits might be (timewise). The Prosecution is ready to go. The Defense appears to be running in circles with the same types of complaints/motions over and over. At some point, this will all stop and it will go to trial (but not this March). I doubt it will be scheduled near the end of year holidays, either - so we're looking at early 2025 at best, and probably Spring 2025, at the rate things are going. THEN, there will be more haggles (AT will surely have the basic pre-trial motions, such as change of venue or change of judge - although she'd be dumb to swap out Judge Judge, who has bent over backwards for her). Summer 2025?

Anyone else want to guess?

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members